G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

People talk about mods adding power, yet no dynos or track times to support claims?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 03:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chicago he will be like the 50 others that we went thru this with that said IT CANT WORK and then tried it and came back and said wow this actually works and then we all forget and then another one comes along. All we can do is stake our claim from experience and hope the newbs don't get caught up in what doesn't matter.

Anyone know where to find the monster original hyperground thread? Is that gone forever? Can we put that back up?

Old 02-01-2005, 03:57 PM
Pay for the installation too?

Old 02-01-2005, 04:17 PM
Don't drink and Mag Race
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm willing to cover the same installation expenses I would incur : $0

I did, however, ask you what your time is worth, as I am truly interested to find out subjective results from a self-proclaimed skeptic. If you need some cash to offset your time, tell me what you think is fair. Let's try and keep it real, as I am not shilling for anyone but myself. I simply want to put this issue to rest (and possibly add a mod to my car)

Old 02-01-2005, 04:28 PM
How long does it take to install, I have tools and everything I'd need to install it and remove it, just don't really care to spend the time to do it. I haven't looked into it at all since I haven't considered it.

Old 02-01-2005, 05:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey guys. there is a SoCal meet coming up. How about this. someone buy me a new set of ground wires and ill do an experiment. it wont be double blind, but ill have a bunch of g owners there and ill install the wires on their cars and see how many positive impressions we get. we can go from there.

Old 02-01-2005, 05:07 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by BrianV
Again if that was true, as my g/f can barely tell if I'm driving on a flat tire or not,

It sounds like this is what's happening:

owner: "Hey I just installed these new wires on my car, doesn't it feel smoother?"

passenger: "Hmm, actually yeah it does seem smoother."

Passenger is saying that for two reasons: A) Maybe the passenger never really paid attention to the level of smoothness because they really never cared. When they do pay attention they realize the car is pretty darn smooth. I mean it is an Infiniti right?

or

B) They feel sorry for the owner so they don't want to say what they may be feeling, "I really don't notice anything different.'

Chances are they're not noticing it out of the blue, and if anyone says they are it's either a freak thing or someone is making it up. There's just SOOOO much debating over this on ALL communities that if it was as obvious as you say, then someone/something/some manufacturer would've proven it's validity.
That's great analogy. Hell, last night I installed my Z-tube and my car felt far more lively and the shifts felt crisper, quicker shifts in MM, and firmer shifts. Is it really possible the Z-pipe did all this? Nope. It's mostly the sound increase (which isn't nearly as loud as I though it would BTW) and how hard I was pushing the car because I was stabbing the throttle quicker and harder than I normally do so that I could get a sense of the pipe at all rpms and load. We all know the VQs take some driving and learning before the full effect of the mod is felt. I imagine the induction noise will get a little deeper as time progresses.

I haven't owned one or used one so I'm not saying IT DOESN'T WORK, just that it's hard to believe no one can prove anything conclusively with all the effort and attention that has been placed on this thing. That's enough for me to hold-off right now, and I tihnk DaveB feels the same way.
Nail...head....you hit it.

Old 02-01-2005, 05:07 PM
I'm sure Gord Gee still has the test result he has compiled from previous runs.
Gord are you there ???

Old 02-01-2005, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by BrianV
And there's probably 100 race teams that don't use them, again what's your point, nothing anyone can say (EITHER WAY) is conclusive, and since no one can say anything conclusive I CHOOSE to think it must not be worthwhile then.
That's very true. I subscribe to SCC, Grassroots Motorsports, Motor Trend, and Car & Driver and it's once in a blue moon that you see some modified car with grounding wires on it. If anything, usually it's some show-based car with no racing under it's belt.

Old 02-01-2005, 05:14 PM
ChicagoX-

I'd consider it and I may be a better canidate since I have an automagic. I wouldn't be able to do this for another month or so though. I don't know how long you're willing to wait. I don't need any money for install. I jsut need some type of proof you're willing to buy the kit from me at 90% if I don't like it.

