G35 in limp mode, but turning car off fixes it. HELP PLZ

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2024, 06:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
options: clapped
Question G35 in limp mode, but turning car off fixes it. HELP PLZ

backstory (lore)

I recently flew over 1,300 miles to pick up what i thought surely was a mint g35, so sadge. no pre inspection just flew out, bought it for 4.5, asking price was 6.5 because there were some slight issues with the app sensor, and we had to basically push it into midas parking lot in kyle texas, they told me they have no idea how the car drove on the highway for an hour since 2 bolts were broken on the valve cover and **apparently** the ecu was fried and a need a whole new wiring harness. now we couldn't drive it back so I had it shipped back to my homestate for $900. we helicoiled the valve covers, replaced the app with a $30 amazon knockoff app sensor, repaired the frayed wire also leading to further app problems. It fired up fantastically, drove it home the next day because it was in my buddies garage, but not before test driving it in the neighborhood to make sure its not gonna break down, and some lady flags us down from her porch and starts screaming about slowing down (she only saw me go 20mph i stg) and somehow the cops get called for "dragracing in the culdesac" like that even makes sense... so that was fun lol.

the problem

I proceeded to drive the car for around 2 weeks after all the repairs until at the gas station (I've been able to make this turn before) i come to an uphill stop because i have to take a right turn, blip the throttle to 2k rpm and ease off the clutch and I'm going I'm going, 2 seconds into accelerating in first gear, about to reach 2 or 3k rpm and my car goes into limp mode i put my hazards on, restart the car, and everything is completely fine, no waiting at all. so I drive it back to the gas station parking lot, do the hood pop visual inspection looks good, fire up the car thinking surely i wont have to have the car down for another couple months and that i can drive 40 minutes to work. and the same **** happens at the exact same spot. so now at this point I turn the car off, and it progressively takes longer for the slip and vdc lights to go off, i remember i started it and the problem was still there, so you do have to wait 30 seconds to a minutes for the problem to no screw up your next start. and i broke down at every ****in red light on the way home, it was tragic.

codes that i have:
p1212------------------------|these two are definitely related
p1001------------------------|
p1229 code putting my car in limp, fueling issue?
p0051 (o2 sensor i think, if not more playing with wires)

also, idk if this is just happen

if anyone is out there to point me in the right direction, please please do because a shop is gonna just quote me for a new engine, ecu, and wiring harness
or do you guys think a new engine wiring harness would solve everything, im also thinking about ordering the oem pedal assembly on z1, but i think the problem might go a bit (i think it may fix the issue but it only worked for one guy on yt)

Old 06-19-2024, 12:13 AM
Received 410 Likes on 368 Posts
U sure u dont mean U1001??

Check out this video:

The following users liked this post:
claus (06-19-2024)
Old 06-19-2024, 03:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
options: clapped
tested fuse and it was fine, still ordered one more, additionally there is a broken wire do you think that it even matters, only one copper strand is missing, the harness is sitting right on top of my timing chain

Old 06-19-2024, 10:51 PM
Received 410 Likes on 368 Posts
Nah that one broken strand isnt gonna make much difference. But definitely wrap that thing up with some electrical tape.

Old 07-12-2024, 08:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35 Base Sedan
Any update? It seems like your G35 might have issues with the throttle position sensor, wiring, or fuel system. Check connections and sensors thoroughly. If the problem persists, a new wiring harness could help. I had a tight deadline for my research paper and was in desperate need of assistance. Luckily, I found https://academized.com/write-my-paper The service exceeded my expectations with a well-structured, thoroughly researched paper delivered on time. The quality of writing was exceptional, and it was clear that the writer had expertise in the subject matter. This service is perfect for anyone needing reliable and professional help with their papers.

Last edited by RobertDunbar; 07-31-2024 at 01:06 AM.