G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Why did you buy a sedan over a coupe????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 01:11 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by NFSP G35
Not to nit-pick... but actually it was:
Thread Topic (subject line):'Why did you buy a sedan over a coupe????'‏ but yes, the body of the post does mention coupe over sedan - better suited for the G-Sport section I suppose...

Originally Posted by Mark2K8
Second time a retard talks about people not reading the OP when he didn't read it himself.
not sure who you are or what constitutes you calling people "retard", but I suspect you're not the sharpest knife in the drawer... what other time are your referencing "people not reading the OP"... BTW, I didn't say he didn't read the OP - I said it's "not the question" - and if you read the "Thread Topic", it's not.

But feel free to continue with your adolescent comments

Old 08-14-2011, 01:13 PM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
meh... i wouldnt say the G sportier, i see the G as sport-luxury, and the Z as pure sport. I see a sports car as track car downgraded for daily driving, and luxury as a car that has a smooth ride at the expense of performance. now considering they both come with pretty much the same "luxury" features if you want(power heated seats, navi, leather seats, ect.), i still put the Z in the "sports car" bracket cuz its a stiffer ride, its soooo easy to break the wheels loose, and the Z is faster(granted your comparing similar years/engines). the G is still in the "sport-luxury" because it doesn't have as much horsepower, its slower, its longer but its a smoother ride and it has a sunroof(and yes, i will agree that it sounds more agressive!!). Nissan made the G35 to compete with BMW's 300 series, and the 2003 model would have had the highest sales in its class for the year if Nissan would have advertised more, but it came in second only to the 330. Thats just my 2 cents, for the second time

Old 08-14-2011, 01:29 PM
Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
Thread Topic (subject line):'Why did you buy a sedan over a coupe????'‏ but yes, the body of the post does mention coupe over sedan - better suited for the G-Sport section I suppose...

not sure who you are or what constitutes you calling people "retard", but I suspect you're not the sharpest knife in the drawer... what other time are your referencing "people not reading the OP"... BTW, I didn't say he didn't read the OP - I said it's "not the question" - and if you read the "Thread Topic", it's not.

But feel free to continue with your adolescent comments

DOMO

Old 08-14-2011, 01:53 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Trickstyle
meh... i wouldnt say the G sportier, i see the G as sport-luxury, and the Z as pure sport. I see a sports car as track car downgraded for daily driving, and luxury as a car that has a smooth ride at the expense of performance. now considering they both come with pretty much the same "luxury" features if you want(power heated seats, navi, leather seats, ect.), i still put the Z in the "sports car" bracket cuz its a stiffer ride, its soooo easy to break the wheels loose, and the Z is faster(granted your comparing similar years/engines). the G is still in the "sport-luxury" because it doesn't have as much horsepower, its slower, its longer but its a smoother ride and it has a sunroof(and yes, i will agree that it sounds more agressive!!). Nissan made the G35 to compete with BMW's 300 series, and the 2003 model would have had the highest sales in its class for the year if Nissan would have advertised more, but it came in second only to the 330. Thats just my 2 cents, for the second time
without a doubt, if 4 doors aren't needed, the Z is a much better choice for "sport/fun to drive"...

I had targeted the Z in 04 as a fun car suitable for daily driving (it's the most fun car I've driven) - but I ended up having business needs that required the four door.

I never considered the G coupe, IMO it's a middle-ground between Z and sedan that's just not needed (for me)... it's doesn't offer anything I couldn't be satisfied with in a Z (and cant compete with performance) and doesn't offer anything that I couldn't be satisfied with in the sedan (and cant compete with room/passenger needs)...

Old 08-20-2011, 03:31 PM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I went with a sedan because it offered AWD, and I have a baby/carseat in the back.

Old 08-22-2011, 08:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought the sedan because it was a better buy and fit for me. like socialconflicts said, my insurance was cheaper, the car was cheaper, and IMO the sedan carries that BOSS look that the coupe cant seem to carry. I also came off a 96 civic coupe that i had for 5 years and treated it like a two seater because it was fully custom.( pictures in my garage) i was ready to have a roomy, boss lookin car and wanted to be able to put more then two people in it lol

Old 08-22-2011, 06:35 PM
Why am I driving a sedan?

Well, when I went looking for an MT6 this is what the dealers within a sensible range were offereing.

G35 C - One available, '03 90k kms, lots of boy-racer "bling", Kiwi $23K

G35 S - A few available, pick of the bunch imo '06 90k kms, completely unmolested, Kiwi $21K

Which one would you have chosen?

Old 08-22-2011, 07:57 PM
LOVE MY SEDAN! I've had four coupes before this car and it's hateful to ask people to ride in the back seat

Old 08-24-2011, 04:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All mentioned reasons above sound about right.

Other bullet points to add:

*I think the sedans sound better with an exhaust, personal pref.
*Nobody expects the sedan. This works two ways; when I put down your Coupe with my 4 door, its hurts more. Cops dismiss the Sedan.
*Somebody most likely mentioned it, but the Sedan is lighter.
*Everyone has a 2 door sports car. 4DSC for the win.

Old 08-24-2011, 05:08 PM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by NotsafeG35
All mentioned reasons above sound about right.

Other bullet points to add:

*I think the sedans sound better with an exhaust, personal pref.
*Nobody expects the sedan. This works two ways; when I put down your Coupe with my 4 door, its hurts more. Cops dismiss the Sedan.
*Somebody most likely mentioned it, but the Sedan is lighter.
*Everyone has a 2 door sports car. 4DSC for the win.
haha nvr thought of tht...

Old 08-24-2011, 05:23 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by keithk831
I went with a sedan because it offered AWD, and I have a baby/carseat in the back.
+1. Same as me. I also kinda like how the sedan looks better than the coupe.