G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Random Little Question Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-26-2013, 04:40 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
^Probably, it will also change the tone of the exhaust slightly.

Old 05-26-2013, 06:30 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by neo_anderson302
Those things work great, but all it does is open your throttle body more than you are stepping on the gas, depending on how you set the thing. In other words, you can have it set so it opens your throttle body to WOT when you are barely stepping on the gas pedal.

Being able to manipulate the electronic signal between the pedal and the throttle body can help give you more response, and it definitely will make your car feel faster since you'll be at WOT every time you step on the gas pedal.

The problem with these things is that $300 price tag without install, which means you will spend that money and then spend some time fumbling through whatever wires, looking for the right one to cut, and connect etc... to install this thing. While it is a nice feature to have, it isn't worth that $300 price tag plus install. The reason to that is because for just over $700, just over double that amount, you can get the Osiris to control your throttle signal. But the Osiris does a few other minor things as well, such as tune the ECU with several custom maps, etc...

Originally Posted by dominate
So my driver's side HID low beam went out tonight....had gone out months ago but just for a little while, but seems like it might have died for good this time...what would you guys recommend? Buying the replacement kit from Diode Dynamics maybe? Is there a good way to diagnose exactly which part is broken? Thanks
The easiest way to diagnose this is to try a good bulb. If you don't want to buy a new bulb if you don't have to, then use the bulb from the other side headlight. If swapping the bulb doesn't work, then we can already deduce that it's the ballast. You can always try the "bad bulb" in the other headlight as well.

If it's the ballast, look up "Matsush i ta gen 3 ballast" (the underlined is a single word which will get edited here) to find some deals online.

If it's the bulb, I would suggest changing both sides to keep an even color on both sides, but that is strictly up to you.

And do not touch the bulbs with your bare hands.

Last edited by dofu; 05-26-2013 at 06:38 PM.
The following users liked this post:
dominate (05-27-2013)
Old 05-26-2013, 10:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
what will it sound like because im running hr y pipe and coupe mid pipe just want to know if it will sound better if i deleted the resonator

Old 05-27-2013, 12:15 AM
Received 1,939 Likes on 1,249 Posts
Alright I just maxed out my SPC rear camber arms, now toe is way off. anyway to fix this? Since I'm running true coils, can I get the arm that replaces the spring bucket or if I recall correctly, there's another arm on the front side that connects to the whole assembly as well. Are these the traction rods?

Old 05-27-2013, 12:17 AM
Received 103 Likes on 70 Posts
Toe arms brah

Old 05-27-2013, 12:18 AM
This is what I'm talking about. Its the rear suspension, and sits opposite the spring bucket.

This says it's the circuit sports traction arm.

So I guess its the traction arm?

Old 05-27-2013, 12:22 AM
I think I maxed the toe bolt as far as it could go outward, and I still have some toe out. So instead of bringing the rear of the tire out more to match the front of the tire, would getting the traction arm allow me to bring the front of the tire in?

Old 05-27-2013, 12:49 AM
my toe...

car is undriveable with this toe. Has crazy side to side vibrations just backing from my driveway into the garage. I need this fixed ASAP so any input is appreciated.

as you can see, too much toe out!

Old 05-27-2013, 04:00 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
So I'm shopping for headlights with projectors and I came across these on Carid .com

http://www.carid.com/2004-infiniti-g35-headlights/

So I tell my buddy that he should get a set too for his '06 sedan and to my surprise the headlights for his car are a full $200 cheaper.

http://www.carid.com/2006-infiniti-g35-headlights/

So my question is, could I just buy the '06 sedan headlights for my '04 sedan??

I mean they look exactly the same but I just want to make sure that they will fit.

