G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Nooooooooooooobbbbbb!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 05:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nooooooooooooobbbbbb!

Hey all! Im new to the site/forum and wanted to say wutup to everybody!

I recently purchased a 2004 with premium package..has 80k miles was garage kept and is platinum graphite..now its time to get her SPORTY!!!

Ill try to post some pics eventually in my profile for reference purposes but for now she's bone stock except for some AMS oil and a K&N drop in!

I am picking up a GT-Spec Rear Lower Tie Brace this thursday!!!

I've got plans and ideas for this pretty piece of Nissan engineering!

Im also looking for various parts for various upgrades all spawned from this website...so feel free to PM me with any offers or suggestions!

Thanks to all those that looked!

Old 12-11-2010, 05:07 PM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
Welcome to driver and congrats on the pickup.

What are your goals/plans with the car? If you are looking to reduce body roll and stiffen things up a bit I would definitely recommend sway bars first over the GT Spec lower tie braces, you'll notice much more of an improvement in handling.

Post some pics of your ride when you get a chance.

Old 12-11-2010, 05:45 PM
Hey Candlestick!! now thats something I can relate too! Been a giants FAN for over 20 years! Had me some cold nights @ the Stick!

Yeah in terms of goals Id like to get suspension figured out then move towards power gains..Ive got the Hotchkis bars in mind just cant afford em right now and found the tire brace for $80...Stillen strut tower for the MREV up ill be doing eventually..The tire brace was a find I couldn't refuse...I CAN run em both right?? Or am I sorely confused on that one..

I guess I should have mentioned it was a 5AT!

As far as exhaust/breathe Im trying to find the HR airbox/Z tube combo..Coupe midpipe/ HR Y-Pipe combo and of course the 5/16 MREV

For suspension I havent done much reading but Ive heard about the Z/G combo..seems cost effective..but then were talking about tires and rims and camber kits and spacers!..Too far away really..but I really like the 350Z rims that are 5 starred with like an offset on two of the bars..I think those in 18's would be dope!

Cosmetically I'd like to keep her clean...I debagged except for the mountain..I was thinking about taking the door trim/bumper off too..Id like clear corners..Its got the wing and looks great with it if you ask me...

Last edited by mstansbery; 12-11-2010 at 06:14 PM.
Old 12-11-2010, 05:50 PM
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Hey there Bud, welcome to the site.

Sounds like you are on the right track to me. Good luck and post pics. We still like to see pictures of stock cars.

Old 12-11-2010, 06:11 PM
Hey thanks Dineth00i30!!

This is the only pic I have of her....=( I need to find someone with a nice camera real soon!

Last edited by mstansbery; 12-11-2010 at 06:32 PM.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:40 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
^^^ is that color DG or BS?... If DG, I have color matched rocker panels (side skirts) and mud guards - will sell at good price if you are interested...

Old 12-11-2010, 06:42 PM
Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Hey man welcome and congrats on the purchase !

Old 12-11-2010, 06:48 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Thats DG>

Nice car, welcome!

Old 12-11-2010, 06:56 PM
ill Sedan

Originally Posted by mstansbery
Hey Candlestick!! now thats something I can relate too! Been a giants FAN for over 20 years! Had me some cold nights @ the Stick!

Yeah in terms of goals Id like to get suspension figured out then move towards power gains..Ive got the Hotchkis bars in mind just cant afford em right now and found the tire brace for $80...Stillen strut tower for the MREV up ill be doing eventually..The tire brace was a find I couldn't refuse...I CAN run em both right?? Or am I sorely confused on that one..

I guess I should have mentioned it was a 5AT!

As far as exhaust/breathe Im trying to find the HR airbox/Z tube combo..Coupe midpipe/ HR Y-Pipe combo and of course the 5/16 MREV

For suspension I havent done much reading but Ive heard about the Z/G combo..seems cost effective..but then were talking about tires and rims and camber kits and spacers!..Too far away really..but I really like the 350Z rims that are 5 starred with like an offset on two of the bars..I think those in 18's would be dope!

Cosmetically I'd like to keep her clean...I debagged except for the mountain..I was thinking about taking the door trim/bumper off too..Id like clear corners..Its got the wing and looks great with it if you ask me...
Haha, Giants FTW! I grew up a couple miles away from CandlestickPark, went to a ton of 49ers and Giants games growing up.

For sway bars there are a lot of options for you to consider, Stillen, Motordyne, Hotchkis, etc.

You can definitely run the lower tie brace and a Front Strut tower bar, the tie brace is installed under the car, the STB is installed in the engine bay. I would suggest saving your $80 for now and not getting the tie brace, you won't notice that much of a difference.

For the front STB I would suggest looking into the GT Spec bar too.

For your intake mods, you can't run an HR airbox, I think you mean the Revup Airbox. That is a good choice, the only aftermarket one I'd recommend in terms of performance would be the Stillen intake.

For the 5/16th "mrev", its actually a Motordyne Spacer. Motordyne also makes an MREV lower plenum for those with a revup motor (5AT doesn't have a revup motor).

Just an FYI, you won't be able to remove the trim on the door without welding the holes underneath and repainting all of your doors. Only a few Sedans have done this mod, but it looks really clean.

Old 12-11-2010, 07:07 PM
Oh damn there's holes for the door trim..lame! Yeah I haven't checked out the GTspec STB yet...Ill get on that! I DO know the stillen STB will fit WITH the plenum spacer...Im gonna grab the tie brace cause its a steal and I don't have to drive to get it!

Old 12-11-2010, 07:09 PM
@ OCG35:

Yeah its DG (graphite)...I think it already has what your talking about...can you send me some pics of what your referring to?? Thanks!

Old 12-11-2010, 07:10 PM
ill Sedan

There are also holes behind the Mt. Fuji emblem on trunk it you ever decide you want to take that off. Some of us have removed it and filled in the holes and repainted our trunks.

The GT Spec STB will clear the plenum spacer too.

I've got the front and rear GT Spec tie braces sitting in my truck right now, haven't had a chance to put them on my car yet.

Old 12-11-2010, 07:15 PM
Oh nice!! Yeah thats another reason why I bought the tie brace...gotta plan ahead right!??

Hey did you guys repaint the whole trunk??

Old 12-11-2010, 07:24 PM
Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts
Welcome, sounds like your off to a nice start.

Deff some awesome and helpful members here.

Enjoy your stay and Happy modding

Old 12-11-2010, 07:24 PM
OCG35: Yo got it...PM'd

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.