G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Why did you buy a sedan over a coupe????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 12:20 AM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
G Coupe mean looking? No lol. Very feminine.

I detailed an 08 G37 Coupe today and ended up driving it 20 miles to a local meet thats hosted to give it back to the owner.

I hated it. I couldn't drive the car. I felt like a damn kid in that car. 2 doors, no space, blind spots up the wazoo, screw that ****. Felt great to be back in my car. I'll give it a couple things though, exhaust sounded great, seats were nice and the steering felt really nice. But all the rest of that meant little to me because the car legitimately drove me nuts. I don't do coupes man. Can't rock it at all.

Old 08-02-2011, 07:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
got a sedan b/c I've got 2 kids. somewhat agree with coupes being for chics, but I think that the G is the exception - haven't noticed too many chics driving G coupes.

if I was single, I would certainly be driving a coupe - no need for all of that extra room (and certainly don't want to be the designated driver all the time with a sedan).

Old 08-02-2011, 11:24 AM
Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Gotta agree that the G37 coupe is a step back from the G35 coupe. I think the G37 sedan looks sweet bone stock. I don't know what Nissan was thinking when they designed the coupe this time around...

But anyways, I still would have a hard time getting the G35 coupe over sedan when it's supposed to be the more sporty version, yet weighs more and is less aerodynamic. Not sure what they were thinking on that one either

Old 08-02-2011, 11:30 AM
Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
I got my 04.5 G35x just because I wanted a car that could "get on it" when needed, was fun to drive.. handled nicely... but yet had room for stuff/passengers for road trips... then we had a baby...

I LIKE the coupe.. have owned various marques of sports cars over the years.. used to restore Alfa Romeo's back in the day... I MISS power shifting a fully synchro-meshed 6 speed gear box.. but i was ready for a cruiser.. hell, if I had the $$$, I would have a SWEETLY "pimped out with all the stuff" Infiniti M37.. but it's hard to justify 45-50K with the wife.. but i would be HAPPY!!

Old 08-02-2011, 02:01 PM
I owned a 91 300ZX 2+2 for 5 years and trying to get people in and out of the bucket seats is not fun at all especially when you have a mt, trying to shift while you are pushed all the way to the dash as close as your legs allow the seat cause the person behind you needs leg room...yeah didnt work out for me anymore

Old 08-02-2011, 02:47 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
I'm surprised so many are making the hauling friends argument when most people drive themselves everywhere and just meet up. I rarely have friends riding with me. Even then, a G coupe will easily fit people 5' 10" or shorter in the back with ease and without cramming your driving position. The coupe afterall, has the same exact wheelbase as the sedan.

Old 08-02-2011, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by DaveB
I'm surprised so many are making the hauling friends argument when most people drive themselves everywhere and just meet up. I rarely have friends riding with me. Even then, a G coupe will easily fit people 5' 10" or shorter in the back with ease and without cramming your driving position. The coupe afterall, has the same exact wheelbase as the sedan.
For me it wasnt friends. See, I have a 5 year old brother and I had to drive him around in a car seat 4-5 years ago with my moms in the car as well...my dad works in the am and I used to work swing shift...so I did all their driving to appointments and stuff...as for friends...now my bro is in a booster seat...needed more room for that...as for friends...we always meet up

Old 08-02-2011, 03:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't like the coupe for one! two i have a kid and no one in Arizona Drifts a sedan so that's why and the new g sedan looks sick!

Old 08-02-2011, 10:55 PM
-MN G Crew-

Dave, I couldn't have moved to school if I had a coupe..

Old 08-02-2011, 11:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My college car was a 1977 Olds Vista Cruiser station wagon. Strapped a foot locker to the roof with ratchet straps and filled the back with everything else. (fridge, TV, microwave, clothes). G35 would be a huge upgrade in style (but still has nothing on the space of an ancient land yacht!)

Old 08-03-2011, 01:55 AM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
You could've if you didn't insist on taking that bear pelt with you.

Old 08-03-2011, 02:03 AM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT

Should have left your stuffed animals at home

Back in the day when I moved to and from college, I just used my parents minivan/tahoe or friend's trucks because I had a CRX and then a Z28. I never did the dorm life which means I was moving couches, beds, etc. No car would be cutting it.

Yes, I know the G's trunk is good size and I've managed to haul quite a bit in it. Now that I also have a Subaru wagon in the stable, I have no need for the big trunk plus the rear seats in the coupe fold down, expanding capacity....at least for length if needed.

My rationale is completely jacked up though. Here I'm arguing for a coupe which has much less cargo capacity, yet I'm eyeing 11' WRX 5 doors because I'm thinking about getting back into a hatchback because I like the utility. My mind is strange.

Old 08-03-2011, 02:31 AM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Nice.

My rationale is completely jacked up though. Here I'm arguing for a coupe which has much less cargo capacity, yet I'm eyeing 11' WRX 5 doors because I'm thinking about getting back into a hatchback because I like the utility. My mind is strange.
No, that's normal. I love a 4 door sedan, but buying a house and taking on several remodeling projects made me realize that my car is still very fun to drive, but is pretty useless when going to buy lumber, tile, backerboard, whatever. Although reviews complain about their lack of interior volume relative to the competition, I've been thinking about getting a Murano or FX35/45. I'd just hate to give up the performance.

Old 08-03-2011, 06:57 AM
Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
I have the G35x.. got the wife a Mazda CX-9.. seats 7, LOTS of room for "stuff"... the 3.8 V-6 in it holds it's own.. for SURE.. very quiet, smooth rude... good chice for the family ride.. it hauled all the bags of dirt, mulch and whatever the landscaping needs were this season.. then i treated her to a full detail to get it back to pristine condition..

Old 08-03-2011, 10:51 AM
-MN G Crew-

Back in the day when I moved to and from college, I just used my parents minivan/tahoe or friend's trucks because I had a CRX and then a Z28. I never did the dorm life which means I was moving couches, beds, etc. No car would be cutting it.

Yes, I know the G's trunk is good size and I've managed to haul quite a bit in it. Now that I also have a Subaru wagon in the stable, I have no need for the big trunk plus the rear seats in the coupe fold down, expanding capacity....at least for length if needed.

Yea, your a strange one, Dave. My parents never help me move into college so I am kinda SOL. Without my G sedan, i'd be effed.
Originally Posted by BuckeyeInMI
Nice.

No, that's normal. I love a 4 door sedan, but buying a house and taking on several remodeling projects made me realize that my car is still very fun to drive, but is pretty useless when going to buy lumber, tile, backerboard, whatever. Although reviews complain about their lack of interior volume relative to the competition, I've been thinking about getting a Murano or FX35/45. I'd just hate to give up the performance.
Originally Posted by RicoG35x
I have the G35x.. got the wife a Mazda CX-9.. seats 7, LOTS of room for "stuff"... the 3.8 V-6 in it holds it's own.. for SURE.. very quiet, smooth rude... good chice for the family ride.. it hauled all the bags of dirt, mulch and whatever the landscaping needs were this season.. then i treated her to a full detail to get it back to pristine condition..
Psh, SUVs/Crossovers.... this is why we have a pickup. Rationale behind a truck is once you own one, you don't wanna live without it. They are so damn useful for everything...

However, some times G would get jealous and pretend that she was a pickup...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why did you buy a sedan over a coupe????