G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Random Little Question Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-09-2011, 01:12 AM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
Old 04-09-2011, 08:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
I'm making this thread so people can ask a random little question without making a totally new thread for that small question that doesn't need a whole thread. Obviously i had to break the ice on this new forum 'tool' (as i am going to put it) and or/idea and make a thread for my random little question. Reply if you want, ask questions if you got 'em!

Anyways, my question is, i recently replaced the bracket in my door because the **** started popping all the way down the road. An annoying pop that went away when i held the top of the handle with my hand. I originally replaced the bracket because some where down the line, it got bored out. Seemed to happen after i hit that MAJOR rattle making pot hole down in Jacksonville florida that shook me and my car to bits.

It has been popping ever since.

Replaced bracket, and it still pops. I added felt all around it to see if that would help and it didn't. I am almost thinking that it could be happening in between where the leather armrest 'handle' thing at the top is joining with the plastic door panel (because those aren't one piece, correct?) and if so, is there any way to get under there to add some felt? Does anyone else even have an annoying pop that CANNOT be drowned out? It honestly drives me so far up the wall that i am having a hard time breathing rom the altitude. I am about ready to just dynomat the crap out of the door.

Any suggestions for 'pop' removal would be appreciated.
well I recently removed the door skin of my 03 g35 coupe, its quite easy
there are three or four screws and a few clips
also you will have to remove the window garnish at the front top of the door
make sure to get the screw under the arm rest handle cover, it pops off. there is a small slot at the bottom to pry it off with a screwdriver.
you can lift off the door skin once you have pulled the push clips away from the door frame, there are a few wire connectors and screws but once there out you can get at everything.
and yes the armrest is more than one piece, possibly you have a broken plastic tab on the inside

Old 04-09-2011, 10:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok this may be a stupid question, but I am trying to find out from the guys that have aftermarket/custom exhaust setups if you guys noticed an increas or decrease in mpg after you had it installed (driving conservatively and aggresively vs the stock exhaust option.)

Last edited by racinazn; 04-09-2011 at 10:47 AM.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:25 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Arrow

Went to Len Stoler Nissan in Owings Mills, MD today for an oil filter and crush washer. I did what Bluedream suggested and asked if they had a "discard parts" pile (hoping there'd be an HR Y buried in there somewhere), but it was a no go. He gets me the filter and washer then pulls up the Y pipe in the system. I asked him how much- he smiled politely, printed the receipt summary, laid it down on the table, then slid it over to me... $568.65!!!!!!!

Are you kidding me???!?!?!!!? You can almost buy an entire exhaust system for that!! And the saddest part is I was weighing the pros and cons in my head if I were to buy it, lol!!! Am I the only poor sap that's totally desperate for one?

Old 04-09-2011, 07:42 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 118 Likes on 75 Posts
can i just buy SPC front camber shims instead of buying the kit ????

Old 04-09-2011, 07:44 PM
Mr.202?

Received 205 Likes on 163 Posts
Originally Posted by GreenPenguin
Went to Len Stoler Nissan in Owings Mills, MD today for an oil filter and crush washer. I did what Bluedream suggested and asked if they had a "discard parts" pile (hoping there'd be an HR Y buried in there somewhere), but it was a no go. He gets me the filter and washer then pulls up the Y pipe in the system. I asked him how much- he smiled politely, printed the receipt summary, laid it down on the table, then slid it over to me... $568.65!!!!!!!

Are you kidding me???!?!?!!!? You can almost buy an entire exhaust system for that!! And the saddest part is I was weighing the pros and cons in my head if I were to buy it, lol!!! Am I the only poor sap that's totally desperate for one?
Lol, you could just by the Motordyne Y if your going to spend good money. Just keep looking. I got my HR-Y about a week after looking.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:21 PM
Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts
so as i had said in an earlier post, i broke a wheel stud...my friend was trying to help me put the new one in, but as he put the stud in the from the back and put open ended lug nut to pull stud through, he started torquing it immediately with an impact gun and stripped the whole inside where the splines are to hold stud in place...now i need a new hub...i found this one on craigslist, but it's for 04, mine is 06...should i get this one? all the other's i've seen run 125 and up
http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/pts/2315492953.html

Old 04-09-2011, 09:32 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by D.Reaper
so as i had said in an earlier post, i broke a wheel stud...my friend was trying to help me put the new one in, but as he put the stud in the from the back and put open ended lug nut to pull stud through, he started torquing it immediately with an impact gun and stripped the whole inside where the splines are to hold stud in place...now i need a new hub...i found this one on craigslist, but it's for 04, mine is 06...should i get this one? all the other's i've seen run 125 and up
http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/pts/2315492953.html
Wow, is he selling you everything in that pic(rotor, caliper, etc.) as the hub assembly? The actual hub assembly "appears" to be in good shape and the part is the same from 03- 06. I'm sure you have your own wheel bearing to press onto the hub. Personally, I would save a little longer and just get a brand new part, but I don't think that's necessary if you inspect the part thoroughly before buying.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:45 PM
Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts
I mean I only really need the hub, everything will not be necessary... Seems like a decent deal

Old 04-09-2011, 11:15 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by GreenPenguin

Are you kidding me???!?!?!!!? You can almost buy an entire exhaust system for that!!
I got a similar 'offer' from the local stealer. LMFAO! So not worth it, keep looking.

Old 04-10-2011, 07:36 AM
Received 98 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by NFSP G35
I used to have a pair that looked just like the ones on the first link. Got em for like 15$ on ebay. Terrible fitment. Really they were looser than a hoe's Vag!na. I had to put layers of double sided tape just to get 'em to stay put. Also some of this are prone to condensation. So what I did was got me some clear corners, put a thin masking line in the middle, painted them black and removed the masking when they dried up, so I got a small strip that's clear, this way the leds stay bright

Old 04-10-2011, 07:38 AM
What does this light mean on the dash mean (!)

Old 04-10-2011, 09:34 AM
? = 2B || !2B

^You mean (_!_) (kinda) ??
TPMS

Old 04-10-2011, 10:00 AM
^ yea that. It's on my mom's 05 sedan not on mine. Does it mean one or more tires needs moar air,

Old 04-10-2011, 12:45 PM
? = 2B || !2B

If I understand correctly, it's just a fault condition. That could me too much air, not enough, or that it's not getting signal from one or more sensors

I'm not an expert on the subject though, as my car does not have TPMS (one of the very few IMO advantages of the 03.0)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Random Little Question Thread