G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

So, what a way to end 2010. Bunch of BS.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 02:25 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Originally Posted by 03BaseSedan
My dealer also tried to convince me my front brake pads were installed upside down This was after a $1000 service bill. They had the wheels off to check, and they couldn't just "fix" the issue? I checked them out, and they are installed correctly. You'd have to be special to install them "upside down".

They charged me 5 hours of labor for a job that took them 2.

Then they tried to tell me there was "moisture" around the oil pan seal. I was worried for a second, so I checked the seal about 5 times over the next month. Regardless of the conditions, it was bone dry. They also keep putting PCV replacement in the recommendations section. The part is about $20, and it literally takes 5 minutes to change. They charge $95 for the service... what a joke.

Servicing the car yourself is a lot more economical. It took me 30 minutes to change my rear diff. fluid, saved about $300.

My BCM did something weird about a year and a half ago. Summer of 09 I drove through a puddle and the speedo, then the tach, stopped working. The transmission started to shift hard/erratically b/c there was no signal coming from the tach/speedo (at least that's my guess). This condition lasted for a few hours and went away. It happened one other time during heavy heavy rain, but never came back The dash and center console lights would flash in erratic patterns, that one was a bit unnerving, and the car locked up in 5th on the highway (that was fun, should've just dynoed it, finally, a way to get full lock at low revs, lol). No matter what I did, it would not downshift if I left it in 5th in MM. It was pretty cool.

The car hasn't had any similar issues since that summer, and the dealership couldn't figure out the problem. I think something got wet, or a connection in the BCM wiring got corroded. At the end of the day, it doesn't do it anymore, and I don't care. I had the light behind the temp level gauge go out for a couple days in August, but then it came back on by itself. My BCM likes to **** with me. Good thing I still love the car

The point is, these cars do weird things, but it's not always a death scenario like the dealership would like one to believe. If you do not want to replace the whole module, just get them to turn off the light. There is a chance that it won't even come back on, and you'll be fine.

Outside of a cam positioning sensor and a broken CD player (common) my car has been DEAD reliable.
That sounds very sketchy, man. But it probably was just something getting wet, either way.
Originally Posted by DaveB
I'll never understand why people run for the hills when a pricey repair is needed for a car which is worth way more than the repair in question. Financially, it makes no sense to pay $10K+ for a new car when a repair might be $1,000-3,000. People don't sell their homes because they need to put a $7000 roof on it. I know it's a damn hard pill to swallow, but with a decently reliable car like the G, how often do you really have to spend this kind of money on a repair? There's good reason why Consumer Reports, JD Power, and others rank these cars so high in the dependability rankings.

Maybe I'm just jealous because I'm 36 and I see of all these kids (sub 24 y/o) owning newer and nicer cars than myself and moving on to even better cars
I am not running for the hills at a major repair. Iv been planning on selling my car since the fall and don't wan't to drop $1300 into a repair that might not even be there when i'm getting nearer and nearer to selling it. I do ALL the scheduled maintenance, and fix anything that breaks, but IMO this shouldn't have broken and I am not quite even sure it is broken, so why blow $1300 to fix it? Im not electrician so I'm not about to tear my car apart and DIY it. Thats recipe for disaster for me lol
Totally OT
18 to 22 I was in college full-time and working about 24 hrs week during school and 40-50 hours during the summer. I know, cry for me I did own a 94 Z28 from 21 to 24, which was a pretty nice ride for the time, but I was paying for it myself like I did all my prior cars or other major purchases. It definitely wasn't a G35 in terms of quality or much anything else. I didn't have a hard upbringing in the least, but I have been working since I was 14, whether it be grocery stores, lawn care, swimming lessons, restaurants, or my current career. I understood that if I wanted something, I was going to have to buy it myself. What I've noticed is that most kids these days don't work at all; therefore, don't understand the value of a dollar nor do they respect what they have. They're always looking forward to the next thing. I blame the parents because they think kids these days can't manage good grades, extra circuluar activities, and part-time job. Interesting concept because all my friends and myself managed to do this just fine from 14 to career age. It's very hard to find college grads with good work ethics because they have zilch work experience.

A majority of kids these days seem to expect a $15K+ car for thier 1st car, a $60K/yr job out of school, and a newer 4 bedroom house as their "starter" home.

Kids, prepare to be disappointed.
Nevermind. Going to be the adult here and not even bother going on and on about this topic which has been beaten to death. I'll just tell you this, I am NOT your typical silver spoon fed teenager, and mommy and daddy DON'T write all the checks. I work for what I have and am damn proud of it.

Back on topic, No news yet from my service manager.

