G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Random Little Question Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 01-23-2014, 07:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Big Booty Trudy
I just saw that same kit on eBay for under 200 I was thinking about getting it to but I'm not sure that it would really be stainless but if it is that's a great deal

Old 01-26-2014, 06:36 PM
Did I buy a car with z tube already in it

2nd week of ownership debating on first mods and noticed this ..... maybe im wrong but my brother checked his 05 sedan rev up and he has the regular intake tube but my 05 6spd sedan was like this

Old 01-26-2014, 06:38 PM
Pics

Attached Thumbnails Random Little Question Thread-20140126_151925.jpg   Random Little Question Thread-20140126_151824.jpg  
Old 01-26-2014, 07:49 PM
Received 100 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by Mikenotmat
I just saw that same kit on eBay for under 200 I was thinking about getting it to but I'm not sure that it would really be stainless but if it is that's a great deal
Yeah it looks pretty good. I zoomed into the tips and I noticed it doesn't look like the burnt tips on HKS or Invidia though.. Might be better to spend the extra $500 for the invidia. Can't even find a brand on those..

Old 01-27-2014, 05:25 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by alexboy330
Pics
Yep, that's a z tube. Looks like a Stillen product.

Old 01-27-2014, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Yep, that's a z tube. Looks like a Stillen product.
Thanks for the reply @blue dream .... so much for add when i purchased saying wife was primary driver ... lol ... purchased from older couple

Last edited by alexboy330; 01-27-2014 at 08:18 PM.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:05 PM
I need some help in trying to figure out an odd electrical or computer issue i am having. I think a big part of it is colder weather so perhaps its a bad ground or connection somewhere? 2006 G35x with 90k miles.

Basically Ive had 2 cases so far, initially I was driving at night and went to put my brights on for a dark stretch of road and immediately things started to flicker, my radio went out for a bit, i had my slip light pop on and off and i think my transmission or some other red light went on and off as well kind of like a big power cycle. I waited until i made it home before I tried my high beams again and was in park in my driveway, as soon as I turned them on a few things flickers again, i don't believe any warning lights came on, but then the engine just cut out. It restarted fine and I left it alone for the night.

A day later it was warmed and i drove and tested a few things and everything worked fine with 0 issues even when trying my brights.

Today, maybe 5 days since the first issue, it was a bit colder again and i made a quick trip to the store. The roads were slightly damp so at one point in the parking lot i ended up engaging my Slip light and then all of a sudden the radio faded away and returned and I ended up having my Slip and VDC Off lights both permanently on for the rest of the way home and wouldn't turn off. I did use the VDC button to see if it would turn off and nothing changed. The last thing I did was turn my normal headlights on and it killed my radio for a moment. I didn't mess with anything else because i just wanted to be home first, but once i was parked I tested my brights and had no additional issues. I also turned off and restarted the engine to find my Slip and VDC Off lights were again back to normal and not illuminated.

What could be causing this issue? What can I check to be sure things are connected right or no wires have been gnawed on or something by maybe an animal since it is outside at night. Could it be a fuse or something with the traction control as well since that engaged it today it seems and perhaps the first time as well?

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Old 02-01-2014, 06:09 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
Sounds like a serious voltage drop.
See if you can recreate the issue while someone holds a voltmeter in the lighter outlet.

Old 02-02-2014, 04:46 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by MrTBahgs
I need some help in trying to figure out an odd electrical or computer issue i am having. I think a big part of it is colder weather so perhaps its a bad ground or connection somewhere? 2006 G35x with 90k miles.

Basically Ive had 2 cases so far, initially I was driving at night and went to put my brights on for a dark stretch of road and immediately things started to flicker, my radio went out for a bit, i had my slip light pop on and off and i think my transmission or some other red light went on and off as well kind of like a big power cycle. I waited until i made it home before I tried my high beams again and was in park in my driveway, as soon as I turned them on a few things flickers again, i don't believe any warning lights came on, but then the engine just cut out. It restarted fine and I left it alone for the night.

A day later it was warmed and i drove and tested a few things and everything worked fine with 0 issues even when trying my brights.

Today, maybe 5 days since the first issue, it was a bit colder again and i made a quick trip to the store. The roads were slightly damp so at one point in the parking lot i ended up engaging my Slip light and then all of a sudden the radio faded away and returned and I ended up having my Slip and VDC Off lights both permanently on for the rest of the way home and wouldn't turn off. I did use the VDC button to see if it would turn off and nothing changed. The last thing I did was turn my normal headlights on and it killed my radio for a moment. I didn't mess with anything else because i just wanted to be home first, but once i was parked I tested my brights and had no additional issues. I also turned off and restarted the engine to find my Slip and VDC Off lights were again back to normal and not illuminated.

What could be causing this issue? What can I check to be sure things are connected right or no wires have been gnawed on or something by maybe an animal since it is outside at night. Could it be a fuse or something with the traction control as well since that engaged it today it seems and perhaps the first time as well?

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.
Sounds like you have a short but can't be 100% without using multimeter.

Old 02-03-2014, 05:32 PM
Do any of you guys have a cop detector and does it actually work??

Old 02-03-2014, 06:00 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
I prefer to use a proactive solution... I use a device that projects a fresh doughnut aroma in the opposite direction from me so that the cops are distracted before I get there.

The following users liked this post:
thegreatkwijibo (02-03-2014)
Old 02-05-2014, 11:25 AM
Question

Hi guys I'm new to the page. I'm looking to get me a g35. Just can't decide if I should get a coupe or sedan? I'd be driving it everyday almost. Are these even good for daily driving? I'm new to these cars but fell in love as soon as my friend got one. Thanks.

Old 02-05-2014, 11:53 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Welcome to the forum

I would personally recommend the Coupe, but that's because I prefer two-doors over four.

They both have their positives and negatives, this is a great place to search for information

Nick C.

Old 02-05-2014, 12:16 PM
Received 142 Likes on 123 Posts
Sedan of course

as far as daily driving though they do get pretty terrible gas mileage so consider yourself warned about that. Reliable though.

Old 02-05-2014, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics
Welcome to the forum

I would personally recommend the Coupe, but that's because I prefer two-doors over four.

They both have their positives and negatives, this is a great place to search for information

Nick C.

Are they expensive to work on?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Random Little Question Thread