G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

2003 G35 Sedan bulb confusion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2016, 10:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 G35 Sedan bulb confusion

Hello, I bought a set of D2R bulbs for my daughter's car, hoping that's what she in there, after some online research and having them described looking in through the lens.

She lives at college so I couldn't pull it apart first, which is asking for trouble. Anyway, that is not what she has for the low beam, it's an HID style bulb, i believe, because it has that rod running the length of it. Problem is, i have no idea what bulb it is. It's 2 wires , black and red, running through the cover and plug in about a foot from the bulb.

Closest I could find is an aftermarket made by XENTEC, (sure there are many others on Amazon)

Amazon.com: XENTEC H1 6000K Advanced Slim Alloy Ballast HID Xenon Kit Cool White (H1hlw): Automotive Amazon.com: XENTEC H1 6000K Advanced Slim Alloy Ballast HID Xenon Kit Cool White (H1hlw): Automotive

Question is, any chance this is stock? Or do I just order these and plug em in.

Thanks for reading.

Old 04-17-2016, 10:33 AM
Actually the more i look at it, that must be exactly what she has. 2 bulbs for $10 on Amazon. Guess I'll try that.

Old 04-18-2016, 11:24 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Oh if there was a sticky to explain this........

Her 03 has the non HID low beams so H1 is the appropriate bulb.

Big thanks to G35Papa for putting together this light chart!

Description----------------Bulb Type
HID Low Beam-------------HID-D2R
Non-HID Low Beam --------H1
Fog / High Beam-----------H4 / 9003
Reverse Light--------------W2 / 921
License Plate Light---------168 / 194
Clearance Light------------168 / 194 (03/04 only)
Side Marker---------------168 / 194
Interior Trunk Light -------158 / 168 / 194
Map Lights----------------T6 / DE3175
Dome Lights---------------T6 / DE3175
Step Light-----------------T6 / DE3022
Front Turn Signal----------7440 (03/04 only)---7443 (05/06 only)
Rear Turn Signal-----------7440 (03/04 only)---7443 (05/06 only)

Q - Will coupe body parts fit on my sedan?
Not directly, all parts require a full conversion. Everything except for the fenders will bolt right on but need all parts to work.
The following thread is the only member who has done a complete conversion (as of July 08) https://g35driver.com/forums/media-share-g35-sedan-v35/228778-world-s-first-g35-sedan-coupe-front-end-conversion.html

Q - Can I debadge the emblems on the rear of my 1st gen sedan?
Yes - except for the mount fuji emblem which has rivets (holes). picture here
The other "INFINITI" and "G35" lettering is attached by double sided tape and can be easily removed. The most common way is to heat them with a heat gun and remove with dental floss. Then use goo gone or similar to remove the extra tape. Finish with a good wash, polish and wax.

Q - Can I get rid of the orange marker lights on my bumper?
Yes, the JDM V35 Skyline has clear ones and you can get them from any dealer but some of our sponsors keep them in stock. Grubbs Infiniti, EverythingG35.com and Tony or Jason at Riverside Infiniti.
*Stay away from the ebay ones. They are not much cheaper and not as high quality.

Q - Are there aftermarket headlights for my sedan?
Maybe...
The only options out there for plug-and-play headlights are ebay and clear corners. The ebay ones are low quality 3rd party lights which are black inside. They are only for the non-HID 03/04 sedans. Clear corners makes a LED-halo retrofit and can paint them to your color choice. They are very high quality (with a price to match).

The best option for a decent price is to open up your lights and modify them yourself. Some members have done single and bi-xenon projector retrofits, painted the bezels and installed CCFL halos.

Q - Can I swap my taillights from the 03/04 grid style to the 05/06 circle style?
Yes, they are a direct plug and play swap.