Old 05-27-2013, 04:16 PM
DVG
Received 143 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by dominate
So my driver's side HID low beam went out tonight....had gone out months ago but just for a little while, but seems like it might have died for good this time...what would you guys recommend? Buying the replacement kit from Diode Dynamics maybe? Is there a good way to diagnose exactly which part is broken? Thanks
It could be a ballast like the other dude said, but I would recommend getting OEM bulbs or TRS bulbs. They are all pretty much the same though and I dont think you will see much difference in output with reflector based HID systems

Originally Posted by bozzie91
does it make a difference whether you have use a plastic intake tubing, like the z-tube, vs the z1 aluminum intake tubing??
Heatsoak is an insignificant-to-most drawback of aluminum

Originally Posted by LolMooses
I'm thinking of getting these headlights for my o3 sedan: eBay Headlights but I have Xenon HID's and I'm not sure if these will fit them. At the bottom it says non Xenon sedans, but when I looked for a xenon equivalent, they offer the same housing but with an HID kit. I would rather not swap out my OEM HID's for some eBay kit I've never heard of, so my questions is, would these work with my Xenon's and are housings dependent on the type of bulb or is that JUST the ballast's?
Your cutoff and output will be awful. Ebay projectors are a step backwards from OEM HIDs, even with reflector based systems..

Originally Posted by Airic214
what will it sound like because im running hr y pipe and coupe mid pipe just want to know if it will sound better if i deleted the resonator
Probably raspier

Originally Posted by G_DiRTY5
So I'm shopping for headlights with projectors and I came across these on Carid .com

http://www.carid.com/2004-infiniti-g35-headlights/

So I tell my buddy that he should get a set too for his '06 sedan and to my surprise the headlights for his car are a full $200 cheaper.

http://www.carid.com/2006-infiniti-g35-headlights/

So my question is, could I just buy the '06 sedan headlights for my '04 sedan??

I mean they look exactly the same but I just want to make sure that they will fit.
1. No, 05/06 and 03/04 are not interchangeable.

2. Those headlights suck. You can get a real HID projector for that cost.

The following users liked this post:
dominate (05-27-2013)
Old 05-27-2013, 06:50 PM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
If your toe is off, get toe arms. Battle Version recommended since you can run a custom arm to whatever you need to bring the toe to. If you have bags or a coilover setup with a spring bucket, you're SOL unless you modify the spring bucket.

As for resonator on the midpipe, sure you can take it off, but whether or not it is illegal will depend on the state you live in. But I'd probably leave it and replace something another exhaust part if you're trying to get louder. It all depends on what you want to do.

Old 05-27-2013, 06:51 PM
my toe bolt might have gone way off after adjusting it so i'm gonna check. i'm on stance true coils so I'll be able to swap that out. but what about that traction rod that sits opposite of the spring bucket. would that allow toe adjustment as well.

Old 05-27-2013, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by bozzie91
does it make a difference whether you have use a plastic intake tubing, like the z-tube, vs the z1 aluminum intake tubing??
That depends on the intake system you are using with it. If you are "upgrading" to a JWT, Stillen, or some other intake system that leaves the intake in the middle of a hot engine bay, cheap useless heatshield or not, then the material of the z-tube is not going to matter as you'll be dealing with heat soak pretty regularly anyways.

Either way, if you really care, yes, it will matter, but keep in mind that the air is only moving through that pipe, so heat on that little piece of piping isn't really going to affect the intake temps much.

You have to be really **** to care about this if your intake isn't constantly heat soaked, and just retarded to care about this if your intake is constantly heat soaked.

Old 05-27-2013, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by TORETTO
my toe bolt might have gone way off after adjusting it so i'm gonna check. i'm on stance true coils so I'll be able to swap that out. but what about that traction rod that sits opposite of the spring bucket. would that allow toe adjustment as well.
The point of the traction arm is to correct bump steer, I'm not quite sure if it will broaden the adjustment range of your alignment or not. Your toe bolt should be able to handle that just fine.

Old 05-27-2013, 07:09 PM
thanks for the input. also, by adjusting the toe bolt (or toe arm if I get it), does that only affect the rear of the tire going in and out to fix toe, or does the whole thing see saw and the front of the tire goes in as the rear goes out?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Random Little Question Thread