G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

frontend creeking/ bad welds?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2005 | 08:41 PM
|
frontend creeking/ bad welds?

I've been reading the posts about how people are have the "front end creeking problem" on 2003 sedans, which I also have, and I just heard something from a dealer that was disturbing to me. After replacing the front end suspension, with no results, the dealer is telling me that they think its due to some bad welds on the chassis. They said they've seen it on a few cars and that the welds can be fixed. I'm definitely not ok with that. They told me that they've done it to a few cars already and that it will fix the problem. I called infiniti's consumer affairs and there looking into it. I've seen a few of the solutions that the posts are pointing to, but has anyone heard this one yet.

Old 03-01-2005 | 09:14 PM
Bad welds? That is scary since I think most of the welding would be computerized (meaning more than just a few bad welds). I would think that this type of problem would be more related to suspension breaking in, or due to loosened bolts.

Unless these guys can show you exactly what welds they are talking about, I'd be more inclined to believe that they are full of crap, or somehow miscommunicated what they really intended to say.

Old 03-02-2005 | 12:30 AM
|
[QUOTE
Unless these guys can show you exactly what welds they are talking about, I'd be more inclined to believe that they are full of crap, or somehow miscommunicated what they really intended to say.[/QUOTE]

Consumer affairs at infiniti told me that the dealer had checked with their technical data base concerning my car. I really don't think these guys know what their doing. Location wise the only thing they would tell me is that its somewhere under the air cleaner on the chassis. They want me to just drop my car off for a few days so they can fix the weld. Yeah right.

Old 03-02-2005 | 01:22 AM
I actually had the problem on my 03.5 G. The problem was with so called, "spot weld". The symptom of my car when I reported the issue was a clicking sound coming from front left every time when I turned the wheel all the way to the left.

They said it was along the front wheel area where 2 sheet metals connects (overlap to connect each other with spot welding). It was brought to the body shop for repair which did fixed the problem.

I also reportied the creeking sound coming from the right front end, but the spot welding fix didn't correct the creeking sound.

On a side note, Sacramento Infiniti services seems pretty incompetent to me. I also reported other issues (1. drifts to the right during high speed, 2. noise from the back seats going over uneven/rough road, and 3. rocking driver seat) at the same time, but they said they couldn't reproduce 1 and 3.

I think they were trying to brush it off because they had the car for 7 days and only fixed the spot welds and noise from the rear seat. I spoke to the service adivisor several times and I kept asking if I need to come in to replicate these for them and he kept on telling me no need. The last time I spoke to the service advisor, he even raised his voice and argued with me, the customer, "we are not going to perform any fixes for your car anymore because we cannot reproduce it! It's been here for 7 days!"

It was so unprofessional. How can they treat me, as a customer like that when I was gave so much of my patience. So much for the long story. I just want to say that not sure how much they told me is exactly what the issue was because they seem pretty incompetent on the services I asked them to perform. None of the TSB was performed even though it seems to me the right front creeking noise and the drifting issues were all matching the symptoms described in TSB.