G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

New to the G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 08:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to the G35

As the title states, I'm new to the forums, and the car.
I currently have a 2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS.
With my new job, money will soon not be an issue...however, I'm not spending 80 grand on a factory car.
I'm looking for a car under 30 grand, and willing to spend 20k+ on it.
Before it is offered, I'm not making my Eclipse fast, I want RWD or AWD.
Also, another requirement, I need a newer vehicle. I don't want to downgrade to a 90's model. I'm looking for power, and a newer car.

Now, for my real question.
I want to know any recommendations on kits to get a G35 anywhere from 500 - 800hp.
I looked on turbo-kits.com and Z1motorsports.com and saw several kits in my range. Although I'm not familiar with them and would like some insight.
Also, please don't take me for some kid who thinks all I need is the kit off that site.
As I stated before, money is not an issue.

Thank you very much for reading my story, and I hope to hear back from some of you.

Last edited by LowerDefinition; 02-02-2010 at 09:28 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if moneys not an issue, why a g35??? i mean really theres plenty of other cars. One on the hot list that meets all your requirements, 2010 CTS-V

Old 02-02-2010, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by bluemax189
if moneys not an issue, why a g35??? i mean really theres plenty of other cars. One on the hot list that meets all your requirements, 2010 CTS-V
I didn't explain myself well enough.
Money won't be an issue later on.
For right now, I need a car that's under 30k, and I don't need high insurance.
I already pay 350 a month with my little 4 cylinder "sports" car.
I have plenty of money for parts, but not enough to just go out and buy a Porsche...if I did you best believe I would.

Old 02-02-2010, 09:11 PM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
Welcome man.

Are you sitting down?

OK, check out this thread: https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...ddy-twins.html

Old 02-02-2010, 09:13 PM
If money is not an issue and you want a Nissan, you should get a GT-R, not a G35. By the way, what the Fvck are you gonna do with a car that has 500 - 800 HP? Are you Michael Andretti?

Old 02-02-2010, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by 10nara
If money is not an issue and you want a Nissan, you should get a GT-R, not a G35. By the way, what the Fvck are you gonna do with a car that has 500 - 800 HP? Are you Michael Andretti?
I revised my statement in a reply to somebody else above.
Also, does it matter my intentions?
I'm just asking a inexperienced question.

Old 02-02-2010, 09:26 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
money is not in issue eh?

is there a reason why you want a g35? do you know what year of g35 u are looking at?

one thing u need to to is search search search...there is so much more then putting on a kit to make 500-800hp. now i dont wanna be one of these people that say "search noob" but if you are familiar with cars, you will know that 500-800hp is hard to get, especially on pump gas, and reliability if you dont do it right. you have to realize this isnt need for speed were you upgrade simply.

if you want that kind of hp you might as well start with a factory boosted engine such as the legacy/wrx/evo/gt-r etc.

is there a reason why u want that much hp?

one car i would recommended to look if u want luxury/speed/new vehicle is the infiniti g37s sedan, great car, great power awesome style. but there are so much other cars out there that are quick, so if money is not an option, i dont really think g35 is your car, sorry, but then again i might be wrong.

Trending Topics

Old 02-02-2010, 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by 6spSEDANFTW!
money is not in issue eh?

is there a reason why you want a g35? do you know what year of g35 u are looking at?

one thing u need to to is search search search...there is so much more then putting on a kit to make 500-800hp. now i dont wanna be one of these people that say "search noob" but if you are familiar with cars, you will know that 500-800hp is hard to get, especially on pump gas, and reliability if you dont do it right. you have to realize this isnt need for speed were you upgrade simply.

if you want that kind of hp you might as well start with a factory boosted engine such as the legacy/wrx/evo/gt-r etc.

is there a reason why u want that much hp?

one car i would recommended to look if u want luxury/speed/new vehicle is the infiniti g37s sedan, great car, great power awesome style. but there are so much other cars out there that are quick, so if money is not an option, i dont really think g35 is your car, sorry, but then again i might be wrong.
I changed the body to state the money issue.
Also, I already had in the body, that I know it takes much more than "a kit" to reach my goals.
I'd prefer a G35, as from what I see there are more parts for it currently.

Old 02-02-2010, 09:49 PM
I assume you want the G35 because of its luxury aspect otherwise there are other alternatives, but you must already know this.
I agree with candlestickpark, look through the thread about the Greddy Twin turbos, and I would PM the thread starter.
I think its obvious what needs to be done. Purchase high quality parts to initially build the engine. Not sure if its necessary, but I believe cams, block, head, sleeves, fuel injectors, clutch, flywheel, upgraded intake, headers, and exhaust. I would recommend buying reputable brands that cater to F/I application. Its your own custom car so its up to you what brand u choose, just as long as they are well known. Youll need the twin turbos obviously.... and most importantly IMO, a professional tune will decide how well your car runs. Good luck with the setup

Old 02-02-2010, 09:59 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Buy an STI, you can hit 400hp and stay under 50k

Old 02-02-2010, 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by Gnightsedan
I assume you want the G35 because of its luxury aspect otherwise there are other alternatives, but you must already know this.
I agree with candlestickpark, look through the thread about the Greddy Twin turbos, and I would PM the thread starter.
I think its obvious what needs to be done. Purchase high quality parts to initially build the engine. Not sure if its necessary, but I believe cams, block, head, sleeves, fuel injectors, clutch, flywheel, upgraded intake, headers, and exhaust. I would recommend buying reputable brands that cater to F/I application. Its your own custom car so its up to you what brand u choose, just as long as they are well known. Youll need the twin turbos obviously.... and most importantly IMO, a professional tune will decide how well your car runs. Good luck with the setup
Ah, somebody who read the body.
You have it exactly.
And yes, only the best parts. I was thinking Greddy, only brand I really know well.

Old 02-02-2010, 11:31 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
ttrank's ride is your goal. Look at everything he's done to it, and if you're serious about doing something similar, talk to him about his ride, I'm sure he'll have plenty of helpful tips.

I think I understand what you're looking for. Something that's not going to cost you much now, but has a higher luxury aspect than your average Subaru, but still can be modded, right?
Considering a G35 has the same drivetrain as a 350z, almost all the same rules apply when it comes to tuning the engine.

Also, Welcome

Old 02-02-2010, 11:42 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
why not look into the bmw 135i or 335i. can be making some high power with a little more dough

Old 02-02-2010, 11:45 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
^ because then you need to maintain it.

BMWs are for leases.

Old 02-02-2010, 11:49 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
^+1

I've worked on a couple of German cars before. Take it from me, when it comes to cars, Germans do not think the same way as most humans.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New to the G35