G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

2004 Sedan with Aftermarket Projectors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 01:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pictures

Obviously these "ebay lights" can't beat the ulta, super-duper, Phillips ballasts!

And by the way they aren't "ebay lights." Not some cheapies that cost $200...

The 2 shots facing the garage door is one with the low beams, and one with the high-beams. Same with the tree shot.

Attached Thumbnails 2004 Sedan with Aftermarket Projectors-photo-1.jpg   2004 Sedan with Aftermarket Projectors-photo-2.jpg   2004 Sedan with Aftermarket Projectors-photo-3.jpg   2004 Sedan with Aftermarket Projectors-photo-4.jpg   2004 Sedan with Aftermarket Projectors-photo-5.jpg  

Last edited by jack_burton; 05-31-2014 at 02:15 AM.
Old 05-31-2014, 01:23 AM
Last Picture

Sorry guys I could't get one straight forward on my phone camera. It would completely wash out.

If any of you guys need help with the wiring let me know, it was kinda a pain the ***. especially with the dual bulb high-beams / fog lights and the ballast for them.

For the record the ballasts are in fact 35 watt
Low Beam Bulbs are 6000k

The fogs lights aren't HID, just the Highbeams.

I think they turned out really good. They look better in person. I know most of you don't like the LED's on the side, but they aren't overbearing like most of the new model cars. The projectors really added some serious performance I must admit. Guess that makes sense as most manufactures have gone that route.

Attached Thumbnails 2004 Sedan with Aftermarket Projectors-photo-6.jpg  

Last edited by jack_burton; 05-31-2014 at 02:17 AM.
Old 05-31-2014, 08:30 AM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
On driver, an eBay headlight is pretty much anything not OEM
Whether that be "spyder" or whatever cute name the company calls them

My question is, why not retrofit with a top notch projector?? That would give you the best results-even better than OEM

Old 05-31-2014, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by jerseytaylor
On driver, an eBay headlight is pretty much anything not OEM
Whether that be "spyder" or whatever cute name the company calls them

My question is, why not retrofit with a top notch projector?? That would give you the best results-even better than OEM
Because my oem housing was fogging up 3 days after buffing them out. Meaning somewhere along the housing there is a leak that is allowing moisture to get inside. Was over buffing them every-other weekend. It was getting annoying so I just decided to replace them.

Old 05-31-2014, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
So 9 year old lights, instead of 10 year old lights. Much better.

There is no way your ebay aftermarket ballasts are better than the OEM Phillips ballasts. If you had ever gone on any retrofit forum you would know how widely praised the Phillips ballasts are. The simple fact you are claiming you ebay ballasts are better makes it abundanly clear you are full of canine excrement.

They didnt bother with HID high beams, because average person very rarely uses high beams.
Hey tough guy where did you go? Oh really. No possible way they are brighter than the magnificent Phillips OEM ballasts. No way. No possible way. Right guy? Nope. Again, just because a couple "pros" on this site say one thing, people take it as the word of God. And yes, other manufacturers can make good stuff. It does happen. Find me a stock first gen g35 sedan with headlights this bright. Even with projectors. These lights are bright, just admit it. Funny he isn't coming around anymore that the pictures are up. Funny.

Last edited by jack_burton; 06-10-2014 at 08:08 PM.
Old 05-31-2014, 09:58 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Did you try to clear-coat your OEM headlights after buffing them out?

Old 06-01-2014, 09:04 AM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
That was my next question
Three days seems wayyy too soon to haze back up again if done right

Old 06-02-2014, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by 35bills
Did you try to clear-coat your OEM headlights after buffing them out?
No didn't even bother. The lights are 10 years old, have 120k miles on them, i was over babying these OEM headlights. Wanted to try something new. Plus I drive a lot in the open desert with little to no lights on the road so I wanted to try out HID high-beams.

Old 06-03-2014, 11:27 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice lights, screw everyone else if you like them and you are happy. Then everyone else can suck it. My lights have to have a light attention to them every month or so but I'm considering
a set.

Old 06-11-2014, 03:23 PM
to each his own, at the end of the day you hold the title, gas it it and sit behind the drivers seat. If you like the look and and the light output, and it puts a smile on your face...AWSOME !!. Personally i thought about those lights and didnt like the side LED strip. I ended up going to TRS, getting the morrimoto mini h1 kit and retrofitted my OEM into the FOG location. Took some time and surprisingly easy once you figure out how to open and close your headlamp. Wired my lo beams to the projector and wired the hi beams to the solenoid...then relocated the fog light to the stock lo beam and use the stock H1 bulb for that.....Took some time im proud of it and i love it.
My point is do what makes you happy with your car cause its your car !!!

Old 06-12-2014, 09:39 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Let's see some pics I need some ideals for some lights.

Old 09-23-2015, 11:30 PM
Wiring

Originally Posted by jack_burton
Sorry guys I could't get one straight forward on my phone camera. It would completely wash out.

If any of you guys need help with the wiring let me know, it was kinda a pain the ***. especially with the dual bulb high-beams / fog lights and the ballast for them.

For the record the ballasts are in fact 35 watt
Low Beam Bulbs are 6000k

The fogs lights aren't HID, just the Highbeams.

I think they turned out really good. They look better in person. I know most of you don't like the LED's on the side, but they aren't overbearing like most of the new model cars. The projectors really added some serious performance I must admit. Guess that makes sense as most manufactures have gone that route.
Could you help me with the hid ballast wiring for low beams

Old 09-24-2015, 09:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They look awesome, dont let anyone tell you different. I dont know why so many are hung up on the stock head lights? The stock headlights to me look huge and too much chrome inside which makes them look huge! Also for HID the stock headlights are not all that bright IMO.
Over time the stock headlights haze and get stress cracks. For that matter every headlight will get haze/fog on them I dont care what car you have. As far as LED most new cars have them! I think the Audis are the sexiest headlights out there.
The Inside of your new headlights being Black alone is a 100% improvement!
Enjoy them they are Very very nice!