G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

taillight tints

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 10:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tarabocc4118
what do u guys think of these? tinting ur taillights? i bought the dark smoke n not sure if it'll go with my graphite diamond color g35x cuz i haven't gotten em in yet? n i am also thinking bout whethert o put white blinker lights on the side or black? any opinions??
hey heres my g with the clear corners same color as yours

Old 01-05-2010, 10:40 PM
Received 98 Likes on 82 Posts
i would leave the corners clear cuz you have way too much chrome. black corners would look out of place

Old 01-06-2010, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by 4DGS
Tdruk, why is that photo labeled "puppy"???
haha i was wondering when someone was gonna call me out. I saved it in a folder with pictures of my pup by accident haha

Old 01-06-2010, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by myGi$Gangsta
i would leave the corners clear cuz you have way too much chrome. black corners would look out of place
yea your right how bout the tail lights? and what do you think about those side skirts {Extreme Dimensions Sigma Body Kits} and last but not least the drilled rotors theres so many im thinking bout i dont know if i should get them off e bay im scared they might be cheap and mess up

Old 01-06-2010, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by sexcpr69
yea your right how bout the tail lights? and what do you think about those side skirts {Extreme Dimensions Sigma Body Kits} and last but not least the drilled rotors theres so many im thinking bout i dont know if i should get them off e bay im scared they might be cheap and mess up
tail lights you can do but not too black, or get the gtr style overlays.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Infin...Q5fAccessories
sideskirts i like this ones, i'm not sure if this are the ones you're talking about
http://www.andysautosport.com/infini...r00071591.html
drilled rotors you can get good ones for a good price at r1concepts.com, also paint your side mirror bases the color of your car

Old 01-06-2010, 05:38 PM
im offended when people say rice..im asian..i love rice lmao. But seriously you can tell when someone brakes, the line shines right through, if not you can look at their third brake light.

Old 01-06-2010, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by myGi$Gangsta
tail lights you can do but not too black, or get the gtr style overlays.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Infin...Q5fAccessories
sideskirts i like this ones, i'm not sure if this are the ones you're talking about
http://www.andysautosport.com/infini...r00071591.html
drilled rotors you can get good ones for a good price at r1concepts.com, also paint your side mirror bases the color of your car
yea thats a good idea about the mirror base thanks for that one those skirts you pointed out almost look like the factory tho whats the difference with those these are the ones i was talkin bout http://www.andysautosport.com/infini...r00182537.html and about the drilled rotors which ones are the best because i heard that the slots eat your brakes faster should i go witth all drilled holes i think that kinda looks hot or should i get the holes with the slots which is best and the quieter

Old 01-06-2010, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by sexcpr69
yea thats a good idea about the mirror base thanks for that one those skirts you pointed out almost look like the factory tho whats the difference with those these are the ones i was talkin bout http://www.andysautosport.com/infini...r00182537.html and about the drilled rotors which ones are the best because i heard that the slots eat your brakes faster should i go witth all drilled holes i think that kinda looks hot or should i get the holes with the slots which is best and the quieter
the link didnt work, this are the ones you're talking about. They're way too low, especially if you lower your car
http://www.andysautosport.com/infini...r00182537.html
The ones i sent you are a little lower than stock and look nicer from the front. or you can get the sideskirts that Strafe made, those are nice and get a front lip. I prefer drilled and slotted rotors, not sure which one is better or quieter tho

Old 01-06-2010, 06:35 PM
Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by ShanesG
Well for me, when i drive i don't fixate my eyes on the persons taillights directly in front of me. So lets say you put a car in front of me with painted black tails and no light could pass through i would still have enough awareness to see when traffic is coming to a stop. I mean really it's a stupid excuse when you think about it. I've driven behind plenty of cars during the day and night with all types of tinted tails and have not once ever had a problem seeing brake lights. So the way i see it, unless your fixated on the smoked out light ahead of you(assuming they must be double layered limo tint since you can't see light shining through) then you should have a problem "almost" rear-ending someone. It def. makes the visibility worse, that's a given but to me thats no excuse for someone to "not see" traffic stopping.
ok. you win. i think i need to get my eyes check out..

Old 01-06-2010, 10:20 PM
Get the smoked tail lights! I have a Black G with 5% tint and am planning to get the smoked tail lights aswell. Maybe in the future I'll powdercoat my rimes black leaving the edge gray.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:45 PM
Received 113 Likes on 103 Posts
not a fan of smoked tails. Clear corners on a DG look good. I would know

Old 01-07-2010, 09:04 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
If you honestly almost hit a car due to tinted tails you should seriously get your eyes checked and shouldn't be driving, and/or pay better attention. Even if someone had a 5% tint on their tails you should still be able to see.
I dunno. I kinda disagree. I've been behind some guys with serious tint on their tails and on a bright sunny day it's pretty hard to see sometimes. Yes, you should still be aware that traffic is stopping, but the flicker of red brakes lights usually triggers an instinctive response to hit the brakes.

But at the same time you can't blame it on the other guy when you get rear-ended with 5% double tint on your tails. Yeah he hit you, but you modified your safety equipment illegally.

My g/f works in insurance and she has told me stories where people have rear-ended cars with those stupid clear taillights and pink bulbs and sucessfully appealled an at fault decision due to modified/non-functional safety equipment. I'm sure the same could apply to smoked tails if the person is savvy enough to challenge it.

Tinted tails kinda rate up there with tinted windshields, or glaring aftermarket HID's in terms of modified safety equipment

Old 01-07-2010, 10:06 AM
^ lol I have all of the above, blacked out tail lights, tinted windshield and 8000k hids top and bottom on halogen housing, no problems at all so far tho know on wood.

Old 01-07-2010, 11:59 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
I dunno. I kinda disagree. I've been behind some guys with serious tint on their tails and on a bright sunny day it's pretty hard to see sometimes. Yes, you should still be aware that traffic is stopping, but the flicker of red brakes lights usually triggers an instinctive response to hit the brakes.

But at the same time you can't blame it on the other guy when you get rear-ended with 5% double tint on your tails. Yeah he hit you, but you modified your safety equipment illegally.

My g/f works in insurance and she has told me stories where people have rear-ended cars with those stupid clear taillights and pink bulbs and sucessfully appealled an at fault decision due to modified/non-functional safety equipment. I'm sure the same could apply to smoked tails if the person is savvy enough to challenge it.

Tinted tails kinda rate up there with tinted windshields, or glaring aftermarket HID's in terms of modified safety equipment
Easiest solution, DON'T DRIVE BEHIND SOMEONE WITH TINTED TAILS. lol If you truly cant see the brake lights why risk it and continue to drive behind them? As for the fault thing i agree, but that's the beauty of America noone gives a fvck about the other person. Everyone thinks everyone owes them something and would gladly fvck over the next person even if they clearly knew that it was their fault(sad but true). So i guess that's just a risk people with tinted tails have to take.

Old 01-07-2010, 12:11 PM
Easiest solution, DON'T DRIVE BEHIND SOMEONE WITH TINTED TAILS. lol If you truly cant see the brake lights why risk it and continue to drive behind them? As for the fault thing i agree, but that's the beauty of America noone gives a fvck about the other person. Everyone thinks everyone owes them something and would gladly fvck over the next person even if they clearly knew that it was their fault(sad but true). So i guess that's just a risk people with tinted tails have to take.
Sometimes you have no choice like driving behind them on a 1 lane road with stop and go traffic, happened to me before with a blacked out audi. I could barely see his tails light up. On my previous car I had them painted wayy too dark and kept getting highbeamed and pulled over. I had to remove the paint and redo them lighter

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: taillight tints