G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

How To Wire in AUTO FOLD feature for your JDM Folding Mirrors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 11:07 AM
Received 358 Likes on 258 Posts
Originally Posted by neo_anderson302
I want like mine to function so they unfold when the key is turned in to acc. and fold when you lock it. So I'm thinking all I would need to do is change the fold in relay #85 with the power acc.
Your SPDT relays will stay the same. In fact everything will stay the same, the only thing that changes is your FOLD OUT Timer Relay will now have a different trigger.

You'll need to find either a negative or positive trigger that's active only when key is turned 'on', and goes away when you turn it off.

Originally Posted by G35Papa
Great write up Matt and very cool mod
Thanks dude!

I need to replace my Driver side mirror it was faulty from delivery, it's bothering me!!! Doesn't fold in 100%

Old 06-04-2012, 02:47 PM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
^Ship back to JDM-Land for replacement? Come on, 98.4 percent is good enough lol

Old 06-04-2012, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by G35Papa
^Ship back to JDM-Land for replacement? Come on, 98.4 percent is good enough lol
Hmmm you dun know me well then.

Seriously though it is noticable, it sucks.

And actually they sent me a new one after 2 emails, great seller. I already have the replacement just haven't had time to pop it in.

Old 06-25-2012, 08:46 AM
Updated post #6 for wiring in the JDM switch.

The following 2 users liked this post by TunerMax:
artsVQ (06-25-2012), neo_anderson302 (07-26-2012)
Old 11-12-2012, 08:44 PM
Received 302 Likes on 223 Posts
holy shiit... that fvcking sick!

i just bought the jdm folding mirrors and jdm bezel for the switch inserts. i will be hitting you up for some help soon!!

how long did this take? how hard was it? how much would this cost if i took it to a shop to rewire?

how much did you spend on hardware for install?

if i did the automatic fold how hard would this be to make manual? just in case something malfunctions with the mirror motor...

would i be able to use the manual open and fold function if it was wired to auto?

Old 11-13-2012, 12:58 AM
Originally Posted by MPG35fiend
holy shiit... that fvcking sick!
Thanks dude! I've had these on for almost 6 months now without a single issue, they work great!

i just bought the jdm folding mirrors and jdm bezel for the switch inserts. i will be hitting you up for some help soon!!
No problem man, use one of the threads linked in the OP or post here, not biggie either way I don't think.

how long did this take? how hard was it? how much would this cost if i took it to a shop to rewire?
The actual wiring, etc I didn't find too hard, an hour maybe, counting time to get stuff together disassemble, wire, test, reassemble.
The time on this job was figuring the whole wiring diagram/function out, terminal designations, relay to use that would function as needed, and so on. It is something kind of un-precidented, I had to figure it out from scratch. But you don't have to do any of that

The second part I could NOT tell you dude. I'd find a reputable auto-electrician for this job. I'd suspect you'll be charged 2 hours, random guess. Supply them with this "DIY", allow them to look it over and see what they think about doing the job.

if i did the automatic fold how hard would this be to make manual? just in case something malfunctions with the mirror motor...
The mirrors cannot be operated manually unless you force them, which isn't great for the motors. If you're stuck cause one fails and you have no choice, you can simply fold it out by hand and repair it later.

would i be able to use the manual open and fold function if it was wired to auto?
Yes, see post #6 for how to integrate the JDM switch into this circuit with Diodes.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:38 AM
thank you!!!

Old 02-22-2013, 12:22 AM
ok.. so i have my power fold mirrors.... heres what it came with....

Name:  IMAG0029.jpg
Views: 3889
Size:  45.2 KB

is this necessary JDM pieces i need besides the miscellaneous parts on your list?

can you explain how i take the mirror off?

i cant pull the mirror off to get to the screws to take the mirror motor off. ive read that JDM_CAINE used the USDM/OEM shell, base and mirrors....

so do i just toss the jdm mirror shells since all i need are the motor and guts?

do you see how the mirrors are already folded in?..

the reason why I'm asking is that i cant pull the mirror motor off bc i cant remove the mirror and the mirror shell kind of blocks the mirror motor since its folded in if you understand what i mean.

sorry if this isnt making any sense.

Old 02-22-2013, 12:24 PM
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
There is another thread where we talk about the install and what needs to be installed

You need to power up the mirror and the mirror switch to get them open

I don't see the jdm wire harnesses in your picture

The following users liked this post:
TunerMax (02-22-2013)
Old 02-22-2013, 09:48 PM
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
You need the harness and that bezel doesnt work, us the oem one and cut out the switch hole. Plus you have have to flip the switch ****.

