G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Airbag light flashing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 01:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Supposedly that is what Infiniti fixed on mine was the connector. To add to the problem, I told Infiniti that I would NOT pay for another airbag to be replaced. I picked up my car that evening, they had shut the light off. It's been almost 4 weeks now and it has NOT come back on once. Thus leading me to believe that the dealership really did screw up my car and fixed it now knowing I wasn't an idiot just willing to shuck out money over and over again when I went off on the dealership and the consumer affairs. I truely believe this dealer scammed me out of the first airbag that never needed replacing. The odd thing is that when I called in, the girl looked under my file and said I had never had the recall done. Then when I get there, the tech says, oh yeah, she misread the file. It was done. I think this "stealership" is nothing but a scam.

Old 04-11-2011, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Air Bag light

prettyprincessb

Well if you were to call Infiniti Consumer Affairs and give them your VIN number they can tell you all the work that has been performed on your car.
You can also see the same information on the computer at any Infiniti dealer and they can print out this information for you.
I have a good relationship with the service people at the Infiniti dealer where I purchased my G35 and I trust them.

Remaining calm and acting professional will get you farther than raising your voice. You can always ask to speak to the service manager to get a fuller explanation of the problem. I assume by your name that you are female and sometimes females can receive unsatisfactory treatment from automobile service people that are generally male.

You can always let Infiniti Customer Service know if that is an issue. My sister had that problem at an Acura dealer and.......well its a long story.

This flashing air bag warning light issue appears to be quite a common occurance. In my case the repeat problems over a 4 year period called for replacing the entire wiring harness according to the flow chart that the technicians use for troubleshooting after replacing the air bag module and sensor. The recall on the connector already had been completed on my vehicle.
So far I have not had a reoccurance.

Good luck

Telcoman

Old 04-11-2011, 06:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes should easily be able to tell if they've changed the airbag as they all have serial numbers.

Here's how you find the serial number.

We have this show in Australia, it's called Mythbusters. Not sure if you know it, it's a really good show, I think it's Canadian.
Well the premise of the show is to find out who is telling the truth or not - and then blow **** up. Like last week they had a show on these two lesbians, and it turned out one of them was pregnant and the Mythbusters dudes where challenged to find out who the father was...and then there was something in there about a midget who was very upset...something like that...I had a few...

You should call them up and tell them your situation. They have this rig where they can remotely control a car. So if they hook it up to your G, and then drive it at 100mph straight into a pole, then blammo! The airbag should come out and then you can easily check the serial number! Keep in mind that sometimes they drink too much as well, so they need to try it about 3,5 maybe 10 times to get the airbag to deploy properly, so I'm just warning you as it could turn out be quite a long day. Once it's successfully deployed, then it's the "Moment of truth" - and from that they then have this catchphrase, where it's either, MYTH-BUSTED or NEW AIRBAG CONFIRMED! Take that dealership!

Then they'll ask you if you would like to attempt to go for the big stakes in the final round. You may as well as it's entertaining television.
Actually now that I think of it, I think they had your exact same case a few years back with another G. Here's the video - http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/718461/