G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

new member! where can i get Z/G combo springs?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2010 | 02:56 AM
|
new member! where can i get Z/G combo springs?

new member here! i have an 06 ivory pearl white 6MT all stock besides zTube.
im just wondering about the Z/G combo spring. where can i find these oem springs. really want that moderate drop, nothing to low. thanks in advanced.

Old 09-29-2010 | 03:18 AM
Welcome to driver.

And check your local craigslist, or over on my350z, and they come up on the marketplace here every now and then.

Old 09-29-2010 | 03:26 AM
|
Originally Posted by DrewskiLe
Welcome to driver.

And check your local craigslist, or over on my350z, and they come up on the marketplace here every now and then.
would it be better to go Z/G combo or should i just go with some lowering spings?

Old 09-29-2010 | 03:34 AM
It just depends on low you want to go. The Z front coupe rear setup is just as good as any aftermarket spring, and is a lot cheaper for the mild drop that you want. My full Z suspension went for 150 shipped. Make sure you get the revised Z springs also if you do.

Check out the link for different setups and see what you like:

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...on-thread.html

Old 09-29-2010 | 03:48 AM
|
yea i was looking at that link. so many to choose from. that 150 ship'd is that vendor price or ebay price? or local craigslist?

Old 09-29-2010 | 04:00 AM
^I got it off a member on my350z. It gave me a full one inch drop all around. It sits a lot more flush than with the 4x4 look lol. But the only problem is I want to go even lower now, just my personal preference, but the roads here in DFW are terrible so I doubt I'll do that lol.

Old 09-29-2010 | 04:16 AM
|
i live in cali. roads here are pretty much leveled where i live.
theres sum k-sport drop springs im looking at on ebay and they're for 350z and says 1.2drop all around. do u think i'll see a big diff in that? or should i go with sedan lowering springs if anything?

Old 09-29-2010 | 04:26 AM
1.2 on a z=2.2 on a g. With that drop you will need to get camber kit all the way around or buy tires very frequently.

Old 09-29-2010 | 04:28 AM
If I had the money at the time I would have bought coilovers. You can adjust the height to what you want. Then, if you are not happy and want to go lower, you can lower some more with no additional cost. If it is too low, and you have some adjustment left, you can raise it.

Old 09-29-2010 | 04:29 AM
Well pretty much any suspension setup that would fit the Z and coupe will more than likely fit the sedan also. I'm not that knowledgeable on those springs, but anything for a Z, roughly add an inch to that. Going that low and you'll need a camber kit.

Old 09-29-2010 | 04:31 AM
Originally Posted by 5150DS
If I had the money at the time I would have bought coilovers. You can adjust the height to what you want. Then, if you are not happy and want to go lower, you can lower some more with no additional cost. If it is too low, and you have some adjustment left, you can raise it.
+1, save up and get coilovers if you wanna go that low. Save yourself the trouble of buying multiple sets of springs lol.

Old 09-29-2010 | 04:49 AM
|
just a moderate drop fellas. not trying to look slam'd.
i mite go with sedan lowering springs. sum h-techs or s-tech tien's. unless u guys know of anything better?

Old 09-29-2010 | 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by DrewskiLe
^I got it off a member on my350z. It gave me a full one inch drop all around. It sits a lot more flush than with the 4x4 look lol. But the only problem is I want to go even lower now, just my personal preference, but the roads here in DFW are terrible so I doubt I'll do that lol.
This has been my experience. I have 2008 Z springs and Tokico D-Spec shocks on my sedan. The car is about 1" lower and looks and rides like it should have from the factory - it definitely doesn't look lowered.

Now my personal dilemma is that I do want to lower it more, but if I'm going to lower it to the point where I need camber correction kits (which aren't cheap) I might as well get coilovers and really lower it.

Old 09-29-2010 | 12:11 PM
springs

If you do a z/g combo post some pictures can't wait to see it

Old 09-29-2010 | 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by pinoy2o9
just a moderate drop fellas. not trying to look slam'd.
i mite go with sedan lowering springs. sum h-techs or s-tech tien's. unless u guys know of anything better?
Tein's are a good spring, it's prob what I'd get whenever I upgrade my springs. If you want the mild drop while retaining stock ride quality, get the H-techs, or a greater drop with better handling while sacrificing ride quality->the S-techs.

Originally Posted by madslackin
This has been my experience. I have 2008 Z springs and Tokico D-Spec shocks on my sedan. The car is about 1" lower and looks and rides like it should have from the factory - it definitely doesn't look lowered.

Now my personal dilemma is that I do want to lower it more, but if I'm going to lower it to the point where I need camber correction kits (which aren't cheap) I might as well get coilovers and really lower it.
I agree, our cars should've come like that from the factory, the stock 4x4 suspension looks so high you could go off-roading in it lol

And yeah, might as well get coilovers and get it over with and save the trouble of buying and installing multiple sets of springs to get your desired ride height. I'd save up for coilovers myself, but I wouldn't get out of my driveway after that. And I think when drop 2-2.5 or more inches is when you need to get a camber kit(correct me if I'm wrong), or else all the tires you'll buy will start to burn a hole in your pockets lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: new member! where can i get Z/G combo springs?