G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Random Little Question Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-24-2012, 03:11 PM
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by TunerMax
Lol a full kit for all vacuum lines, etc. That's funny.
I cant believe there isnt one. Would sure help a lot of people new to modding...

Old 04-24-2012, 07:13 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
Originally Posted by g35love123
I need would like someone opinion on the matter.

I am currently for an aftermarket set up that will allow me to change the color of the stock gauge cluster to a color of my choice. Does anyone know of a kit that will allow me to do it?

Also i am looking at putting in an aftermarket tach and gauges on my a pillar. Any good kits that are "a plug n go" type system. And i don't know how hard it is to take apart the dash so if someone could point me to a good reference i would really appreciate it

thank you
https://g35driver.com/forums/media-s...prototype.html

Old 04-25-2012, 06:58 PM
Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts
is it possible to use 03/04 headlights on my 06 just as placeholder headlights to give me a couple of days to work on my retros? the aftermarket ones are so cheap, it would be an easy way to allow me to work on mine in peace. i know it will leave gaps by the bumper, but just need something to roll with.

Old 04-25-2012, 07:02 PM
? = 2B || !2B

^Yes probably, but I'm not exactly sure how you would hook the halogens up considering you have stock HID :/

Old 04-25-2012, 07:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for the advice, i like it. I went to the website which you said and the only thing i am wondering is that mine is a six speed and the only once i saw were for an automatic. You think they would have one for a six speed?

Old 04-25-2012, 07:25 PM
? = 2B || !2B

^IDK... PM people!

Old 04-25-2012, 07:50 PM
Received 358 Likes on 258 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
AmsOil
bawler!!!

LOL

Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Thats bizarre my car did the exact same thing with the Ultra. Good to know I'm not crazy.
This is good to know, I'll need to find what's right for mine, she is burning a pinch as well.

Originally Posted by g35love123
I need would like someone opinion on the matter.

I am currently for an aftermarket set up that will allow me to change the color of the stock gauge cluster to a color of my choice. Does anyone know of a kit that will allow me to do it?

Also i am looking at putting in an aftermarket tach and gauges on my a pillar. Any good kits that are "a plug n go" type system. And i don't know how hard it is to take apart the dash so if someone could point me to a good reference i would really appreciate it

thank you
You got the link from NFSP 35, sounds like this is something you need to pay someone to do.

If you're feeling adventerous you can remove your needles (properly) sand down the gauge face, and install aftermarket LED bulbs in the colour of your choice to acheive what you want with RELATIVE ease.

This is not a Plug and play job, unless you pay someone else to do it and separate yourself from the job lol.

Originally Posted by D.Reaper
is it possible to use 03/04 headlights on my 06 just as placeholder headlights to give me a couple of days to work on my retros? the aftermarket ones are so cheap, it would be an easy way to allow me to work on mine in peace. i know it will leave gaps by the bumper, but just need something to roll with.
Should be, no idea if the wiring is PnP though. It won't be IF you get Halogen 03/04's, but if you get HID 03/04's it may be.

OAN, I might buy your 03/04's when you're done with them, depending on what you get, and such. Shoot me a PM, maybe you can recoupe some costs. I am planning a retro too.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:58 PM
Received 1,939 Likes on 1,249 Posts
For BC Racing coils. Is the ring for the rears supposed to be fixed to the threaded tube?

See pic (the top one)

That single ring is supposed to get loosened and you're able to turn the thread itself right. Then just lock the ring back into place?

For me, that lower ring seems to be rusted or stuck in place. So that rotating the thing causes the ring to rotate with it.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:56 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Im thinking about pulling my spacers off, had 10mm on there and now with the wife driving the car I would feel better with them removed. But is it safe to run the extended lugs without spacers? Wouldn't the stock lugs be too small/shallow? Should I just get deeper lugs?