Q - Are there any LED mirror options for my sedan?
Yes but read carefully. Some only fit the JDM models and not the USDM models. Where it says "older style" they mean 03/04 and "newer" is 05/06.
http://japanparts.com/db/partslist.p...maker=&volkey=

Q - Is there a carbon fiber hood for my sedan?
First let me ask why do you want one? The oem sedan hood is aluminum and very light. A CF hood will not help much there and they never fit as well as the oem. Plus it is always a good idea to have hood pins on your CF hood because many are not made for full-time use and the resin on the latch area dries up and gives out.

Stillen makes a full CF hood for the 03/04 sedan to fit their top-mounted supercharger. From time to time you will see one listed on ebay but most of the time they say it will fit 03-06 sedan. Be cautious with these since the 03/04 sedans hood is not the same as the 05/06!

Q - Can I paint my dark gray side sills on my 03/04 sedan?
The best option is to replace them with the Nismo (Aero) sides. But, they can be painted. Some paint shops will say no and others say yes. With the proper prep and right paint/flex agent/clear they can be painted to match. Many members have done it.

Q - Can the door moldings be removed?
Yes, but be aware that there are holes under the moldings. The moldings themselves are held on with double sided tape and "pins" that go inside the holes in the door to keep them straight / in place. So these holes will need to be welded up and re-painted.

Q - What body kit options are there for my sedan?
First off, you need to know that the 03/04 sedan is not the same as the 05/06 sedan. The hood, headlights, grille and front bumper are different and not interchangeable between the two unless you change everything I just listed!

The 05/06 Splash Guards will also fit the 03/04 with minor modifications.
See this thread for details: https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...t-03-04-a.html

The side skirts and rears will swap but the 05/06 does have the trunk pop in the rear bumper.

That being said here are the options I know of and for what years:

03/04 Sedan
Factory Nissan Aero (AKA Nismo, comes painted from dealer) - urethane
Sportec (from Japan, not available in US without being imported) - fiberglass
Ebay Greddy style (does not fit well and will require lots of modification) -fiberglass
Wald lip (not full bumper, just lower lip) - fiberglass
Coupe Impul Style - (from board sponsor Klumzyee's shop, still in final stages of development) - fiberglass
Kuruma Z Style (from sponsor Rookie) - fiberglass
Kurookie side skirts (from sponsor Rookie) - fiberglass
Sedan Impul (from Japan) - fiberglass
Gialla (from Japan) - fiberglass
Stillen (front lip, side skirts and rear valance) - urethane

05/06 Sedan
Oem factory lip (comes painted from dealer) - urethane
Front lip (from sponsor Klumzyee, unpainted) - urethane

The following users liked this post:
damman98 (04-18-2016)
Old 04-18-2016, 07:29 PM
Thanks, I had found that but the previous owner must have changed it out.

Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Oh if there was a sticky to explain this........

Her 03 has the non HID low beams so H1 is the appropriate bulb.

Big thanks to G35Papa for putting together this light chart!

Description----------------Bulb Type
HID Low Beam-------------HID-D2R
Non-HID Low Beam --------H1
Fog / High Beam-----------H4 / 9003
Reverse Light--------------W2 / 921
License Plate Light---------168 / 194
Clearance Light------------168 / 194 (03/04 only)
Side Marker---------------168 / 194
Interior Trunk Light -------158 / 168 / 194
Map Lights----------------T6 / DE3175
Dome Lights---------------T6 / DE3175
Step Light-----------------T6 / DE3022
Front Turn Signal----------7440 (03/04 only)---7443 (05/06 only)
Rear Turn Signal-----------7440 (03/04 only)---7443 (05/06 only)

Q - Will coupe body parts fit on my sedan?
Not directly, all parts require a full conversion. Everything except for the fenders will bolt right on but need all parts to work.
The following thread is the only member who has done a complete conversion (as of July 08) https://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228778

Q - Can I debadge the emblems on the rear of my 1st gen sedan?
Yes - except for the mount fuji emblem which has rivets (holes). picture here
The other "INFINITI" and "G35" lettering is attached by double sided tape and can be easily removed. The most common way is to heat them with a heat gun and remove with dental floss. Then use goo gone or similar to remove the extra tape. Finish with a good wash, polish and wax.

