G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

clutch shot at 14k, dealer is trying to charge me 2 grand

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 10:17 PM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by GZire
I wouldn't give up on this yet. Write Infiniti a letter describing the problems. Be sure to inform them that you are still within your warranty period and that you expect to be reimbursed in full for the charges you received from the dealer.

Remain professional when you write the letter, or have a lawyer draft the letter for you.

Unless you abused your car, you are well within your rights to have the powertrain parts replaced since you are only at 14k miles.

Good luck.
I think that's a good suggestion. The bottom line is they (the dealership) must prove the failed clutch was your fault. How can they?

Old 02-07-2005, 11:15 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
I think that's a good suggestion. The bottom line is they (the dealership) must prove the failed clutch was your fault. How can they?
Very easily. The metal on the clutch will blue from heat and the flywheel and pressure plate will be scored. It's very easy to prove and won't happen unless you're abusing it.

Old 02-07-2005, 11:18 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by jdb55
Yeah i have my parts i wasnt leaving the dealership without them im taking them to a shop i trust tommorow
Post pictures of the parts and I can tell you if it's abuse or a faulty part. I'm assuming you've got a throwout bearing, pressure plate, clutch disc, and maybe the fork it was bent.

Old 02-08-2005, 06:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G35_coupe_6MT
I think that this smell started after I did a semi-burnout. I didnt do it for long, and I only did it 1nce. I dont know if this is to blame or not.
My guess is you wrecked your clutch here.

Old 02-09-2005, 07:05 AM
Misanthropic nut-cracker
Red face Tell it ta the Judge..... Pinky

The clutch and flywheel assembley are designed to be the sacrificial link in your drive train and are not prone to just random wear. Only abuse and or improper engagement are the usual suspects and you can't find fault with the dealer for making the obvious call. No offense... just the facts son....DaveB is spot on! JBX

Last edited by JustBrilliantX; 02-09-2005 at 07:12 AM.
Old 02-09-2005, 11:47 AM
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
I'm really sorry to hear that you had to pay out of pocket for this. It's a shame Infiniti couldn't come to a compromise.
You are not alone in your dis-satisfaction with Infiniti Consumer affairs. The dealer I purchased my car at felt it was defective and Consumer Services does not care. I had a slight vibration in the steering wheel. After 6 repair attempts, I asked consumer services to have the mfr rep meet with me and drive the car again, they said no. IT was somewhat better for a few months and then started again. They forced me to BBB arbitration. The arbitrator had parkinsons cause his hands shook constantly. The dealer provided a service ticket stating"the problem that has been addressed on this vehicles history on numerous occassions still exists. I lost BBB arbitration cause the mans hands shook worse than my wheel. Corporate feels vindicated and does not want to do anything for me cause" I forced them to arbitration." That is what they told me. So, no matter that a problem existed, they don't want to keep a customer happy or, for that matter, keep a customer cause people like us keep buying their cars. My problem was noticed the night I purchased the car and was brought to their attention that night. However, it is not hard to blow a clutch through aggressive driving and everyone has a diff opinion on what is aggressive.
This G35 that the dealer helped me get into is my last Nissan /Infiniti product. I like my G but hate Infiniti.

Last edited by G35sedanman; 02-09-2005 at 11:54 AM.
Old 02-09-2005, 12:15 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs down

The arbitrator had parkinsons cause his hands shook constantly.
Excuse me, but what the hell does this have to do with anything, comments like this are unecessary! Just because someone has a disability, doesn't have a thing to do with the way they do their job!

