G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

People talk about mods adding power, yet no dynos or track times to support claims?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 08:14 PM
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Correction. I never owned a Trailblazer. Also in 3 year time. That would put me back to 2001. 2001 Maxima, 2002 CL-S, 2003 Audi A4, 2003 Pathfinder, 2004 G35, 2004 Titan. Jetta never happened since the dealer couyldn't get the package I wanted due to a stop in production in Mexico.

I been on Maxima.org for over 2 years. Since no one knows who I am, I don't get bothered. Kinda funny ain't it. I do post too.

Sad, only board I been banned from was the max board because of a comflict of interest with the owner about a girl who lied to me. Go figure.

Wow, bringing my personal life into this really shows your maturity. Grow up Brian. I was just stating my opinion on my post. But now you got your panties in a wad.

Sad, sad, you should be banned for making comments to another member like you just did.

Btw, I am not upside down on any of my cars. I have a lot of money that I put down on my cars. So how do you even think you know my financial situtation? you don't. Enjoy life.

Like I said, its a public forum, if you want me not to reply, don't post.

Originally Posted by BrianV
Oh wow, 8 months sorry. That's about your average. Also I haven't owned a Maxima since 2002, I had a LS400 for well over a year (and it was really old and I needed a new car not a 130k miled car), had a Mazdaspeed for 1 month (decided it wasn't for me). You on the other hand have decided 10 cars weren't for you in 3 years time. (Maxima, Trans-Am, CL-S, A4 1.8t, TrailBlazer, Pathfinder, G35, Titan, and a brief stint with a golf or jetta or something, all since 2002). Sorry I correct myself, 8 (9 if you include the Jetta/Golf) in like 3 years time.

Also, there were several posts saying the reason you dumped your car was because of the tranny problems you had and how you didn't trust the car or something like that. I encourage you to try and come back to maxima.org, if they know your identity you will be insta-banned I'm sure, so don't tell me you're not banned from there. I bet if you actively posted on the IS300 boards or the TL boards you'd be banned in a matter of no time (again).

Blah Blah, it's the same story everytime with you. You have absolutely NO life, you still live with your parents (aren't you pushing like 38 years old now), and you carry thousands and thousands of dollars of negative equity from vehicle to vehicle. Trading in a $29k stickerd Pathfinder for $15k, less then a year later is a real smooth move. I lost all of $500 when I traded in my Mazdaspeed. I mean you had to pay me for a $175 stillen cab in multiple payments (over two months), how sad is that? Get a grip on your life, move out, and get some mental and economic stability before you ridicule me. You're the poorest example of a car enthusiast and a pretty lousy example of a human in general. LEAVE ME ALONE!!!

Old 01-19-2005, 08:15 PM
Premier Member

Like I said, misinformation. I never owned a Trailblazer or a Jetta period. And who gives a **** idiot?

Wow, i like the comment you made behind the Jetta one. LOL As usual, childish comments.,

Official List:

1) 1996 Maxima auto
2) 1998 Maxima manual (Wanted a 5-speed)
3) 1999 Trans Am manual (Wanted more power)
4) 2000 Maxima auto (Back to wanting reliability after LS1 motor issues)
5) 1991 Sentra SE-R (To be used for track purposes)
6) 2001 Sentra [To consolidate payments/save money along with buying 5)]
7) 2001 Maxima manual (In a few months, all kinds of money must have been saved; but denied warranty after racing)
x) 2002 Jetta 1.8T (Ordered but did not purchase after having manhood made fun of)
8) 2002 Acura CL-S auto (February 2002; Cracuras ROCK!; blew tranny, couldn't fit 17" CRT in back seat)
x) 2002 Chevy Trailblazer (Returned after a day of ownership)
9) 2003 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro manual (February 2003; minor accident, realized/perceived it was/would be unreliable, couldn't haul cargo, BLAH BLAH BLAH, traded)
10) 2003 Pathfinder LE 4x2 (July 2003, big accident shortly thereafter)
11) 2004 Infiniti G35 6spd (February 2004; Blew 6th gear from "skip-shifting", second tranny grinded in 2nd; Infiniti dealer "sucked")
12) 2004 Nissan Titan (October 2004; A return to Nissan, inexplicably. Boss "forced" him to get a truck)

Yes folks thats FOURTEEN vehicles since '97, counting the TWO he returned.

Old 01-19-2005, 08:17 PM
What has become the purpose of this thread -- to show how much two members know about each other and then slam them??? I'm beginning to think you guys were once married or something.... going on like two divorced people.

