G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Alarm rings EVERYtime getting in or out, Reprogram??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 01:12 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Alarm rings EVERYtime getting in or out, Reprogram??

Gang!! So, everytime I get in or out of my car, the chirping alarm (not horn) rings for a few seconds as if the lights were or ignition is left on, etc. Some background... i just got crunched on driver's side, both front, rear doors replaced. Since getting from body shop, after 2 weeks... this in my new "feature!" Is there a need reprogram or reset the system? I imagine the batter was disconnected the entire time as doors were off it. If I could ask for some help - info???!! Thanks much!!! -r (coincidentally... seems like my starter is dead. car only starts sometimes!) coincidence, right??!!

Old 06-15-2015, 09:39 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Is this an intelligent key system, or a standard key?

Is it the fast pace, really quick "beep-beep-beep....." that oyu hear if you try to lock a door and it's still open?

Old 06-15-2015, 09:59 AM
It's the intel key system and yes, it is the fast pace beep-beep. Only does it when the fob is inside the car. So, I get in with the fob, close the door and "beep-beep" quick "warning" type beeping. If I take my fob with me, out of car, no beep warning. (most often i just leave the fob in the car... pretty unlikely someone randomly jumps in my car to steal).

Doors lock correctly - alarm seem to be setting correctly. Wondering if odd setting is causing issue with car not wanting to start periodically??! Tks MTang!!!

Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
Is this an intelligent key system, or a standard key?

Is it the fast pace, really quick "beep-beep-beep....." that oyu hear if you try to lock a door and it's still open?

Old 06-18-2015, 08:20 PM
Well, popped in a new starter and Shazam!! Did the trick. (at least for not turning over) The damned warning alarm still goes off everytime the door is shut with FOB inside.

Old 06-23-2015, 10:07 AM
Well is was NOT the starter Back to same old non starting crap-0-la!!! Put in new starter and worked for 3 - 4 days NO probs. Except the rapid warning BEEPBeepBEEP. Battery good, clean. Seems like a "lock-out" type setting or mode. Do the G's have that? Recognizes the intel-key. All lights up, just nothing when attempt to turn over. Any help would be so great!!! Tks gang!!

Old 07-16-2015, 04:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm having the same issue with the beeping as well. Have you figured it out yet? I've had this problem for the last year now and still have been unable to figure out what's going on.

Old 07-16-2015, 04:53 PM
No, nothing yet. Spoke to my dear dealer service folks twice. They suggested to replace battery in FOB. So, yeah... I played along but of course, didn't change a thing. I've recently discovered that the sensor in the trunk (which prevents you from locking key in trunk) no longer works. Certainly related. I'm running to dealer in a couple weeks. I'll post what I find out. Tks!

Old 11-18-2015, 01:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ranhood
No, nothing yet. Spoke to my dear dealer service folks twice. They suggested to replace battery in FOB. So, yeah... I played along but of course, didn't change a thing. I've recently discovered that the sensor in the trunk (which prevents you from locking key in trunk) no longer works. Certainly related. I'm running to dealer in a couple weeks. I'll post what I find out. Tks!
Seems like I have the same problem. Did you find any useful information from your dealer?

Old 11-18-2015, 03:23 PM
Nothing new. Dealer didn't know. Service Advisor stated they didn't look into it much. They replaced relay/switch in the IPDM for starter problem. So without running some sort of expensive "diagnostic test" they didn't attempt to offer any information or help. It's only associated with driver's door. If I open a rear door, close driver's door first then rear door... no rapid beeping. Or, when getting in car, if another door is open when I close driver's door, again no beeping. So stupid! Let us know what you find out!!!