Old 02-09-2005, 01:10 PM
Originally Posted by ABQ_G35
Excuse me, but what the hell does this have to do with anything, comments like this are unecessary! Just because someone has a disability, doesn't have a thing to do with the way they do their job!
MY CAR HAD A STEERING WHEEL SHAKE/VIBRATION THAT WAS PRESENT SINCE DAY 1. AS I EXPLAINED, THE ARBITRATOR PROBABLY COULD NOT FEEL THE SHAKE AS HIS HANDS SHOOK BADLY, EVEN WHEN HE RESTED THEM ON THE STEERING WHEEL.AND, MY CARS SHAKE WAS NOT DRASTIC, JUST ANNOYING ENOUGH TO FEEL. DOES THAT EXPLAIN THINGS BETTER? HE WAS NOT SUITED TO MAKE A DECISION ON THIS TYPE OF PROBLEM. IF MY CAR HAD A RATTLE, SQUEEK, ANY OTHER PROBLEM, HE WOULD HAVE BEEN FINE DOING HIS JOB. HIS DISABILITY VERY POSSIBLY AND VERY PROBABLY CAUSED HIM TO MAKE AN INCORRECT JUDGEMENT AND DISADVANTAGED ME. SO, IN ESSENCE, I SUFFERED. THE MORAL OF THE STORY WAS THAT EVEN WITH THE DEALER STATING THE CAR IS STILL DEFECTIVE, INFINITI CORPORATE WOULD RATHER TAKE THE WORD OF A NON AUTOMOTIVE PROFESSIONAL, DISABLED OR NOT RATHER THAN SATISFYING A LOYAL CUSTOMER AND LISTENING TO THIER DEALER. THE HAND SHAKING WAS NOT A PUT DOWN BUT RATHER GIVING PEOPLE THE STORY OF WHY I LOST ARBITRATION. GOT IT NOW?

Last edited by G35sedanman; 02-09-2005 at 01:18 PM.
Old 02-09-2005, 03:00 PM
G35sedanman,
What bad luck getting an arbitrator with shaky hands. It should not have gotten that far when the dealer agrees on the fault. I can't think of anything causing the vibrations other than wheel imbalance. It's too bad Infiniti / Nissan don't pay more attention to customer satisfaction. Since the launch of the 2002 Altima, they have come up with some real nice rides. Initially, people will flock to buy these cars up. However, if they continue to ignore loyal customers like yourself, it will eventually hurt them. I think Infiniti has finally put themselves in the radars of Lexus and Acura; but they better start paying more attention to their customers. It takes years to build a good image and reputation but days to ruin it.

I wonder how Honda, Toyota, and Nissan stack up against each other in terms of customer care. Personally, I think Toyota/ Lexus is the most reputable of the three.

Old 02-09-2005, 03:05 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by G35sedanman
MY CAR HAD A STEERING WHEEL SHAKE/VIBRATION THAT WAS PRESENT SINCE DAY 1.

If it was present from day 1, why didn't you address it as soon as you took delivery of the car? That, plus your tone is royally pissing me off. People got your point, targeting members because they question what seemed to be a prejudice in your post is absurd.

Last edited by Britishbloke; 02-09-2005 at 03:08 PM.
Old 02-09-2005, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by Britishbloke
If it was present from day 1, why didn't you address it as soon as you took delivery of the car? That, plus your tone is royally pissing me off. People got your point, targeting members because they question what seemed to be a prejudice in your post is absurd.
nO PREJUDICE INTENDED. I WORK FOR A FEDERAL AGENCY THAT ADMINISTERS PROGRAMS TO UNDERPRIVELIGED PEOPLE AND DISABLED PEOPLE AND I HELP THEM ALL DAY LONG. I WAS TARGETED AND MY ISSUE WAS NOT PREJUDICE. AGAIN, JUST THAT INFINITI WON'T ACCEPT THE DEALERS POSITION THAT THE CAR WAS DEFECTIVE.AND, I REALLY DON'T CARE IF YOU ARE ROYALLY PISSED OR NOT. THE FACTS I GAVE ARE THE FACTS AND I GAVE MYSELF AND INFINITI A FAIR SHAKE BY PRESENTING THEM. THE DEALER ASKED ME TOD DRIVE THE CARS FOR TWO DAYS TO SEE IF THE TIRES ROUNDED OUT. IT HAD 60 LBS OF AIR COLD IN EACH TIRE WHEN THEY COOLED OFF. PICKING UP THE CAR IN A TORRENTIAL RAINSTORM IN FLA DOES NOT ALLOW FOR HIGH SPEED DRIVING. THE DEALER CHANGED WHEELS, TIRES, HAD FACTORY SCREENED TIRES DELIVERS
D ETC. THAT ALL TOOK TIME AND INFINITI DID NOT WANT TOTAKE THE CAR BACK. PERIOD. END OF STORY BRITISH BLOKE. JUST BE HAPPY IT WAS NOT YOUR CAR AND WALLET THAT GOT HURT.

