G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

So, what a way to end 2010. Bunch of BS.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 09:26 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT

That is exactly what I am saying and thats what I told the dealer. Unfortunately, they don't believe me and says it has nothing to do with the recall. I don't even know how I'd go about investigating the problem. They say it has nothing to do with it, but it is an airbag system, and we HAD an airbag recall. There has to be some sort of connection.
s.
Yes and no. The only connection is that the recall was part of the airbag system.

The recall was to replace a harness under the passenger seat. Thats all. Just some wiring. Has nothing to do with the other critical components of the system.

bUT here's a stretch..maybe, possibly, something was shorted during the repair. I don't know how this would happen, because all you would be doing is unplugging a harness and plugging a new one in, but it's a stretch.

Old 12-21-2010, 09:57 PM
Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts
Sucks so much, this is why i am against bringing my car in for anything. I am scared that ones i will the car will just randomly start having problems.

Old 12-21-2010, 10:40 PM
Mr.202?

Received 205 Likes on 163 Posts
I am pretty sure corporate will help you out. Does Corporate know you guys owned 2 other infinitis before?

When I had an issues with a dealer, my dad wrote a letter, since he is an attorney and sent it from his office they worked pretty fast and got back to us in like 3 days after he put the letter in the mail, he also mentioned his prior cars he had leased from Infiniti and they promptly told the dealer to fix everything no questions asked.

Old 12-22-2010, 01:01 AM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Big difference here. I'm pretty sure Janik or anyone else in his family can't flex the attorney muscle to get what they want.

Old 12-22-2010, 01:04 AM
Ok, I can't resist. Janik, if you don't want to fork over the money to fix the problem (assuming the Infiniti doesn't help you out), what do you plan to replace the G with? A cheaper car?

Old 12-22-2010, 01:17 AM
Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts
^ A better one.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They reset the light, but said that it should end up coming back on. It was off on my drive home though.
They said the same thing after I forgot to reconnect the airbag sensor before reconnecting my battery. They tried to convince me that my airbags were done, even after I explained to them why the light was flashing

Good luck, BS like this is annoying.

Old 12-22-2010, 10:41 AM
At this point, all you can hope for is favoritism really. You just hope the dealer and infiniti corporate want to keep your future business vs making a few bucks off you.

Old 12-22-2010, 11:08 AM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveB
Ok, I can't resist. Janik, if you don't want to fork over the money to fix the problem (assuming the Infiniti doesn't help you out), what do you plan to replace the G with? A cheaper car?
No. Instead of dumping $1300 into the airbags in this car, I am just going to continue down the road I was originally going to go, and just trade it in. Put the money towards a new car instead of a control module.
Originally Posted by 03BaseSedan
They said the same thing after I forgot to reconnect the airbag sensor before reconnecting my battery. They tried to convince me that my airbags were done, even after I explained to them why the light was flashing

Good luck, BS like this is annoying.
Which is exactly why I'm not fixing it if they don't lol
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
At this point, all you can hope for is favoritism really. You just hope the dealer and infiniti corporate want to keep your future business vs making a few bucks off you.
My service manager made a few calls this morning and is waiting for a call back from his rep in Chicago. We will see what he says. We've known him long enough that he will probably go through that extra bit for us.

Old 12-22-2010, 11:14 AM
No. Instead of dumping $1300 into the airbags in this car, I am just going to continue down the road I was originally going to go, and just trade it in. Put the money towards a new car instead of a control module.

See how long the light stays off and if it looks like it will stay off for a while, trade it in and reset prior to trading.

Sneaky and wrong...I know.

Old 12-22-2010, 11:17 AM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Yea, it is shady as hell, and I HATE leaving my car vulnerable to someone else that may buy it, BUT that is what 30day warranties are for at dealerships/that is a problem that will come up when they take it in for a used vehicle inspection or whatever. Sketchy, I know. I will miss my car..

