G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Why did you buy a sedan over a coupe????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 12:15 PM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
This didn't start out as a Sedan vs. Coupe thread, it just morphed into one. Again.

Old 08-07-2011, 12:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To all who say another sedan vs coupe thread i wasnt aware this was a trending topic i enjoy starting to good convo on the forum the next topic will be better thanks!!!!!

Old 08-07-2011, 03:26 PM
Please join in on my new demographics thread!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-07-2011, 10:49 PM
i had my daughter on the way and my girl had civic coupe at the time ....also it was cheaper than a coupe

but i would prefer a coupe

Old 08-09-2011, 12:30 AM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by 05gmansedan
To all who say another sedan vs coupe thread i wasnt aware this was a trending topic i enjoy starting to good convo on the forum the next topic will be better thanks!!!!!
Your topic was fine. It didn't say "Why is the Sedan better than a Coupe?", it just asked "Why the Sedan?". There are valid reasons for getting a Sedan over a Coupe, and most of the posts reflect that. Empirically, I wanted AWD and 4 doors, emotionally, I think the Sedan is better looking.

Old 08-12-2011, 12:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had a coupe, no need for back seat. I now have a sedan cuz I now have a 8 moth old pitbull who demands his own door (unfortunately for him my gf got dibbs on front passenger door )

Old 08-12-2011, 03:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Only had 2 door 5-speeds in the last 8 years. Wanted auto 4 door so I can take ppl places and have a nice dd.

Old 08-12-2011, 07:05 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
I bought a sedan over a coupe simply for the purpose of arguing with coupe owners.

not really

Old 08-12-2011, 11:14 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Iv been interested in this topic for a while and looking to get some feedback on it. my reason is simple im not a coupe guy no offense but coupes are for chicks IMO And a sedan had enough room for me.

SO THE SIMPLE QUESTION IS WHY DID YOU BUY A SEDAN OVER A COUPE OR A COUPE OVER A SEDAN??? COUPE GUYS ARE WELCOME TO JOIN INTO THE CONVO

This was actually my dilemma when I first started searching for a 6MT back in 08. I used to think the sedans were hideous and almost pulled the trigger on an Athens Blue coupe! But then I started coming across pictures of sedans that made them look irresistible! I quickly realized it was the terrible photog skills of the delearships that were unflattering for the sedans because I fell in love with a photo that truly captured the sleek contours and styling. I was hooked after that. The icing on the cake was the fact that I can cross rotate the tires! True story!

Old 08-14-2011, 05:31 AM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by dofu
Because if I wanted a two door version of this car, I would have bought a Z.
No you wouldnt have... you would have bought teh coupe lol coming from someone who has owned a Z and G coupe, I can tell you that they both ride differently. yeah they have A LOT of the same parts and are extremely similar, i could whip my Z around corners rather effortlessly. even when i didnt want to whip it, it would find a way to whip itself sometimes lol and also, the G feels heavier, yeah its a couple years older than my Z was but it feels a lot slower. Even when i put 20's on my Z it didnt feel this slow :[ yeah, my Z was 6MT compared to the G's 5AT but I've driven my friends 6MT G coupe and I've test driven 5AT Z's and its the same problem but on the other side, the G's suspension is waaaaaaay better for daily driving. My Z's was to stiff for my taste. but thats just my 2 cents...

as for the original question asked... I bought a G coupe cuz my buddy was selling it cheap. he had the radio/ac problem, the door lock actuator problem, the gas guage problem, an HID ballast was out(super confused as he kept changing bulbs lol) and a few other relatively easy fixes that just ended up driving him crazy. I told him just to google these things but he was just to lazy to do it. hes the typa guy who goes to the dealership for everything, cuz they are the "professionals" lol. needless to say, he was pissed when i came back a couple weeks w/ those problems fixed :P now i just gotta replace my cam position sensors and im set

Old 08-14-2011, 07:39 AM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Trickstyle

as for the original question asked... I bought a G coupe cuz
That wasn't original question

Old 08-14-2011, 07:49 AM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
1 folding table, 3 folding chairs, 1 full sized ice chest/cooler, 1 dufflebag, 14"x12" box of detail supplies, shoebox full of quick detail stuff, 2.5' trq wrench, 2 passengers - all to Autocross event to perform as well or better than comparably modded coupes - then back home comfortably.

Can't do that in a coupe -

Old 08-14-2011, 08:53 AM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
That wasn't original question
Not to nit-pick... but actually it was:

...OR A COUPE OVER A SEDAN??? COUPE GUYS ARE WELCOME TO JOIN INTO THE CONVO

Old 08-14-2011, 09:14 AM
Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Second time a retard talks about people not reading the OP when he didn't read it himself.

Old 08-14-2011, 09:40 AM
Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Trickstyle
No you wouldnt have... you would have bought teh coupe lol coming from someone who has owned a Z and G coupe, I can tell you that they both ride differently. yeah they have A LOT of the same parts and are extremely similar, i could whip my Z around corners rather effortlessly. even when i didnt want to whip it, it would find a way to whip itself sometimes lol and also, the G feels heavier, yeah its a couple years older than my Z was but it feels a lot slower. Even when i put 20's on my Z it didnt feel this slow :[ yeah, my Z was 6MT compared to the G's 5AT but I've driven my friends 6MT G coupe and I've test driven 5AT Z's and its the same problem but on the other side, the G's suspension is waaaaaaay better for daily driving. My Z's was to stiff for my taste. but thats just my 2 cents...

as for the original question asked... I bought a G coupe cuz my buddy was selling it cheap. he had the radio/ac problem, the door lock actuator problem, the gas guage problem, an HID ballast was out(super confused as he kept changing bulbs lol) and a few other relatively easy fixes that just ended up driving him crazy. I told him just to google these things but he was just to lazy to do it. hes the typa guy who goes to the dealership for everything, cuz they are the "professionals" lol. needless to say, he was pissed when i came back a couple weeks w/ those problems fixed :P now i just gotta replace my cam position sensors and im set
My gf has an 06 350Z that I drive from time to time. It's funny because I tease her about it now because my car is more sporty than hers (mine handles better, is faster, sounds more aggressive, etc.)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why did you buy a sedan over a coupe????