G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

what's the best looking AT shift knob?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 03:44 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 458 Likes on 237 Posts
I have known you personally for about 5 years and I DEFINITELY know your character.

Remember when I drove an hour to your house on a Saturday, taking time away from my family, to help you do a wire tuck on your car?

That took a whole day and I did it for free because you were my friend. I normally charge $600 for that but I didnt mind because we took care of each other.

Remember when you came to visit me at my work a few times?

Remember always chatting at meets?

Remember when you came to my house so I could install stuff on your car?

How can you say I dont know you?

Old 12-02-2011, 03:47 AM
Really Needs a Life
Received 177 Likes on 136 Posts
sean.. you have not KNOWN me personally. G35 meets and random texts to help you out is not considered KNOWING ANYONE PERSONAL by any means.

yes i remember that *was not 600$ work, considering it all had to be redone*
I went to your work ONCE to give ON my headlights to paint black
We chatted at the 1st few meets and i couldnt come around much after that due to school
Only time you installed something on my car was a grounding kit years back when i purchased my g in 06.

im not sure how you can say that, because i certainly dont consider you somebody i know/want to know.

If you have any further bickering or wanna chat up a timeline PM me. Thanks.

Old 12-02-2011, 06:16 AM
Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts
both look neat, i can get one from KJ for cheaper.
you have listed msrp.. so thats the price when they arent on special? just wondering. or are they always going to be the current listing price? how do yours differ from KJ.. quality? anything i missed? lol.

Old 12-02-2011, 07:12 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by Dustin@StrafeAutomotive
check out our array of shift *****

http://strafeautomotive.com/home.php?cat=641
Showing a product that isn't yours in your advertising is at the very least misleading and wrong and IMHO super shady. Why not just show what you've got instead of making people think they're getting something they're not? If I had no clue what a KJ shift **** was and ordered from your site, I would be pissed when the **** arrived and it looked nothing like the picture. You talk about people not "getting it", but I think I do. Your ***** aren't nearly as appealing as the KJ ***** so you post a picture of the "cool" one to boost sales. If that's not the reason, then why even use the KJ pictures, to show a "style"? Give me a break Law, that's seriously one of the dumbest things you have ever said on here and that's saying a lot.

Originally Posted by bigc
well that's odd. i never would expect the strafe guys to play games like this...
I'm not surprised and neither are a lot of members here.

Originally Posted by CandlestickPark
Yeah not anymore, but this was taken from Strafe's website just a few hours ago.

You still have pics of KJ ***** up on your site though when that isn't the product you are selling. Just sayin, its kinda confusing.

One example:

Photo on your site - http://strafeautomotive.com/product....cat=641&page=1

same as pic posted here:

https://g35driver.com/forums/5852654-post353.html

Originally Posted by Dustin@StrafeAutomotive
i dont advertise that they are even kj. Sooo dunno why you keep bringing that up...

i would hate for someone to read your posts and get mislead to think otherwise marcus.
Originally Posted by CandlestickPark
...the descirption still says: "These unique shift *****, designed by Killjulez, operate similar to the RAZO design." Most of the pics are of the real KJ ****.

Which is it, are they the KJ **** or a KJ style ****. Just trying to understand, its a bit confusing.
Another example of Strafe's ability to twist words and play the innocent victim which they do all too often. Dustin/Law you know what impression your original ad gave people, that's why you mentioned KJs name in the ad. It lends credibility to a product that he has nothing to do with. You obviously thought it was a good idea at first or the affiliation would have never been made and the fact you changed the description cements in my mind the belief you knew that wasn't cool at first but you did it anyway. And then to pull a smartazz comment about Marcus misleading people, well thanks for the morning lulz.

I have respectfully tried to stay out of these types of threads for a while, but they keep on popping up and with this thread and the "What tanks look best" thread I just couldn't. Law you say Sean doesn't know you personally, but I will disagree to some extent. I can get a feel for someone and their morals and values by what they post online and how they conduct themselves. Does this constitute knowing someone personally, in a small way yes it does. You guys have so many negative threads popping up about inferior products and poor customer service that even n00bs are staying away from your business. Do we ever hear someone bashing Tony at Motordyne, Charles/Adrian at b2autodesigns, or Galliano at Marinelli Motorsports? Never is the correct answer because they know how to run a business the right way. So why do you guys generate so many complaints? Because of the things you do and the way you conduct yourself online which I feel comfortable assuming is how you conduct yourself away from the forums. Strafe's tactics have been discussed over and over on Driver and aren't even up for debate although I know you will try.

So let this be just another lesson to all Driver members of the "buyer beware" philosophy. I prefer to give my business to vendors that I trust and know will have my back, and I'm sorry but Strafe isn't one of those not that you care.

