G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Acura TL or Infiniti G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 06:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura TL or Infiniti G35

I'm thinking about getting the G35 RWD Sedan, but am torn between that an the Acura TL. I haven't driven either, but have done extensive research on both. I like the overall looks of the G35 better I think. Is the rear seat very tight though? Thanks for any help you can give.

Also, how is the G35 in the rain.

Old 01-06-2005, 06:34 PM
Premier Member

Oh gawd, not that old chesnut again!!!

Old 01-06-2005, 06:51 PM
This has really been posted over and over and over again. If you use the search mode you should be able to find some good info on this subject. Test drive both and come to your own conclusion.

Old 01-06-2005, 07:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the car's fine in the rain. i've got the 05 w/ Goodyear NCT5 rubber. Haven't had the slip light come on even in this hellish rain we've been having here the past couple of weeks.

Old 01-06-2005, 07:04 PM
In Search of Magic

Attached Thumbnails Acura TL or Infiniti G35-notagain_copy3.jpg  
Old 01-06-2005, 08:04 PM
I figured out how to use the search feature and saw many posts about this topic. Thanks.

Old 01-06-2005, 09:10 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I was just in the same situation. TL has the comfort and smoothness, G35 has the drive. TL is such a boring car to drive, but if you like automatic and don't drive spirited, go for the TL, much more comfort.

Old 01-06-2005, 09:16 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
LMAO!!! Here we go again. My advise to you is test drive both cars. They're both great cars! A lot of us were on the same situation before but, obviously we chose the G35 over the TL :-) Here is the link of the previous thread about this crap, hehe GOODLUCK!

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v35-2003-06/36483-2005-infiniti-g35-vs-2005-acura-tl.html

Old 01-06-2005, 09:40 PM
Buy both and the you post the results. Things will be easier that way!

Old 01-06-2005, 09:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
tgrouss,

Please try to ignore those childish posts regarding all the pain those poor members are feeling because you've started a thread that's been discussed before. So what! Big deal! Is the world going to come to an end, now, because a thread has been started that was started previously. I remember when I first came to this forum. I asked the same question this person is asking. Was I met with anger? No! Was I made to feel like a fool? No! The members who responded to my post were helpful and knowledgeable and behaved maturely. I apologize for those who can't subscribe to the rule of thumb: If you can't say anything nice, KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!

Anyways, back to the topic at hand. I too struggled between the TL and the G35. I decided on the G35 for two important reasons. The first reason is because the G is available in AWD. And what's nice about the AWD on the G is unless needed the front wheels are given minimal power. This basically makes the G35x a RWD along with all the handling perks RWD offers. And when it does rain (or snow as it does in my area) I've got the AWD feature watching my back. The second reason for going with the G is a reason you've already recognized, its sophisticated, athletic, sporty, sexy looks! Sure the TL is okay looking, but let's face it, it's not even in the same league as the G. I will say that I loved the interior looks of the TL over the G's. And after visiting Acura-TL.com it seemed the quality control on the TL was not good at all.

I hope this helps in your decision. I would recommend you read the other threads dealing with this topic, as well. But please don't be discouraged by asking questions. That's what this forum is for! I've never been a big believer in the "search" function anyways. Why read old, outdated information when fresh, more reliable, more dependable information is just a question away. I seriously doubt the server is close to being full.

Let us know what you decide!

Old 01-06-2005, 10:01 PM
Premier Member

Here, here.. I agree.

Old 01-06-2005, 10:01 PM
Acura TL is better built than the G35 and has a nicer interior x 10. Navi is better as well. Has bluetooth, etc etc. I also think it looks better and more agressive than the G35 Sedan.

That being said, its not as fun to drive and is FWD.

Old 01-06-2005, 10:23 PM
It's time to designate the TL vs. G35 as an official drinking game -- everybody has to take a shot everytime this thread comes up!

Hi Tgrouss... I can tell u about my own experience --- I've had my G35x almost one year now and i'm completely satisfied with the performance in all types of weather conditions. Most of us will agree that the G is a truer sports / performance sedan than the TL. The TL is an excellent auto with all the luxury features for roughly the same price range. I'll tell u what though, i can personally live w/out all those bells and whistles because this car is just so damn fun to drive! Technology in the interior of a car will usually become standard after a while. The G35 will still be a pleasure to drive long after, say, the bluetooth becomes standard on every car. I remember when my acura integra had a car phone in it back in 1995...I thought i was the MAN, thats probably not so hot now...because it wasnt even cordless, it had a cord attached to it in the middle of the console!

Anyways, im gettin off track here...good luck on your decision, i hope that we'll soon welcome another proud g35 owner here!

Old 01-06-2005, 10:26 PM
ok

Alright, I just had to register now after lurking for a while. I test drove the 04.5 G35 6MT and the 05 TL 6MT. I currently drive a 95 MErcury Sable, so both cars were going to blow me away. That said....

The TL has awesome straight line acceleration/speed, and the brembos were a pleasure to stop with. Interior is cool, but too much neon stuff for my liking. The clutch, at first, is grabby to say the least. It also grabs very low to the floor, but that jut takes some getting used to. The navigation was cool, although I don't really need it, I had to play with it. We couldn't find the flower shop or sushi place across the street! Also, I like the TLs dual pipes in the back (not the fact that they are squarish, just that there is one on each side of the car.)

Now to the G. I love RWD, always had it on the cars my family had when I started driving (mostly trucks). The "squat" feeling when you hit the gas is heaven! Turn the key on the G, I loved that pur! Unfortunately, the salesman thought I was screwing around, so I didn't get to do a great test drive (I told him I didn't want to buy until summer, and I'm probably on the young side, 23, for a car like that). But just the sound of the engine and the squat feeling in the G off the line, I love it.

Conclusion, so far... Undecided. I am pretty sure I am going to end up with the G, but I need to get a better test drive! The salesman I had at Acura (John at Acura in Framingham MA) was great to work with, just more knowledgeable and upbeat about the car and it' features. The Infiniti salesman I had was like pulling teeth to talk to! One hint though, watch the paint, as I have read a lot about it being soft on both cars. My girlfriend has a 04 TSX and it chips it you look at it wrong!

Old 01-06-2005, 10:29 PM
TL is a nice car but i would go with a 2005 g35 anyday

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Acura TL or Infiniti G35