G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

more ebay for the 05-06 sedans.. good or bad thing?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 08:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
they are not too bad imo i would love to see someone pull it off

Old 01-16-2013, 02:40 AM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
There's a guy with an OB that got them for temporary purposes. I opted for the OEM looking one. The LED on the side, I just couldn't say yes too. A bit rice on that portion. Perhaps if it was done a bit better, then different story.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:33 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
How is it rice? Road cars had LED side markers before race cars did.. Anywho I think they look decent, still not an angel eye fan, but that can be modified as well as the projector which I'm sure isn't the best. You can make I nice set of headlamps for cheap with these.

Old 02-02-2013, 09:39 PM
Back in SD**

Received 63 Likes on 8 Posts
I have the black ones. They look really nice. I'll take some night time pictures for the cutoff on the projectors. The cutoff is a little soft and the spread isn't exactly even, but they still put a lot of light on the road without glare. The Halo's are dim, definitely not bright. The LED strip on the side is really good. I'm surprised someone actually thinks it's Ricer when the coupe comes with a strip stock...

Here is drivers side only.

Stock on the passenger side and the ebay's on the drivers side. As you can see the stock light has more glare.

Daytime front (Sorry the car is dirty)

Last edited by psedog; 02-03-2013 at 02:14 AM.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:42 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Can you post pic of the fog lights on not the ones in your bumper.

Old 02-03-2013, 07:33 AM
Back in SD**

Received 63 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by 05 sedan
Can you post pic of the fog lights on not the ones in your bumper
On these lights they are not fogs. They are high beam only H1's. So, they suck.

Here are the low beams with some cheap off brand 6000K bulbs. I have some Phillips 85122+'s in my FX projectors that I'm going to throw in tomorrow. I didn't think the bulbs would make to much of a difference, but I just read a few threads on HID Planet that prove the off branders suck.

The pictures looked fine on my camera, but once I imported them into my computer I noticed they were to dark, so I kicked up the exposure to 3.0

Old 02-06-2013, 12:36 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
You just convinced me to get these light I will be picking up a set tomorrow and I just orders a hid h1 bulbs for the high beams

Old 02-06-2013, 07:22 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by pulsar1
How is it rice? Road cars had LED side markers before race cars did..
What street car uses LED's as a side marker?? Or are you talking about LED DRL's?? As an owner of a car with OEM LED drl's...i really hate seeing "wannabe" cars with them all over the road. I think i saw a mini-van the other day with two white LED strips on the bottom bumper.

Not a fan of the headlights in my opinion. Just way too "spaceship" in my opinion. A good clean set of OEM headlights with a subtle touch like painted bezels or a clean projector retrofit is much more attractive than Chinese Ebay headlights.

Old 02-06-2013, 02:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by psedog
On these lights they are not fogs. They are high beam only H1's. So, they suck.

Here are the low beams with some cheap off brand 6000K bulbs. I have some Phillips 85122+'s in my FX projectors that I'm going to throw in tomorrow. I didn't think the bulbs would make to much of a difference, but I just read a few threads on HID Planet that prove the off branders suck.

The pictures looked fine on my camera, but once I imported them into my computer I noticed they were to dark, so I kicked up the exposure to 3.0

The pictures don't really show if the HID color remains the same as stock. I like the look of these headlights and would like to replace my OEM ones that have fog all over them and I cannot seem to get it off for more than a month using all the different products out there.

Old 02-07-2013, 02:47 AM
They have OEM replacement ones that looks just like the OEM's. I opted for those since the black/white theme wasn't what I'd want for my car and the chrome bezel one has too much chrome IMO. At least from the pics.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:57 AM
Originally Posted by The Stimulation
They have OEM replacement ones that looks just like the OEM's. I opted for those since the black/white theme wasn't what I'd want for my car and the chrome bezel one has too much chrome IMO. At least from the pics.
I've seen the OEM versions and I like the other style better, a lot has to do with the fact that there are a good amount of G's where I live and I want to make my car stand out but do not have the time or equipment to do a retrograde fit.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by TheAdrenaline
I've seen the OEM versions and I like the other style better, a lot has to do with the fact that there are a good amount of G's where I live and I want to make my car stand out but do not have the time or equipment to do a retrograde fit.
I like em too, just the ones with the black housings though. I did the whole black and white theme before and really don't wanna go into it again. If you end up getting the chromed version of the project style one I'd like to see how it looks on the car.

Old 02-07-2013, 02:16 PM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I think it's awesome these cars are getting more and more aftermarket products. This would be a great option for someone not wanting to spent $600 on OEM headlights.

Old 02-08-2013, 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by psedog
I have the black ones. They look really nice. I'll take some night time pictures for the cutoff on the projectors. The cutoff is a little soft and the spread isn't exactly even, but they still put a lot of light on the road without glare. The Halo's are dim, definitely not bright. The LED strip on the side is really good. I'm surprised someone actually thinks it's Ricer when the coupe comes with a strip stock...

Here is drivers side only.

Stock on the passenger side and the ebay's on the drivers side. As you can see the stock light has more glare.

Daytime front (Sorry the car is dirty)

Are these just straight plug and play for an 05 sedan or will i need to do some wiring

Old 02-08-2013, 05:10 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I like how they look on that car. I am going to get a set in the spring and retro a better projector and maybe just leave the halo disconnected. I think they look OK in the day time but not so much when lit up at night. I agree the the LED strip is a little wannabe BUT it does make a body style that is aging very well more up to date.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: more ebay for the 05-06 sedans.. good or bad thing?