I thought these forums were to provide an "open" discussion for people with similar interest in cars. Who cares if their opinions differ ?? Isn't that what respecting each other is all about -- agreeing to disagree -- without the childish attitudes.

That's my $.02 and MHO.

Old 01-19-2005, 08:18 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by BbyG35
What has become the purpose of this thread -- to show how much two members know about each other and then slam them??? I'm beginning to think you guys were once married or something.... going on like two divorced people.

I thought these forums were to provide an "open" discussion for people with similar interest in cars. Who cares if their opinions differ ?? Isn't that what respecting each other is all about -- agreeing to disagree -- without the childish attitudes.

That's my $.02 and MHO.

It's the way Brian has to defend himself, he gets all personal.

Old 01-19-2005, 08:33 PM
You started it man, you don't even own a G35, you came in here and didn't post your opinion about the thread, you started by posting your opinion about me. How I need to sell my car, how I don't understand modding, blah blah. How can you sit here and say that, just like usual you don't even make any tangible sense in your posts even though they're right next to each other.

Like I said before, please leave my posts alone, don't reply and post directly at me. I don't go following you around on any board and post crap about your replies, you seem to find mine and start this crap. The world is sick of you man.

Old 01-19-2005, 08:36 PM
Premier Member

You started it man, you don't even own a G35, you came in here and didn't post your opinion about the thread, you started by posting your opinion about me. How I need to sell my car, how I don't understand modding, blah blah. How can you sit here and say that, just like usual you don't even make any tangible sense in your posts even though they're right next to each other.

Like I said before, please leave my posts alone, don't reply and post directly at me. I don't go following you around on any board and post crap about your replies, you seem to find mine and start this crap. The world is sick of you man.

I posted a opinion sir on the subject at hand and how you have been rating the mods in the past and present. So what if I don't own a G35 anymore. I use to own one. I said it was my opinion in the post, but obviously you can't read.

Sad, are you the answer to the world now? I am done with your chilldish remarks and attitude.

Old 01-19-2005, 08:37 PM
For the record, I didn't create that list Russ, someone who has known you A LOT longer has, and he apparently knows you well enough to put an 'x' next to the Jetta and TrailBlazer.

Old 01-19-2005, 08:39 PM
You are the bigger liar ever, read your first post again.

Originally Posted by G35_TX
BrianV, you obviously never have anything good to say about any mods, or anything done to the G35 by anyone else.

It is obvious you bought the wrong car. If you want results go buy a V8 in a Stang or Fbody or Vette, then you will get much bigger results.

Just a opinion I will make now. I suggest you take your bad comments and leave them on the front door step. Because right this moment you are actually making yourself really look bad. All the mods make some type of power gain in some form or fashion. If they weren't, they would not be selling them. That is why there are so many dyno sheets out there proving this.

Even the grounding kit (I never purchased when I had my G35) is a good mod to smooth the idle, and other things out. Smoother can always lead to a better drivetrain. And in turn will make others think you gained some improvement in the HP, which can be true in some cases. My background is Electronics and Computer Engineering. That is what my degree is in. And I can see how ground wires help. Maybe it's because of my background, but who knows. If you don't understand it, stop thinking it doesn't help others and making them look like they are just making it up!

My .02 cents.

The first three paragraphs of your post had nothing to do with the post and 100% to do with me. Then you end the last sentence of the last paragraph with a jab at me. How can you say I started this. You're such a loser man, leave me the hell alone, what the hell is your obssession with posting this kind of crap?

Old 01-19-2005, 08:44 PM
Premier Member

You are the bigger liar ever, read your first post again.

The first three paragraphs of your post had nothing to do with the post and 100% to do with me. Then you end the last sentence of the last paragraph with a jab at me. How can you say I started this. You're such a loser man, leave me the hell alone, what the hell is your obssession with posting this kind of crap?

Hmm your post was regards to everyone and the mods meaning nothing. So how is mine just towards you? It was towards the subject at hand. Obviously you are trying to turn this around. So when are you gonna grow up and stop responding?
Btw, I don't lie and I don't make things up. You on the other hand seem to be attacking other members in your posts. So I was just defending the community with my opinion as I saw fit.

Btw, if you want me to leave you alone, stop posting nonsense like this.

Old 01-19-2005, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by G35_TX
Hmm your post was regards to everyone and the mods meaning nothing. So how is mine just towards you? It was towards the subject at hand. Obviously you are trying to turn this around. So when are you gonna grow up and stop responding?
Btw, I don't lie and I don't make things up. You on the other hand seem to be attacking other members in your posts. So I was just defending the community with my opinion as I saw fit.