Q - Can I get rid of the orange marker lights on my bumper?
Yes, the JDM V35 Skyline has clear ones and you can get them from any dealer but some of our sponsors keep them in stock. Grubbs Infiniti, EverythingG35.com and Tony or Jason at Riverside Infiniti.
*Stay away from the ebay ones. They are not much cheaper and not as high quality.

Q - Are there aftermarket headlights for my sedan?
Maybe...
The only options out there for plug-and-play headlights are ebay and clear corners. The ebay ones are low quality 3rd party lights which are black inside. They are only for the non-HID 03/04 sedans. Clear corners makes a LED-halo retrofit and can paint them to your color choice. They are very high quality (with a price to match).

The best option for a decent price is to open up your lights and modify them yourself. Some members have done single and bi-xenon projector retrofits, painted the bezels and installed CCFL halos.

Q - Can I swap my taillights from the 03/04 grid style to the 05/06 circle style?
Yes, they are a direct plug and play swap.

Q - Are there any LED mirror options for my sedan?
Yes but read carefully. Some only fit the JDM models and not the USDM models. Where it says "older style" they mean 03/04 and "newer" is 05/06.
http://japanparts.com/db/partslist.p...maker=&volkey=

Q - Is there a carbon fiber hood for my sedan?
First let me ask why do you want one? The oem sedan hood is aluminum and very light. A CF hood will not help much there and they never fit as well as the oem. Plus it is always a good idea to have hood pins on your CF hood because many are not made for full-time use and the resin on the latch area dries up and gives out.

Stillen makes a full CF hood for the 03/04 sedan to fit their top-mounted supercharger. From time to time you will see one listed on ebay but most of the time they say it will fit 03-06 sedan. Be cautious with these since the 03/04 sedans hood is not the same as the 05/06!

Q - Can I paint my dark gray side sills on my 03/04 sedan?
The best option is to replace them with the Nismo (Aero) sides. But, they can be painted. Some paint shops will say no and others say yes. With the proper prep and right paint/flex agent/clear they can be painted to match. Many members have done it.

Q - Can the door moldings be removed?
Yes, but be aware that there are holes under the moldings. The moldings themselves are held on with double sided tape and "pins" that go inside the holes in the door to keep them straight / in place. So these holes will need to be welded up and re-painted.

Q - What body kit options are there for my sedan?
First off, you need to know that the 03/04 sedan is not the same as the 05/06 sedan. The hood, headlights, grille and front bumper are different and not interchangeable between the two unless you change everything I just listed!

The 05/06 Splash Guards will also fit the 03/04 with minor modifications.
See this thread for details: https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...t-03-04-a.html

The side skirts and rears will swap but the 05/06 does have the trunk pop in the rear bumper.

That being said here are the options I know of and for what years:

03/04 Sedan
Factory Nissan Aero (AKA Nismo, comes painted from dealer) - urethane
Sportec (from Japan, not available in US without being imported) - fiberglass
Ebay Greddy style (does not fit well and will require lots of modification) -fiberglass
Wald lip (not full bumper, just lower lip) - fiberglass
Coupe Impul Style - (from board sponsor Klumzyee's shop, still in final stages of development) - fiberglass
Sedan Impul (from Japan) - fiberglass
Gialla (from Japan) - fiberglass
Stillen (front lip, side skirts and rear valance) - urethane

05/06 Sedan
Oem factory lip (comes painted from dealer) - urethane
Front lip (from sponsor Klumzyee, unpainted) - urethane

Old 04-19-2016, 09:51 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Looks like an HID retrofit kit. Look at the bottom front corner of the headlight lens. If it's a halogen headlight assembly, it will say "H1" in the bottom corner. If it's an HID assembly, it will say D2R.

H1 is normally a halogen bulb. They only exist in HID form as a aftermarket kit/bulb.

The following users liked this post:
damman98 (04-19-2016)