Oh and I forgot one more thing, IBTL.

The following 6 users liked this post by Blue Dream:
bigc (12-02-2011), G35Papa (12-06-2011), jarvo (12-02-2011), Killjulez (12-02-2011), lsmooth81 (12-03-2011), unvmyg (12-10-2011) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-02-2011, 08:00 AM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Well that hint of respect I had gained for strafe a little while ago has definitely simmered down and disappeared.

Marcus can't say this and neither can I technically, but I suppose if I put a gif or a smiley face beside an insult or shot at someone it will be ok?

ban or no ban on this one, this needs to be said.

You 100% stole their images of THEIR product. You are the epitome of a rip off right now, you're basically varrstoen, selling their wheels while using volks promo photos. The amounts of PMs a day I get from people saying they don't want to deal with you or they've been treated like crap by you is staggering. What's even worse is sometimes I actually back you guys up and say you're decent because you have been alright in the last little while, but this is just stupid. Show some respect, it's quite clear you don't give a **** about the guys that have brought the G35 to the level of recognition it's at because you blatantly rip them off and continue to talk trash years after your whole ordeal went down. You're in this for pure money and don't give **** about the car scene anymore. Which all in all, why should the car scene give a **** about you, your company or the Barneymobile?

Just kidding of course

Not at all.

Last edited by CandlestickPark; 12-02-2011 at 09:52 AM.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:21 AM
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
This is messed up. Seriously Dustin, take MY pictures off your website. Why don't you just post pictures of YOUR product? You are causing drama for NO reason. I guess we will have to see what happens when someone trys to purchase one of your alleged *****.

Old 12-02-2011, 11:35 AM
Received 162 Likes on 132 Posts
Dustin, or whatever your name is, your rep is going down the toilet with threads like this. If I were you I would want this thread to end asap. As long as this thread is open it gets bumped to the top and new persons with G35's will see it. Change the pictures and people stop posting on here. I just looked at your site and the same pictures as the ones the other guy are saying are his are still up. Save whatever credibility you still have with the community and take them down so you can still make a dollar on this site.

Edit: For the record, I don't know any of you other than from posts on the forum. I am just stating what appears to be the right thing to do and trying to help you save face.

Once this is resolved I hope the mods close it. Closing it before would just lead to a similar thread being created with more drama.

Last edited by 5150DS; 12-02-2011 at 11:43 AM.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:55 PM
Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by bigc
yeah, i was hoping to see Jesse too, but he wasn't around. Pollo seems to be doing well though
Am I chopped liver?

Old 12-02-2011, 12:57 PM
Wings Nation

Received 626 Likes on 456 Posts
^ Hey, I expected to see you there, but Pollo said you were slacking off lately so he had to let you go!

Old 12-02-2011, 12:58 PM
JBF
Received 686 Likes on 365 Posts
Originally Posted by MEXTEP
Am I chopped liver?

yea. y u no send me nekked pics no more?

Old 12-02-2011, 01:03 PM
Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts
Having no affiliation with any of these people in this thread, I would agree with the majority. If I were purchasing something, I would want the picture of the product to be the actual product I am ordering. Just seems like a shady way to do business in my opinion.

Old 12-02-2011, 01:56 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Damn, someone helps another out for free and spends a whole day with em, and that person never really wanted to know them? Shady character. Talk about used. Now I where not to get my products. Employess represent companies. Shady employees represent shady companies.

The following users liked this post:
JaE35 (12-02-2011)
Old 12-02-2011, 01:58 PM
Hold The Line

Received 622 Likes on 406 Posts
I'm over all this bantering. Hash it out personally or via PMs. Any other snarky jabs and I'm dropping infractions and hammers including all vendors in this thead. This goes for any thread on driver.

The following 7 users liked this post by TIAN:
Blue Dream (12-02-2011), G35SedanGrn (12-02-2011), Golden_Shower (12-02-2011), JaE35 (12-02-2011), Killjulez (12-02-2011), My Key (12-02-2011), SDGenius (12-02-2011) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-02-2011, 04:03 PM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
+1, back and forth off topic comments and jabs will result in an infractions being given.

If you have a question of any vendor, similar to the nature of the questions I posed in this thread in response to Dustin's post, they are OK of course just be respectful (that should go without saying). Thanks.

Old 12-02-2011, 06:22 PM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by justmyride
Marcus as a Admin it might be better sometimes to sit back and not be so all up in theses threads that seem to make people believe Strafe is one way or the other.

There are other mods who can regulate Strafe or things about Strafe.
Dustin or Law if you have future issues please PM, and I will handle them.

D