Btw, if you want me to leave you alone, stop posting nonsense like this.
Ok, this is my last post on this thread directed to you. I never once used names to call anyone out, I simply posted (with what many members agree with) how I feel about certain mods and that the buyer should be aware that not all mods make super-significant gains. I was simply commenting on the ROI that exists when modding this car.

You somehow contorted it to mean I said modding is 100% worthless for everybody. You hardly mod'd your car, you had like an intake and a botched clear-bra on it, what makes you so special?

I'm done with you, please don't reply to any post and say anything about me personally. I promise I won't do the same to you, and I believe I asked for this agreement before. Save the people of the world from having to deal with your crap. I have years of threads I can paste in here that show how ludicrous you are. It's funny that a 38 year old who lives with his parents, is telling me how to act like an adult.

Old 01-19-2005, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by SixFive
Well wouldn't you know it we agreed on something! The Y seems a bit much for me too. I hear that rasp is an issue and that fitment to the mid-pipe creates another bottleneck. For 300 bucks I can save 3/5 of the TS upgrade for a rainy day. I like the crawdord 300NA plan but the headers are a major expense and the issues that the ecu may have with CEL lights and whatnot sound like a PITA.
Do you have any soundclips of your ride with the coupe midpipe. I've only heard real bad quality sound clips. How's the incabin sound?

Old 01-19-2005, 08:56 PM
Premier Member

Ok, this is my last post on this thread directed to you. I never once used names to call anyone out, I simply posted (with what many members agree with) how I feel about certain mods and that the buyer should be aware that not all mods make super-significant gains. I was simply commenting on the ROI that exists when modding this car.

You somehow contorted it to mean I said modding is 100% worthless for everybody. You hardly mod'd your car, you had like an intake and a botched clear-bra on it, what makes you so special?

I'm done with you, please don't reply to any post and say anything about me personally. I promise I won't do the same to you, and I believe I asked for this agreement before. Save the people of the world from having to deal with your crap. I have years of threads I can paste in here that show how ludicrous you are. It's funny that a 38 year old who lives with his parents, is telling me how to act like an adult.

38 year old? Lol, that shows how your facts are crap. Why you keep bringing my personal life into this? Really please Brian why? This is a forum, we aare here to discuss stuff. I posted what I saw. You argued with others about the Stillen Intake no gains, the exhaust or something else no gains, etc. Thats why you sold me the intake. And you said it was too loud and ricey sounding when it reality it really isn't.

Btw, I don't spew crap like you think. I live with my parents for only one reason currently, and its because I have a handicap brother that needs my help. And I help my parents deal with him. You don't understand being close to a family that has a issue like this. I do. Btw, I doubt anyone cares about past threads as you can see from someones post they don't.

Last edited by G35_TX; 01-19-2005 at 09:03 PM.
Old 01-20-2005, 02:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This thread is a testament to the idiocy of you two. You guys should have taken this offline a long time ago.

Old 01-20-2005, 11:27 AM
Hey guys - I'm still a newbie to this message board thing but have had my 2003 AT Sedan for a while with no mods, so go easy on me. I have just finished reading all the posts on this thread and a few other threads (minus the divorce court episode that took place) - and let me narrow it down to one single mod I want to start with. I have been looking at that Z-Tube, as it seems fairly easy to do, and will produce a deeper sound at certain RPM's. I don't take my car to the track, but wanted something that may give the car something unique, maybe a few extra HP's and a cooler sound without sounding ghetto. I know this has been covered in other threads, but not by you guys who seem to be on the up and up about mods. Thanks!

Old 01-20-2005, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by gutman187
Hey guys - I'm still a newbie to this message board thing but have had my 2003 AT Sedan for a while with no mods, so go easy on me. I have just finished reading all the posts on this thread and a few other threads (minus the divorce court episode that took place) - and let me narrow it down to one single mod I want to start with. I have been looking at that Z-Tube, as it seems fairly easy to do, and will produce a deeper sound at certain RPM's. I don't take my car to the track, but wanted something that may give the car something unique, maybe a few extra HP's and a cooler sound without sounding ghetto. I know this has been covered in other threads, but not by you guys who seem to be on the up and up about mods. Thanks!
The Z-Tube is a great mod for the following reasons:

-OEM quality
-Slightly more aggressive at WOT and higher RPMs
-Very slight power gains
-Shouldn't have problems with warranty
-Cheap
-No negative side-effects. Day-to-day driving is no louder, no loss of smoothness, no loss of gas mileage, etc.

It's not going to make a huge difference, but if you're looking to do something small to differentiate your car, this is a great place to start.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: People talk about mods adding power, yet no dynos or track times to support claims?