G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Pull To The Right

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 03:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Pull To The Right

I HAVE A 2004 G-35 SEDAN THAT HAS HAD A SLIGHT PULL TO THE RIGHT FROM THE DAY BOUGHT IT . I 'VE TAKEN IT BACK AND THEY FOUND THAT THEY NEEDED TO INSTALL A COMPRESSION ROD . THIS DAMMPERED THE EFFECT SOME ,BUT DID NOT SLOVE THE PROBLEM. AFTER SEVERAL RETURNS BACK TO THE DEALER , I NOTICE THAT EVERY LOANER CALL I USED HAD THAT SAME P[ULL TO THE RIGHT. IS THERE ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCING THAT SAME PULL TO THE RIGHT.
THANKS
FLYBOY

Old 02-28-2005, 04:12 PM
I have an 03, but it tracks straighter than any other car I have owned.

Old 02-28-2005, 04:26 PM
Are you sure its not the curvature of the road. Many roads are a little higher in the middle (or worn down towards the sides) hence the car will pull to the right when your hands are taken off the steering wheel.

Old 02-28-2005, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by FLYBOY
I HAVE A 2004 G-35 SEDAN THAT HAS HAD A SLIGHT PULL TO THE RIGHT FROM THE DAY BOUGHT IT . I 'VE TAKEN IT BACK AND THEY FOUND THAT THEY NEEDED TO INSTALL A COMPRESSION ROD . THIS DAMMPERED THE EFFECT SOME ,BUT DID NOT SLOVE THE PROBLEM. AFTER SEVERAL RETURNS BACK TO THE DEALER , I NOTICE THAT EVERY LOANER CALL I USED HAD THAT SAME P[ULL TO THE RIGHT. IS THERE ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCING THAT SAME PULL TO THE RIGHT.
THANKS
FLYBOY
I had the same exact problem since day one. My dealer did 2 alignments and installed the compression rod (via the TSB) and like you said, I still had a bad pull to the right. They then concluded it was caused by at least 2 radial pulls from the GY GSD's and they replaced ALL 4 tires for me with my choice of tires under warranty (Michelin Pilot Sport A/S in the Plus 0 size of 235/50/17...a little wider ). I take it you have GY GSD's...they suck!! Have your dealer replace your tires under warranty b/c your tires are defective...they have radial pulls that cannot be fixed!!! Now, with my new Michelin's (which are much better btw...better grip, longer wear, and wider contact patch), there's no pull at all. I am very happy with the new tires, especially since they cost me nothing.

Last edited by bsgoren; 02-28-2005 at 08:23 PM.
Old 02-28-2005, 09:26 PM
I have the same issue with my 03.5. It drifts to the right in about 7 seconds only during highway speed, there's a TSB for it. But when I took the G to the dealer, the incompetent service advisor and the service technican said they couldn't reproduce it.
I even went back to show the technician how it was drifting to the right (went on Lane number 1; fast lane) once I let go of my hand. He was in the car and even saw it drifted to the right. I asked him if he thinks the highway was leveled, he said, "ummm... it's hard to tell." So where da hell did he tested and not able to reproduce it at all?
But I can tell that the lane I was on actually was higher on the right side than the left. Left the car there for another day, and got a call the next day said they still cannot reproduce it.
I might just go to another dealer in bay area to check this again.

Old 02-28-2005, 10:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think bsgoren is right on the money. Had the same problem, it started at about 4K miles; infiniti could not fix it with aligments;Good year replace the tires and the problem went away to resuface after few thousand miles. They replace the compression rod with no improvement, moved the rear left tire to the front (had some uneven wear,) the car stopped drifting. I will avoid directional tires or at least the GDYs. Loaner I had with Brigdgestones did not drift at all.

Old 03-01-2005, 01:32 AM
I did not know there was a TSB on this???
I had the same slight drift on 03.5, my first alignment did not fix it so I went back again after a few months and they just balanced the tires again and it seemed to have helped but it still has a little pull to right at highway speeds.

cke73,
which bayarea dealer you went to? I go to Frontier Infiniti and sometimes I get the feeling they give u the run around. Please let me know if you have any luck with this at the dealer so I can get the same thing. I have 28k now so not sure if dealer will fix this kind of thing.

Anyone know what is the deal with the TSB to replace the rods, Anyone has anything on it?
Thanks

Old 03-01-2005, 01:42 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Old 03-01-2005, 01:48 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
By the way...which dealers are you guys going to in the bay area? I always go to Serramonte and deal with Jon their service manager and they always took care of me and my TSB issues (defective homelink and rattle, broken trim). It may be time to change the dealerships you use for service!

Old 03-01-2005, 02:59 PM
Again, many of you with this pull-to-the-right problem will not go away with the TSB b/c it may be caused by radial pulls on your GY tires. Ask your dealer...if they determine that the problem is caused by the tires themselves (radial pulls), then you have defective tires, and the dealer should be able to replace all of them free of charge under your warranty. This is especially true if you have the GY GSD's (unidirectional) which many are known to have radial pulls. I had a new control arm installed via that TSB and still had a bad pull to the right; it was the GY GSD's all along. Now that my dealer replaced all 4 tires with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S (235/50/17), my car drives straight; no pull, and it handles better.

Last edited by bsgoren; 03-01-2005 at 03:04 PM.
Old 03-01-2005, 05:33 PM
I was chatting with the service rep at the dealer today, and he told me that G35s aren't shipped with a neutral bias -- they're designed with a slight bias to the right.

Has anyone else heard that?