Old 02-01-2005, 07:17 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by SixFive
Chicago he will be like the 50 others that we went thru this with that said IT CANT WORK and then tried it and came back and said wow this actually works and then we all forget and then another one comes along. All we can do is stake our claim from experience and hope the newbs don't get caught up in what doesn't matter.

Anyone know where to find the monster original hyperground thread? Is that gone forever? Can we put that back up?
I agree. Like he said the Stillen Intake gave him no results either. So please I rather not have a test done by BrianV. Because I know where it's headed.

That is all I will say. .02 cents

Old 02-01-2005, 07:20 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by DaveB
ChicagoX-

I'd consider it and I may be a better canidate since I have an automagic. I wouldn't be able to do this for another month or so though. I don't know how long you're willing to wait. I don't need any money for install. I jsut need some type of proof you're willing to buy the kit from me at 90% if I don't like it.
I would like to see your results DaveB.

Old 02-01-2005, 07:24 PM
Blah Blah Blah Blah

When is someone going to take two stock G35 Sedans and put a grounding kit on one of them... Then get some peole and don't tell them which G35 has it and have them drive the cars back to back and ask them if the cars drove any differently or felt the same.

This at least would prove it grounding kits make the car drive more smoothly or not... Personaly I believe grounding kits are nothing but automotive snake oil... but I have no proof, so don't listen to me

It's funny about how a car feels tho... .I know after I get my car back from the dealership after an oil change, the car feels more tight and smoother... but then again it might just be that I've been driving the company truck all day and compared to that the G35 feels a lot smoother and actualy has nothing to do with the maintance just done to it

Old 02-01-2005, 07:52 PM
Don't drink and Mag Race
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveB
ChicagoX-

Considering the tone and level of (dis)interest from Brian V, I'll take you up on it. I can put the funds in an E-escrow account if you don't wan't to take my word for it. I see you two are buddies from Maxima.org, so you are probably almost as skeptical as he is.

I am willing to put $$$ on the barrelhead........I just want the person doing the testing to have some 'skin' in the deal as well, that's all. Your time/effort and review is enough for me.

Please, if you are going to all of this effort for one massive I TOLD YOU SO, please don't bother. I just want a fair review from an admitted skeptic.

Please note again, I am not afilliated with any vendor or product. I am doing this for the G community. And to maybe pick up a mod.

Old 02-01-2005, 11:19 PM
Originally Posted by G35_TX
I agree. Like he said the Stillen Intake gave him no results either. So please I rather not have a test done by BrianV. Because I know where it's headed.

That is all I will say. .02 cents
What did I say about leaving my posts alone, there's plenty of evidence to support the Stillen intake doesn't provide massive gains. I never said it gave me no results, I said I didn't like the results (less smooth engine, more ricey noise, and what appeared to be less low end torque). I didn't want to sacrifice 4000 RPM of less power for the 2000 RPM gain it may have provided.

There you go again making crap up again you pathological liar and internet scumbag. DO NOT MAKE COMMENTS ABOUT ME!!!!!!!

Old 02-01-2005, 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by ChicagoX
Considering the tone and level of (dis)interest from Brian V, I'll take you up on it. I can put the funds in an E-escrow account if you don't wan't to take my word for it. I see you two are buddies from Maxima.org, so you are probably almost as skeptical as he is.

I am willing to put $$$ on the barrelhead........I just want the person doing the testing to have some 'skin' in the deal as well, that's all. Your time/effort and review is enough for me.

Please, if you are going to all of this effort for one massive I TOLD YOU SO, please don't bother. I just want a fair review from an admitted skeptic.

Please note again, I am not afilliated with any vendor or product. I am doing this for the G community. And to maybe pick up a mod.
DaveB and I know of each other but we're not really buddies of any sort, we don't talk outside of message board posts. He's a super-reputable and honest guy, and I'm interested in hearing what he has to say as well. He's probably more qualified to execute the review then even I am.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: People talk about mods adding power, yet no dynos or track times to support claims?