Old 12-22-2010, 12:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My dealer also tried to convince me my front brake pads were installed upside down This was after a $1000 service bill. They had the wheels off to check, and they couldn't just "fix" the issue? I checked them out, and they are installed correctly. You'd have to be special to install them "upside down".

They charged me 5 hours of labor for a job that took them 2.

Then they tried to tell me there was "moisture" around the oil pan seal. I was worried for a second, so I checked the seal about 5 times over the next month. Regardless of the conditions, it was bone dry. They also keep putting PCV replacement in the recommendations section. The part is about $20, and it literally takes 5 minutes to change. They charge $95 for the service... what a joke.

Servicing the car yourself is a lot more economical. It took me 30 minutes to change my rear diff. fluid, saved about $300.

My BCM did something weird about a year and a half ago. Summer of 09 I drove through a puddle and the speedo, then the tach, stopped working. The transmission started to shift hard/erratically b/c there was no signal coming from the tach/speedo (at least that's my guess). This condition lasted for a few hours and went away. It happened one other time during heavy heavy rain, but never came back The dash and center console lights would flash in erratic patterns, that one was a bit unnerving, and the car locked up in 5th on the highway (that was fun, should've just dynoed it, finally, a way to get full lock at low revs, lol). No matter what I did, it would not downshift if I left it in 5th in MM. It was pretty cool.

The car hasn't had any similar issues since that summer, and the dealership couldn't figure out the problem. I think something got wet, or a connection in the BCM wiring got corroded. At the end of the day, it doesn't do it anymore, and I don't care. I had the light behind the temp level gauge go out for a couple days in August, but then it came back on by itself. My BCM likes to **** with me. Good thing I still love the car

The point is, these cars do weird things, but it's not always a death scenario like the dealership would like one to believe. If you do not want to replace the whole module, just get them to turn off the light. There is a chance that it won't even come back on, and you'll be fine.

Outside of a cam positioning sensor and a broken CD player (common) my car has been DEAD reliable.

Last edited by MM_G3520; 12-22-2010 at 12:18 PM.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:24 PM
I'll never understand why people run for the hills when a pricey repair is needed for a car which is worth way more than the repair in question. Financially, it makes no sense to pay $10K+ for a new car when a repair might be $1,000-3,000. People don't sell their homes because they need to put a $7000 roof on it. I know it's a damn hard pill to swallow, but with a decently reliable car like the G, how often do you really have to spend this kind of money on a repair? There's good reason why Consumer Reports, JD Power, and others rank these cars so high in the dependability rankings.

Maybe I'm just jealous because I'm 36 and I see of all these kids (sub 24 y/o) owning newer and nicer cars than myself and moving on to even better cars

Old 12-22-2010, 12:37 PM
Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
maybe you are jealous, dave, what were you doing sub 24.

Old 12-22-2010, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by TurTLe*
maybe you are jealous, dave, what were you doing sub 24.
Totally OT
18 to 22 I was in college full-time and working about 24 hrs week during school and 40-50 hours during the summer. I know, cry for me I did own a 94 Z28 from 21 to 24, which was a pretty nice ride for the time, but I was paying for it myself like I did all my prior cars or other major purchases. It definitely wasn't a G35 in terms of quality or much anything else. I didn't have a hard upbringing in the least, but I have been working since I was 14, whether it be grocery stores, lawn care, swimming lessons, restaurants, or my current career. I understood that if I wanted something, I was going to have to buy it myself. What I've noticed is that most kids these days don't work at all; therefore, don't understand the value of a dollar nor do they respect what they have. They're always looking forward to the next thing. I blame the parents because they think kids these days can't manage good grades, extra circuluar activities, and part-time job. Interesting concept because all my friends and myself managed to do this just fine from 14 to career age. It's very hard to find college grads with good work ethics because they have zilch work experience.

A majority of kids these days seem to expect a $15K+ car for thier 1st car, a $60K/yr job out of school, and a newer 4 bedroom house as their "starter" home.

Kids, prepare to be disappointed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: So, what a way to end 2010. Bunch of BS.