G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Headlight & Taillight tint

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 03:27 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by Larzo
Look at yourself... who cares how i type even a super smart person like urself can understand so that doesnt matter nice burn btw... and highschool punk... i had a feeling you would say something like that thinkin cuz i voice myself that im a little kid...

all im sayin dude is quit being a douche and when someone makes a commnet about something you dont like or agree with thats fine that is the real reason why this all takes place... not for you to say my car and ideas are better... thats exactly what you do... everyone reads these but your attitude is the reason no one posts...

ur sh*t stinks bro i promise... btw good job on thinking about what your gonna say for a week... ur on the snap when u dont like something or u feel like you can belittle someone...

u have a nice car dude you seems to know alot but rrealize everyone doesnt know as much and respect others...

btw im23 have a 10 month daughter a beautiful wife a townhouse and i pay for my own sh*t and in college getting my paramedic degree... so im not who u think i am...
**** like this is difficult to read, break up your paragraphs a little because all it does it tell everyone that you are in fact rattled by an internet argument and you sound like you're failing grade 9 English.

I haven't been on driver all weekend, my apologies for not insulting you earlier.

Everyone does post, you're acting like this forum is dead. The OP got his answers and this thread was successful, so it has not hindered any posts or put anyone down in the manner of which they will not return to the website for more information.

I didn't disagree with anything, I pointed out very simple facts and then I backed them up. Then I voiced an opinion as too why it is dangerous to have completely blacked out lights. Then I stated they look terrible either way. That's my opinion and I can voice it as many times as I want and it doesn't make me a "dbag"

I am ALWAYS first to the help a newb, the newb is non existent in this thread as my conversations were with those who are part of this forum frequently. Therefore, your points are not valid as I'm the opposite of what you are accusing me of.

By the way, I'm 20, doesn't mean I need to present myself like I'm illiterate. I'm sure you're a smart kid, so act like it. When you bring and argument to the table and have an issue with something voice your opinion like an adult and the argument can be carried on in a civil manner. Just because it's the internet doesn't mean I need to dumb myself down to try and understand your internet jibberish.

Old 08-22-2011, 03:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Didnt u understand what i meant? Im pretty sure u did... and if u had to dumb ur self down im sorry i didny kno what i was talking a genius... i wasnt previously informed ... ur still a douche...and u acting like a harvard scholar... doesnt make u any cooler...

Old 08-22-2011, 03:47 PM
I'm acting like someone who passed my English classes the way you're supposed to.

You're acting like a naive child that won't learn how to spell and punctuate because he's too ignorant and just wants to call people names. I feel sorry for your daughters education, please don't home school her.

Good conversation, I feel we've really bonded.

Old 08-22-2011, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by Canadiotica
I was just looking for different opinions on overlays and tint. After seeing pictures and opinions I think I will get into painting my headlight housing. Just gotta get up the courage and time to pull em apart.
If you have any questions about it send me a message. I've done 50+ sets of lights.

Old 08-22-2011, 03:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Give ur car back to the people who bought it( your parentzzzz) then when you move out of there house and get a life... i feel for my daughter cuz there are rich turds out there like u who are lazy dont work and get whatever they want with out morals in life besides living off of mommy and daddys budget... and i deal with people like u everyday... and its kills society... again... your no one Kid... just remember that

Old 08-22-2011, 04:08 PM
You act as if you know things.... if you had any idea what I do for a living and have been doing for a living for the last 6 years then you'd quit school to become a roadside nurse and try and be my buddy.

See, now you look stupid. Come do my job for 60 hours a week like I do and then come talk like you've accomplished something by buying an 8 year old $10,000 car....

Old 08-23-2011, 08:50 PM
Received 98 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DGS

Jorge, I remember your thread from time ago when you first did the VHT and it was flat and terrible. What did you do differently after that? I've seen VHT used time and time again and it always dries flat no matter how it's applied.
the first time i used vht niteshade i scuffed/sanded the tails prior to tinting them and they came out dull, i applied clear to try to fix it and made it worse so i just put a film of lamin x to make them look presentable again, that was on my oem 03-05 tails. The 05-06 tails i bought my neighbor said he could tint them with niteshade and make them look profesional and i was very skeptical.. the difference is that he didn't sand them down prior to tinting them, he just cleaned them with alcohol, they're not flat or dull at all, you can see reflections perfectly. The only thing different between how they look now than if i used reduced obsidian black paint is that they're not pitch black like the paint of the car but they're still dark enough. Everyone sands down the lights prior to paint and that's what makes the paintjob sh1tty with niteshades

Old 08-23-2011, 08:57 PM
Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by BlkSedan4me
the first time i used vht niteshade i scuffed/sanded the tails prior to tinting them and they came out dull, i applied clear to try to fix it and made it worse so i just put a film of lamin x to make them look presentable again, that was on my oem 03-05 tails. The 05-06 tails i bought my neighbor said he could tint them with niteshade and make them look profesional and i was very skeptical.. the difference is that he didn't sand them down prior to tinting them, he just cleaned them with alcohol, they're not flat or dull at all, you can see reflections perfectly. The only thing different between how they look now than if i used reduced obsidian black paint is that they're not pitch black like the paint of the car but they're still dark enough. Everyone sands down the lights prior to paint and that's what makes the paintjob sh1tty with niteshades
I think I remember you saying that you didn't sand them down before spraying them... Well, I went ahead and sanded them before-hand anyways just because that's what you're "supposed" to do normally before you paint something to help it stick better. Maybe you don't need to with Nightshades, but I did for peace of mind.

And they're just as shiny as could be. The key is doing a good wetsand job after you clear them

Old 08-24-2011, 12:38 PM
He's saying his buddy didn't wet sand them or polish them....

Old 08-24-2011, 03:39 PM
Received 98 Likes on 82 Posts
^ yea he didn't, he just cleaned them and sprayed them and they came out glossy with no fisheye or anything. My oem set of tails came out like crap, the only difference was that they were sanded before painting