Old 02-09-2005, 03:19 PM
Premier Member

nO PREJUDICE INTENDED. I WORK FOR A FEDERAL AGENCY THAT ADMINISTERS PROGRAMS TO UNDERPRIVELIGED PEOPLE AND DISABLED PEOPLE AND I HELP THEM ALL DAY LONG. I WAS TARGETED AND MY ISSUE WAS NOT PREJUDICE. AGAIN, JUST THAT INFINITI WON'T ACCEPT THE DEALERS POSITION THAT THE CAR WAS DEFECTIVE.AND, I REALLY DON'T CARE IF YOU ARE ROYALLY PISSED OR NOT. THE FACTS I GAVE ARE THE FACTS AND I GAVE MYSELF AND INFINITI A FAIR SHAKE BY PRESENTING THEM. THE DEALER ASKED ME TOD DRIVE THE CARS FOR TWO DAYS TO SEE IF THE TIRES ROUNDED OUT. IT HAD 60 LBS OF AIR COLD IN EACH TIRE WHEN THEY COOLED OFF. PICKING UP THE CAR IN A TORRENTIAL RAINSTORM IN FLA DOES NOT ALLOW FOR HIGH SPEED DRIVING. THE DEALER CHANGED WHEELS, TIRES, HAD FACTORY SCREENED TIRES DELIVERS
D ETC. THAT ALL TOOK TIME AND INFINITI DID NOT WANT TOTAKE THE CAR BACK. PERIOD. END OF STORY BRITISH BLOKE. JUST BE HAPPY IT WAS NOT YOUR CAR AND WALLET THAT GOT HURT.

Maybe you should type in small case mate. I am glad that it wasn't my car. I've made my point and you responded, fair enough.

Old 02-09-2005, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by Britishbloke
Maybe you should type in small case mate. I am glad that it wasn't my car. I've made my point and you responded, fair enough.

OK, Thanks Britishbloke. I was not typing in upper case for the purpose of"yelling". Just at work, they like us to be in uppercase so in between things, i check our site. I only talk about my dis-satisfaction so people that may be comtemplating an Infiniti product are aware that not every Infiniti is perfect. But , I am fair and always address the fact that I love the G35. I always see posts from people that have been..I think the word is "lurking" while deciding to become part of the group or buying a G. Hope you have a nice afternoon.

Old 02-09-2005, 07:47 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MY CAR HAD A STEERING WHEEL SHAKE/VIBRATION THAT WAS PRESENT SINCE DAY 1. AS I EXPLAINED, THE ARBITRATOR PROBABLY COULD NOT FEEL THE SHAKE AS HIS HANDS SHOOK BADLY, EVEN WHEN HE RESTED THEM ON THE STEERING WHEEL.AND, MY CARS SHAKE WAS NOT DRASTIC, JUST ANNOYING ENOUGH TO FEEL. DOES THAT EXPLAIN THINGS BETTER? HE WAS NOT SUITED TO MAKE A DECISION ON THIS TYPE OF PROBLEM. IF MY CAR HAD A RATTLE, SQUEEK, ANY OTHER PROBLEM, HE WOULD HAVE BEEN FINE DOING HIS JOB. HIS DISABILITY VERY POSSIBLY AND VERY PROBABLY CAUSED HIM TO MAKE AN INCORRECT JUDGEMENT AND DISADVANTAGED ME. SO, IN ESSENCE, I SUFFERED. THE MORAL OF THE STORY WAS THAT EVEN WITH THE DEALER STATING THE CAR IS STILL DEFECTIVE, INFINITI CORPORATE WOULD RATHER TAKE THE WORD OF A NON AUTOMOTIVE PROFESSIONAL, DISABLED OR NOT RATHER THAN SATISFYING A LOYAL CUSTOMER AND LISTENING TO THIER DEALER. THE HAND SHAKING WAS NOT A PUT DOWN BUT RATHER GIVING PEOPLE THE STORY OF WHY I LOST ARBITRATION. GOT IT NOW?
Did this man tell you he had Parkinson's? I understand your frustration, just didn't understand why that was brought up! I have been the victim of predjudice against the disabled! I would agree with the fact that he wasn't an automotive professional not being reliable!

Old 02-09-2005, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by ABQ_G35
Did this man tell you he had Parkinson's? I understand your frustration, just didn't understand why that was brought up! I have been the victim of predjudice against the disabled! I would agree with the fact that he wasn't an automotive professional not being reliable!
Nuff said on this issue. If you don't get it by now, you obviously are still a victim and someone must have hurt you badly. time to get over it and accept plain english descriptions for what they are, descriptions of a story with all parts told.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: clutch shot at 14k, dealer is trying to charge me 2 grand