G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

HELP! Engine Failure!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 03:29 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: HELP! Engine Failure!

When a dealer tells you the warranty is denied, they don't mean they are denying it [as they have no relationship between you and the warranty]. They are just sayiing in their experience Infiniti won't pay - up to you to persuade Infinit to pay.

You never know what the dealer status is with Infiniti, whether their inspections are trusted without question [service manager relationship with regional] or they are being punished for previous warranty infractions and have every charge examined by a team of auditors. There are clues based on viewing the dealers inventory. Car colors!

Lots depends on the dealers selling volume, as each of the 170 are in different classes.

Service departments are under extreme pressure to generate revenue and there are only two sources [Infiniti and Owners].

Now Customer Paid generates more cash than warranty and the cash comes in faster [less credit card discounts]. As Infiniti gets a discount [reimbursed fewer hours per job] based on volume of work compared to Customer Paid.

"Understand exactly how things work and you are more likely to get a portion of what you want..........otherwise you might get what you deserve".

Old 09-04-2004, 04:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tell the dealer not to touch your car any further, and put that request in writing. Get the reason why it is not covered under warranty. Provide them a copy of the Magnusson-Moss act (just to be nice). Take pictures of your cars engine bay.

HIRE A LAWYER!!!

Don't even screw around with them any further. You already know what the dealerships standpoint is (Warranty won't cover it).

F.Y.A.

Old 09-04-2004, 05:01 PM

Also, delete your post. After all, if you don't think that Infiniti doesn't read these posts, or have spies (Q45tech) you are crazy. I mean you admitted to everyone that you drove the car two days and the oil light was coming on after braking hard. And where you took it for service. Not to be too hard on you, but That just leads most people to believe that your oil was low (which is why your oil light comes on after hard braking----same as your low fuel light) and u drove for 2 days.....Don't give them any further reasons to deny your claims.

Please have a mod delete ur post b4 it's too late.

F.Y.A.<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by socalg35 on 09/04/04 02:04 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 09-04-2004, 05:17 PM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan

I did not drive for 2 day with a low oil light. I saw the low oil light right when I was in Redwood city (about 2 blocks from my work and Peninsula Infiniti). I parked at work and the car sat all night (I work graveyard shift). The next morning I drove about a block and heard the noises so I went straight to Peninsula. So I drove maybe 4 blocks after I saw the oil light.

Old 09-04-2004, 06:38 PM

Never worked for Nissan or any of its affiliates or suppliers. Never had any written or oral communications with Nissan other than having my cars serviced when they were last under warranty in June 1999 [although my son was a Nissan service writer some years ago]. On occassion I have helped Service Managers diagnose problem cars [old Q45] where I consider myself an expert on a par with factory engineers managers.

A Spy - far from it, knowlegable of dealer operations - VERY! As I do have friends who were/are dealership owners/general managers and many of our current employees were ex Infiniti Master Techs and a few have gone back to be THE Senior Master Tech and Service Managers around Atlanta and in other states.

The problem with lawsuits is nothing happens till they are settled and they have more lawyers/expert witnesses on the payroll who have lots of experience. You have to pay lawyers in advance and expert witnesses [who may not be qualified under the law].........the typical technican is not legally qualified no PHD or at least a Masters in Automotive Engineering and a Licensed Professional Engineer in your state.

Don't get too worked up till you meet with the Infiniti Regional Engineer/Service Manager who makes regular monthly trips to each dealership to listen to and resolve compliants.
They usually have a line of people waiting and are quite good at fairly resolving things unless you are too much of an __________. Then they can make you suffer - sure buddy see you in Court in a couple of years. Have your attorney contact us........the dealer can charge you $20/day for storage and not release your car till the "mechanics lien" is statisfied.

The court may require the vehicle be secured in a licensed safe indoor place till the case comes up in a few years.

Some states have mandatory arbitration for sisputes concerning cars and warranty.

Old 09-04-2004, 06:52 PM
Sedan

Thanks for the info Q45tech. I know what you mean about lawsuits, court, etc. That's not what I want. I just know that a CAI and a cat back exhaust won't cause "engine failure".

Old 09-05-2004, 02:49 AM

Only way CAI could cause damage is if something came apart in the CAI and went into the engine.

2003.5 G35 Sedan White/6MT - 2004 350z Roadster Black/6MT

Old 09-05-2004, 02:56 AM
Sedan

Hypothetical question: If for some reason Infiniti voids my warranty (God forbid), would I be able to claim this on my insurance?

Old 09-05-2004, 06:41 AM

Relax, I'll bet it will be fixed unless there is more to the story.
I'm still concerned about oil level. You never explained how often you changed the oil and how often you checked it!

Never seen a Nissan oil light come on in 15 years unless the oil was low to non existent as the pumps are chain driven. [As we know the pickup cannot be sludged shut in 29,000 [2 years] miles]. The oil light doesn't come on until the pressure drops down to 4 psi or lower [vs the 14 psi minimum spec at hot idle].

You can prove 5-6-7 oil changes RIGHT?

Old 09-05-2004, 08:51 AM
Sedan

I had the oil changed at every recommended interval. In fact I just had the 30k service done to my car about 2 weeks prior to this incident.

Peninsula said that my oil was 3.5 quarts low yet there was no apparent oil leak. That means I would have been burning oil like crazy, correct? I think I would of noticed large plumes of smoke behind my car. I'm not one of those oblivious drivers, I'm aware of my surroundings.

Old 09-05-2004, 09:58 AM

Now with all the additional info you provided, you have a great case [with the 2 week prior 30 k service] since they were the last one to service the car. No reasonable person [jury/judge]would/could expect that it would lose/burn over a quart per month...........surely not 3.5 in 2 weeks unless there was a leak or not filled.
So they didn't refill it after the drain or left something lose ------drain plug or filter.

You may end up suing the dealership not Infiniti since the warranty deems you or in this case your agent [the dealership who did the 30k] responsible for maintaining the oil level.

No wonder they said Infiniti wouldn't pay, now the fun begins.

Old 09-05-2004, 10:28 AM
Premier Member

This would explain it! The place obviously didn't put enough oil in the engine. They should be held reliable for this now.

2004 Infiniti G35S, 6MT, Premium, Sport, DP
Mods: JDM Clears, 20% tint, Z-tube, Stilen CAI
Track: 14.32 at 98.79 mph 2.2032 60ft
Dyno 07-07-04 - 234.2 hp & 233.8 tq
http://www.g35world.com

Old 09-05-2004, 12:19 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

I had mine changed the other day (at the dealer), & they use one of those bulk fill lines. Not sure how they work to measure volume going in,...but. The guy did not check the dip stick after filling. He relied on the fill system only.
I was watching the process & needless to say I made him check the dip stick.

<font color=blue>04 Silverstone G35, 5AT, Prem, Aero
ES100 225/45-18 front 245/40-18 rear
HKS & Y-pipe, Z-tube, Eibach, 35%Tints</font color=blue>

Old 09-05-2004, 02:57 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's not enough either for the dealership or Infiniti to TELL you why mods caused the failure, they have to PROVE it.

Make them do so before they tell you no.

Jase aka Doogie
04 G35S

Old 09-05-2004, 05:14 PM
Sedan

A few people I have talked to seem to think they did not fill my car with oil. I am beginning to think this may be the case.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: HELP! Engine Failure!