Old 04-26-2012, 11:34 AM
Not likely, unless you have through-style lug nuts. Which you probably don't.

if they have a 'cap' on the end (they're only threaded so far), then you will need to put either different lug nuts on, use the spacers, or change the studs.

there's a possiblity they'll work, but you won't know unless you try, and I persoanlly highly doubt they will.

Old 04-26-2012, 03:53 PM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
Originally Posted by ME GUSTA
For BC Racing coils. Is the ring for the rears supposed to be fixed to the threaded tube?

See pic (the top one)

That single ring is supposed to get loosened and you're able to turn the thread itself right. Then just lock the ring back into place?

For me, that lower ring seems to be rusted or stuck in place. So that rotating the thing causes the ring to rotate with it.
Chris (that is you right?)

Yes, that ring comes loose. It keeps the bottom shaft from spining (locks into place). Are you using the provided key? Get yourself a piece of 1" conduit pipe and put it on the end of the key to give you more leverage. You will need to spin it towards the rear of the car for it to come loose. Oh and loosen it when it is on the car, with the bottom bolt still in.

Originally Posted by Abax84
Im thinking about pulling my spacers off, had 10mm on there and now with the wife driving the car I would feel better with them removed. But is it safe to run the extended lugs without spacers? Wouldn't the stock lugs be too small/shallow? Should I just get deeper lugs?

You can always cut the studs down a bit but be sure to put a nut or small open ended lug nut on first so you can rethread the stud if needed after the cut.

Old 04-26-2012, 05:36 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Not likely, unless you have through-style lug nuts. Which you probably don't.

if they have a 'cap' on the end (they're only threaded so far), then you will need to put either different lug nuts on, use the spacers, or change the studs.

there's a possiblity they'll work, but you won't know unless you try, and I persoanlly highly doubt they will.
Originally Posted by G35Papa

You can always cut the studs down a bit but be sure to put a nut or small open ended lug nut on first so you can rethread the stud if needed after the cut.
Seems like different lugs would be the easiest way to go. Any recommendations? Basically I just want some that are 10mm deeper than stock right?

thanks

Old 04-26-2012, 06:15 PM
^ This is good THOUGHT, but you can't cut studs, it damages them permanently (molecular structure stuff)

Originally Posted by Abax84
Seems like different lugs would be the easiest way to go. Any recommendations? Basically I just want some that are 10mm deeper than stock right?

thanks
Standard autozone stainless/plated lug nuts. They look like normal nuts, so the stud will literally protrude right through them.

It won't look as good, don't expect that, this is simply function. IF you want looks, put the proper studs in.

The following users liked this post:
Abax84 (04-27-2012)
Old 04-26-2012, 06:33 PM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
^ This is good THOUGHT, but you can't cut studs, it damages them permanently (molecular structure stuff)
I think you just called me stupid but I can't prove it

Cutting studs is no new thing...doesn't make it "right" but it happens even if it's molecularly wrong and stuff

Shouldn't you be finishing the projects on your car instead of answering posts on here Matt?

Old 04-26-2012, 07:08 PM
Received 1,939 Likes on 1,249 Posts
Chris (that is you right?)

Yes, that ring comes loose. It keeps the bottom shaft from spining (locks into place). Are you using the provided key? Get yourself a piece of 1" conduit pipe and put it on the end of the key to give you more leverage. You will need to spin it towards the rear of the car for it to come loose. Oh and loosen it when it is on the car, with the bottom bolt still in.

Hey Chris. Yes, this is Chris. lol.

I got it! (With the help of bicboy Brandon (*****-ah-saur) )

Thanks.

I just took it out today (rain stopped thank god) to see how I did. Everything felt nice, except my y-pipe is complete history. And my front splash guards are half-key length off the ground. I'm afraid I'll lose them lol. The rear tires rub against the fender on small bumps, I hope it doesn't damage the fender.

The BC's are maxed in the rear I think. Front has like quarter inch left to go. 12kg fr/10kg rear. I have an extra set of 14kg springs but i don't know what to do with them.

Moar low?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Random Little Question Thread