Trust me its alot of work.

Old 02-23-2013, 06:35 PM
ok.. so i have my power fold mirrors.... heres what it came
is this necessary JDM pieces i need besides the miscellaneous parts on your list?

can you explain how i take the mirror off?

i cant pull the mirror off to get to the screws to take the mirror motor off. ive read that JDM_CAINE used the USDM/OEM shell, base and mirrors....

so do i just toss the jdm mirror shells since all i need are the motor and guts?

do you see how the mirrors are already folded in?..

the reason why I'm asking is that i cant pull the mirror motor off bc i cant remove the mirror and the mirror shell kind of blocks the mirror motor since its folded in if you understand what i mean.

sorry if this isnt making any sense.
Congrats on the pickup dude!! Sorry for the late response, I've been away from a computer and only saw this on mobile.

Here's the 3 threads that contain a bunch of info you will want to know.

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...goodies-2.html
https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...-question.html
https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...e-mirrors.html

There's a lot there, but all the answers are in those threads.
You will need to remove the mirrors, you can't just bolt the JDM ones up, you have to do some swapping.

To remove them you will need a soft spatula, heat gun/hair dryer, and patience. EDIT, THANKS TO NEO FOR POINTING IT OUT. YOU DON'T ACTUALLY NEED TO DISASSEMBLE IT, YOU ONLY HAVE TO SWAP THE RIGHT SIDE JDM BASE FOR THE RIGHT SIDE USDM BASE TO GET THE MIRROR ANGLE CORRECT ON THE RIGHT SIDE..
THE ONLY TIME YOU HAVE TO REMOVE THE MIRROR AND SWAP EVERYTHING IS IF YOU WANT TO SWAP FOR HEATED MIRRORS.

Originally Posted by artsVQ
I don't see the jdm wire harnesses in your picture
This. The harness is different and without it, it's going to be a PITA to wire this up.

that bezel doesnt work, us the oem one and cut out the switch hole. .
The JDM one doesn't fit? That sucks! Why not?

Last edited by TunerMax; 02-24-2013 at 05:17 PM.
MPG35fiend (02-24-2013)
Old 02-24-2013, 01:14 AM
Originally Posted by TunerMax
Congrats on the pickup dude!! Sorry for the late response, I've been away from a computer and only saw this on mobile.

You will need to remove the mirrors, you can't just bolt the JDM ones up, you have to do some swapping.

To remove them you will need a soft spatula, heat gun/hair dryer, and patience.

This. The harness is different and without it, it's going to be a PITA to wire this up.

The bezel will mount to your car like oem, but the bottom half is shape different than the US version. The bottom piece where the steering wheel height lever is doesnt mate with the JDM Bezel, Also the ignition ring is a little different. I believe the JDM cars dont have an ignition light ring. Mine came with a solid ring that was seperate and it wouldnt fit with the ring there.

Both sides are different. I already tried when I had mine.

Last edited by neo_anderson302; 02-24-2013 at 01:27 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by neo_anderson302:
MPG35fiend (02-24-2013), TunerMax (02-24-2013)
Old 02-24-2013, 01:16 AM
Originally Posted by TunerMax

To remove them you will need a soft spatula, heat gun/hair dryer, and patience.

YOu can bolt the jdm mirrors up. Only thing is the base angle is different. Hence we have the jdm base on our driverside, with the bad angle.

MPG35fiend (02-24-2013)
Old 02-24-2013, 05:15 PM
The bezel will mount to your car like oem, but the bottom half is shape different than the US version. The bottom piece where the steering wheel height lever is doesnt mate with the JDM Bezel, Also the ignition ring is a little different. I believe the JDM cars dont have an ignition light ring. Mine came with a solid ring that was seperate and it wouldnt fit with the ring there..
Thanks for the info!! That sucks

YOu can bolt the jdm mirrors up. Only thing is the base angle is different. Hence we have the jdm base on our driverside, with the bad angle.
Truth. You don't actually have to swap the motors either.
You only REALLY have to swap the passenger mirror base to the USDM one, the rest is just plug and play, as long as you don't want defrost swapped over.

And the passenger side could be simply installed but the angle will be off.

It's funny that I never thought of that after we found out about the bases being the difference, that means the motors can be left alone completely and you DONT HAVE TO REMOVE THE GLASS unless you want to swap for heated mirrors.

Old 02-24-2013, 07:19 PM
^is the wiring still the same with the heated mirrors?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How To Wire in AUTO FOLD feature for your JDM Folding Mirrors