G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Advice For New Wheels/Suspension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2011 | 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by thn116
Did you get a camber kit for the front? If you don't mind me asking where did you get your coilovers from?
No camber kit for the front. I got my BC coils from a vendor on here, b2autodesigns. Shoot them a pm for pricing.

Old 08-06-2011 | 12:43 AM
|
Update

Ordered BC Racing coilovers and just installed them and also the wheels and tires today. The install took awhile since we kept running into problem with getting a few bolts out but they are in. I had to wrap it up before the toe bolts or camber kit or any adjustment could be done. I'll save that for tomorrow along with a rear fender roll.

Old 08-14-2011 | 04:57 AM
|
Hey MikeDG.....did you have any issues with your rear coilovers and springs? I seem to be maxed out with threads on them and can only get a finger gap between my tire and rear fender.

Old 08-14-2011 | 02:53 PM
|
Updated

The coilovers are in and the front is where I want them but the rear is a issue.

My question is.....

1. Is there any correction for the driver side rear that sits lower than the passenger side? I read that it is often lower than the passenger side rear. I've maxed out the driver side threads on the spring and and damper and its about a 1/4 inch lower compared from the passenger side.

2. When trying to raise the rear to a more comfortable height, the coilovers and springs seem be maxed out with the threads on them. I have a finger gap space between my tire and my rear fender. I'm running a 18x9.5 +20 with a 275/40/18 tire. I don't mind being low but I expected a little more clearance if I wanted to.

The 275 is temporary and will get replaced with a 245 soon.

Old 08-15-2011 | 11:36 AM
Hey MikeDG.....did you have any issues with your rear coilovers and springs? I seem to be maxed out with threads on them and can only get a finger gap between my tire and rear fender.
I have my rears set on the highest setting and I only have about a 1 finger gap as well. I might have a little too much preload on my springs, but I haven't gotten around to adjusting them again.

I should probally call BC to make sure I have the right springs, but I haven't done that yet either...

My driver's side does sit a little lower than the passenger side, which is pretty normal from what I've read.

Did those 275 tires clear the fenders with a roll? Any pics of the set-up?

Old 08-15-2011 | 02:10 PM
|
I e-mailed BC and they said to take some pictures so they can confirm what the problem is. I'll keep you posted.

When you are refering to the setting are you taking about the height or dampering?

Is there another set of springs availble for the rears?

The only pictures I have is on my phone. I could e-mail them to you if you want to see it right away. My friend has the rest on his dslr. They poke about maybe a half inch outside of the fender but with rear rolled and the damping set at 4 I haven't had any issues. If the spring settles then I'm going to have an issue.

Old 08-15-2011 | 02:44 PM
I e-mailed BC and they said to take some pictures so they can confirm what the problem is. I'll keep you posted.

When you are refering to the setting are you taking about the height or dampering?

Is there another set of springs availble for the rears?

The only pictures I have is on my phone. I could e-mail them to you if you want to see it right away. My friend has the rest on his dslr. They poke about maybe a half inch outside of the fender but with rear rolled and the damping set at 4 I haven't had any issues. If the spring settles then I'm going to have an issue.
I meant that my springs are set to what should be the max height (i.e. the collar is at the bottom of the spring perch with no threads left.)

My shocks in the rear are set on full stiff right now, but I plan on softening them up whenever I get around to installing my camber arms and toe bolts.

Last edited by MikeDG; 08-15-2011 at 02:58 PM.
Old 08-15-2011 | 03:15 PM
|
Yea my rear camber kit and toe bolts are also on my to do list too and get some new tires. I was thinking about getting some nitto geo gens.

Old 09-12-2011 | 05:31 PM
|
MikeDG do you remember what type of rear springs you got? Was it the 210MM 8k by any chance?

Old 09-12-2011 | 10:03 PM
^ I have the 8k and I believe they are 210mm. The number printed on my rear springs is: 62 97 210 008

Did u ever hear back from anyone at BC?

I've finally installed the spc toe bolts and Megan camber arms and re-adjusted the rear springs. I reduced the preload on the springs by lenghening the shock body by about 1/2 inch. It did hardly anything to the ride height. It raised it by half a finger.

Old 09-23-2011 | 09:50 AM
|
Yep its a 210mm 8K. That's the same one I got.

I exchanged a few e-mails with "sam" but he hasn't returned any of my calls. I called tech support and they said I would need a bigger spring to get the car any higher. The spring is loose with the car on the lift so I'd have to lower to car to put some load on it. How loose is your spring when the car is lifted up?

Yea according to the manual the damper adjustment is mostly going to affect the ride ie how bouncy it is. I've max out the damper before and it hasn't gotten me very much clearance.

In a quick update....I got the tires installed and they have alittle strech which helped a lot. All the wheels clear now but I didn't do the rear camber arms or toe bolts yet. But for now I'm happy since the car is driveable now. Now I just need to keep adjusting the coilover in terms of height and damper settings. I want an exhuast now too. Suggestions? I was thinking of the Greddy Evo 2.

Old 09-24-2011 | 10:40 AM
^ My rear springs aren't very loose when the car is lifted. I'm probally not going to worry about getting a taller spring yet and see how this winter goes with my current ride height.

I suggest installing the toe bolts and camber arms and getting an alignment as soon as possible, or you will eat those tires up pretty fast. I learned the hard way and after only 3 months of driving on them my tires were pretty badly feathered. I had my tires rotated so that I could even out the wear a little.

As for exhaust there are so many combinations and options out there it's really up you on what you think sounds/looks the best. There's a sticky with tons of video clips to help you decide.

Old 09-25-2011 | 01:58 AM
|
Can you move the spring at all when the car is lifted?

Old 09-26-2011 | 09:04 AM
Can you move the spring at all when the car is lifted?
It really doesent move much at all. Only when I push down on the spring with a decent amount of force will it move.

Old 09-26-2011 | 10:12 AM
I spoke to BC awhile ago about my rears and they said for more than that 1 finger gap in the rear us sedan guys need the 230mm rear springs...they're 100 dollars from BC...just wish they would have told me when I made my purchase and I would have gotten those instead of the 210mm they come with

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Advice For New Wheels/Suspension