Last edited by Wannabe6MT; 12-22-2010 at 02:43 PM.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:39 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
If it's what I think it is, you don't need any electrical knowledge. You just unplug a box and swap.

Id at least research where this module is, and how to access it. Someone here could give you a deal on one for $100 and problem solved. Could be an easy fix...could be tough.

Old 12-22-2010, 04:46 PM

A majority of kids these days seem to expect a $15K+ car for thier 1st car, a $60K/yr job out of school, and a newer 4 bedroom house as their "starter"home
When I was growing up, kids worked....but they bought WELL beyond their means. I had 18 year old friends working 40-50 hours a week just to pay two bills.....their cell phone and their $600-800 month BMW/Benz payment/insurance. I never understood why, but theynfelt it was critical to own a nicer car that they could reasonably afford at the time.

I bought my own car at age 16( my money, but parents had to buy due to not being 18), had my own insurance policy, paid my own insurance and gas and repairs. My parents never gave me a cent towards vehicle ownership. I actually still have that car today 14 years later

Old 12-22-2010, 09:13 PM
Mr.202?

Received 205 Likes on 163 Posts
Big difference here. I'm pretty sure Janik or anyone else in his family can't flex the attorney muscle to get what they want.
My issue with the dealer was pretty much, we paid for the certification process but they did not fix or replace parts as they were suppose to. After dealing with them and getting no where we sent the letter in to corporate and got everything taken care of.

Read this

Since Janik and his Family serviced their cars at this specific dealer, and did all their maintenance there. I think he should receive "special assistance". If the service manager is really on their side, then he should have no issue replacing the part on the house based on the family's Infiniti car history and the history with dealer.

Old 12-22-2010, 10:55 PM
Well then cross your fingers and hope they say "merry Christmas"

Old 12-22-2010, 11:22 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
Dude, sorry to hear about all the BS.
If I were in your shoes I would have started raising my voice enough that PLENTY of other costumers could hear me and said something to the extent of: "You mean a company that claims to hold the costumer in such high regard, is actually going to REFUSE to fix a potentially deadly problem just because the warranty expired only 10 days ago??!??!"

(Is that a jackass thing to do? Yes. Would I have done it? Quite likely )

They do have a little leeway, a friend had something replaced when he was out of warranty by a couple hundred miles.

Originally Posted by thescreensavers
My issue with the dealer was pretty much, we paid for the certification process but they did not fix or replace parts as they were suppose to. After dealing with them and getting no where we sent the letter in to corporate and got everything taken care of.

Read this

Since Janik and his Family serviced their cars at this specific dealer, and did all their maintenance there. I think he should receive "special assistance". If the service manager is really on their side, then he should have no issue replacing the part on the house based on the family's Infiniti car history and the history with dealer.
^Maybe they were scared of your family litigating... do they know you're Jewish? J/K, I couldn't resist

In all seriousness though, based off that, it does sound like Janik might actually stand a chance.

Janik, I would play the "costumer loyalty" card as much as possible. Let them know that you had fully intended to move to a newer G sedan, but that this incident is starting to make you question that decision.

Old 12-23-2010, 12:32 AM
-MN G Crew-

Oh trust me, the voices got raised and we told them that we want to stay loyal customers.

Just have to wait and see what happens.

Old 12-23-2010, 11:14 AM
-MN G Crew-

Just got off the phone with my service manager and they WILL be covering this repair. Taking it in next week. They just had to order the parts.

Old 12-23-2010, 11:47 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
congrats!

Old 12-23-2010, 11:53 AM
Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts
Awesome! Glad to hear everything worked out.

Old 12-23-2010, 11:56 AM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Just drive w/your seat belt on. I still question how much more safer an airbag is over just wearing your seat belt.

Old 12-23-2010, 01:15 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by teahead
Just drive w/your seat belt on. I still question how much more safer an airbag is over just wearing your seat belt.
Seat belts and stability control have been noted as the most significant safety advances in automotive techology. Studies have shown that stability control may be the most important safety device ever developed because it can:

1) Help you avoid the wreck
2) Help you regain control
3) Reduces roll-over potential

Old 12-23-2010, 01:15 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
Just got off the phone with my service manager and they WILL be covering this repair. Taking it in next week. They just had to order the parts.
Nice. Glad it worked out.

Old 12-23-2010, 05:10 PM
-MN G Crew-

Thanks, Dave. I think that this just shows how Infiniti really does care for their customers. I still have my faith in them!

Old 12-23-2010, 05:36 PM

Received 802 Likes on 678 Posts
G35 Sedan
orange chicken FTW

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: So, what a way to end 2010. Bunch of BS.