G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Z1 Motorsport reflash?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 11:07 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Z1 Motorsport reflash?

has anyone had a reflash from Z1 motorsport, ive searched in many different places and cant find anything about them making a reflash, but my uncle which has a 300zx TT and has a reflash made from them, tells me they make a reflash for G35 adding more timing, raising rev limiter, and possibly adding more fuel due to adding more timing.. is this true? does anyone know anything about this? i want to know because im getting a z tube and want to get a reflash to get the best out of the car..

Old 06-08-2010, 11:49 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Reflashing your ecu after getting a z tube will do absolutely nothing. Tuning your car should be done after you have all your mods.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:34 PM
umm i dont think ill do anything else, for now.. apparently what my uncle said is that they burn a chip to the ecu or something, so im guessing chipped ecu??.. apparently i should see improvement by the tune they will make.. but then again i cant find anything on them..

Old 06-08-2010, 01:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SkyWay
Reflashing your ecu after getting a z tube will do absolutely nothing. Tuning your car should be done after you have all your mods.
^+1. If a z-tube is all you plan on doing you will see extremely minimal gains (if any) with a tune. I advise you to not spend the money on tune

Old 06-08-2010, 01:20 PM
then what mods do you guys suggest so then i can tune the car? besides ztube? its just that ive read about other things like exhaust, jwt pop charger that barely add power, yet they are expensive.. the only one ive seen that people say its worth it its the 5/16 plenum spacer, which i dont know how to install myself and dont even have the tools for it :S

Old 06-08-2010, 01:33 PM
JBF
Received 686 Likes on 365 Posts
If you go to Z1, make sure you deal with John Parhamm...He's the only guy there thats honest

Old 06-08-2010, 01:35 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by Dani01c
then what mods do you guys suggest so then i can tune the car?
https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...an-thread.html

Old 06-09-2010, 01:15 AM
then what mods do you guys suggest so then i can tune the car? besides ztube? its just that ive read about other things like exhaust, jwt pop charger that barely add power, yet they are expensive.. the only one ive seen that people say its worth it its the 5/16 plenum spacer, which i dont know how to install myself and dont even have the tools for it :S
The thing about modding is you can't just add one thing. If all you do is add an intake filter (or z-tube) then your not gonna see any gains. But when have a bunch of supporting mods (intake filter, z-tube, plenum spacer, exhaust, lightweight flywheel, etc.) and then you tune your car, your gonna see noticeable gains.

All I have done to my car is stillen intake filter and tube, kinetix high flow cats, and a custom cat back and I'm dyno'ing about 40 hp over stock. Very noticeable, the car breathes a lot better.

Yes all these parts are expensive, but you gotta pay to play. Nobody said building a car was cheap or easy. If you want a cheap car to mod go buy a civic

Hope this helps and good luck to you in the future

Old 06-09-2010, 08:55 AM
interesting! well the thing is im not whining just because they are expensive, im whining because they are expensive and "apparently" they dont do squat.. right now on my list is z tube hr y pipe and coupe mid pipe.. but hell no i love my g35 to death, im not going back to gay *** honda lol! but my main goal right now is just beat my brothers 06 SI so he stops talking ****.. since ive got the G35 we dont even talk lol! he says he es going to destroy me.. i just wanna make sure i get bus lengths out of him

Old 06-09-2010, 10:19 AM
Received 162 Likes on 132 Posts
O/P if that is the only mod you have you can expect to gain 10-15 hp from a reflash alone. This is not because of the z tube, but instead because of the conservative factory tune of the car. If you do plan other mods in the future I would wait to reflash till then (don't want to spend money twice on the same thing). However, if you do not do any mods you will still see gains on a stock engine from a reflash.

Old 06-09-2010, 11:39 AM
interesting! well the thing is im not whining just because they are expensive, im whining because they are expensive and "apparently" they dont do squat.. right now on my list is z tube hr y pipe and coupe mid pipe.. but hell no i love my g35 to death, im not going back to gay *** honda lol! but my main goal right now is just beat my brothers 06 SI so he stops talking ****.. since ive got the G35 we dont even talk lol! he says he es going to destroy me.. i just wanna make sure i get bus lengths out of him
Each part by themselves isn't going to do a whole lot like I said, but when you combine a bunch of supporting mods like intake and exhaust (intake allows more air into the engine and exhaust allows more air out) your going to see greater results than just adding one or the other.

Technically yes you will see gains on a stock or near stock setup like this guy

https://g35driver.com/forums/tuner-d...ck-set-up.html

However tuning a stock motor seems pointless to me. Tuning is the last thing you want to do.

Add a plenum spacer to your list and I would call that good for awhile. Your car stock should beat a stock 06 si (depening on driver skill).

Old 06-10-2010, 12:36 AM
right now i ordered the z tube, what i want next is coupe mid pipe and hr y pipe.. the thing is i cant find mid pipe around here in PR or ebay, or even less a HR Y pipe from a 350z.. then after that ill make some money and plan on getting a 5/16 plenum spacer but my problem is who can install it because i dont even have the tools for it.. my car should beat a stock SI but the thing is he has intake and something done in the exhaust, he was running 199whp before with s2k throttle but he sold it so he should be @190whp, but im not sure