G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Auto entry/exit system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 06:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jimNC
That is exactly what happened with mine and I would be shocked if it weren't your gear. If you follow the replacement instructions on that website you will see how easy it would be to take the endcap off and you can eyeball it without removing it.

I'm kinda curious to hear the story behind how this company came to make this part. Almost wonder if someone that works there owns a G.
Did you read the story about their company at all? I was checking it out. It looks like the same thing that Mustang was about to do. The guy wrote that he had a piece go out on his BMW's odometer, and where he just needed the gear, they would have to replace an entire housing for between $150 and $260. He found a way to have his own made and found it was a recurring issue. He started helping others with the same issue and it grew and grew. So yeah, he probably had a buddy with a G35 or somehow someone contacted him and showed him it was a similar piece.

It is interesting.

So far, their ordering was simple. I used Paypal to pay. They sent me their own email within a couple hours afterwards with a PDF receipt, a thanks for the order it will ship today, and a link to common questions at their website.

I expect it early next week. They did have very adequately detailed instructions at their website. I look forward to replacing this in just a few minutes.

Dave

And when things go well with this, I plan to send them an email to let them know and to expect many more sales of this particular piece.

Old 04-01-2010, 06:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
although this thread went ot, it's amazing how a community can come up with new solutions over a simple question ^^

imma have to try to enable the entry/exit system now.

thx guys!

Old 04-01-2010, 08:49 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
I'm probably going to buy 1 myself.

I'd rather have the gear ready and waiting. Seeing as this is a common issue...it's only a matter of time

BUT! Auto Entry/Exit is back on!

Old 04-02-2010, 10:22 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I turned my auto entry/exit on yesterday, but ended up turning it back off. Just seems kind of pointless to me. Maybe it's more useful if you're really tall or something.

I did finally set my seat memory though and programmed it to my key fob. I'm trying to get my wife to program hers to the other key fob, but she just says 'you never let me drive you car anyway, so what's the point'?

Old 04-03-2010, 09:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How is that for service?

My gear arrived today. That is incredible turnaround.

Install started very straight forward and was going well. It should have taken me all of 15 minutes, even with me ignoring the directions asking for vice grips and having to go back upstairs for them.

When I went to put the new gear on, it wouldn't. It has two flat sides and is otherwise round. I took the original and saw that it had resistance until you lined up the flat sides properly, and then slide right on. This new one would not. I had the thought to sand it down towards the back, but thought it smarter to text them (it says at their site to feel free to text them at these numbers) briefly explaining what I experience and asked if perhaps I got a bad one. I got a response within three minutes. He said that it should fit snug. If I break it putting it on, they will send me a new one.

In testing, if I put it on backwards, it would slide on further and be real tight. I sanded the back just a little bit with very fine wet sanding sandpaper.

It did fit in. It does work now. I do feel like I heard a little something from the other rail not. That one could go before long. I am debating whether I should wait, or just get a second one now.

I recommend buying this (well, instead of the alternative of buying a whole rail assembly). It will either take about 15 minutes, or just pull out the sand paper and sand as little as needed to get it to fit.

And the memory seats still work.

Dave

Old 09-24-2010, 10:39 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

This thread ROCKS !!!

EDIT: Followed the link. I copied this.

You will have to remove the old seat gear first to determine which style you have. We highly recommend to inspect old gear before ordering as all three style seat gears are possible to be installed.
One style is passenger the other two are
Driver's Power Seat Gear without Neck or collar with Splined Shaft and

Driver's Power Seat Gear with neck and collar You must reuse your old collar in order to maintain the automatic and preset seat features. Our new collar will not work with this feature. We recommend to disable this feature.
They also have instructions with photos. http://www.odometergears.com/subpage...ar_How_To.html

Luckily none of this is an issue for me.......yet

Last edited by COBRA ESQ; 09-24-2010 at 10:57 AM.