G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

A FUSE! A FUSE! A Kingdom for my FUSE!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2017, 02:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A FUSE! A FUSE! A Kingdom for my FUSE!

Hello fellow vq35s,

My name is andy and I may have screwed up. I own a 06 manual trans g35 sedan and I was pulling the airbag fuse for my car since the srs light is on. Since I was in such an uncomfortable position down there I figured I would check every fuse. After pulling each fuse and replacing it, I came to the realization that my climate control is not working. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE SYSTEM SINCE I WAS USING IT LITERALLY BEFORE PULLIN THE FUSES. I looked all over on the interwebs but have been unlucky to find this specific issue anywhere. I attached the following pictures to aid the effort. Basically there is a blue wire that i feel may have been unplugged when I was working. I posted pictures of it in this post. I dont know if this is a power wire or a ground, frankly I can't find much information at all. To recap the issue is that the climate control dials, featuring the headsup temp display is not getting power, but the interior lights still turn on in the console. It must be related to the fuse box since that was where we ran into trouble. Any advice is appreciated and if this has already been discussed please point me in the right direction, I have been lookin since it is winter time and I have no heat. Let me know if the photos dont post they are jpegs.

Sincere Thanks,
Andy

Last edited by sas555; 11-23-2017 at 02:15 PM.
Old 11-23-2017, 02:42 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Insert the photos through the chat options, whatever you did to post didn't work.

The following users liked this post:
sas555 (12-24-2017)
Old 11-23-2017, 03:11 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
So you think you may have snagged a wire and unplugged it accidently yes?

Also, did you have the ignition key in the OFF position when you were pulling fuses? If not it's likely you blew a fuse when you plugged it back in but hot installing one OR damaged a component by hot swapping a fuse.

I'm grinding my teeth at the though of someone trying to pull the fuse for the SRS to make the light on the cluster go away instead of diagnosing and repairing the actual issue >.<that SRS disabled signal is being transmitted by the Diagnosis Sensor Unit over the CAN system which is then interpreted by the combination meter who is turning the light on.

There is also not a blue wire anywhere on the schematic for the SRS, a couple that use a blue STRIPE but no blue wire. It sounds like you unplugged something for the unified meter and control amp.

Fuse # 13 controls the SRS system, bottom row, second from the left, 10Amp

Fuse # 12 controls a TON of stuff including the AC amp, bottom row, farthest to the left, 10Amp

sas555 (12-24-2017)
Old 11-23-2017, 04:02 PM
Old 11-23-2017, 04:03 PM
Old 11-23-2017, 04:08 PM
Hey,

Thank you for the quick reply. I was pulling the airbag fuse to make sure that wasn't the reason the light was on per the srs booklet, I only have snippets from. I managed to get the pictures posted, needed to use a computer instead of tablet. Please let me know where that wire should end up and if im missing any fuses. It is solid blue connector with red wire, picture would have made clear, and I dont know where to put it back. I apologize if this is an easy issue but I only understand engines, wiring still scares me. I think that someone may have done something custom, I dont know. I bought the car second hand. Please anything you can add will help, THANK YOU SO MUCH

Old 11-23-2017, 06:40 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Ok I think I see what's going on here, that black piece with the red wire is NOT factory wiring I think. It appears to be taking up the fuse space for both the cigarette lighter AND the: [tilt, keyless entry, mirrors, ac amp, all vehicle lamps, audio system, navigation, phone, etc]. It looks like a fancy fuse power tap or relay of some sort?

Does the vehicle have an aftermarket car alarm? That would be my guess, if not then what DOES it have that's an aftermarket electronics system, probably don't include stereo since those connections are all made behind the center console into factory wiring. You should be able to see where the other end of this wire plugs in though? It might be going to some component tucked up under the knee panel of the dash trim.

Here is a shot of my 2006 coupe fuse block junction block, you can see I have a 10 and 15 amp fuse plugged in next to the fuse puller.

sas555 (12-24-2017)
Old 11-27-2017, 05:27 PM
Hey,

So I tried to remove the suspected power tap, replaced with the fuses, to see if removing it would solve it but it did not. I believe that the wire must go into the bank above it. Would you know which of the ports lead to the A/C controls? If i am not so lucky would you know of any literature or the name for this even hahaha. If you have any guesses about where this goes or what the other end of the connection could look like. Anything you can do will help thanks

Old 11-27-2017, 05:33 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
No clue whatsoever, I suggest you start taking the dash apart or take it down to a local reputable stereo shop because those guys are usually really good at electronic issues like that and will typically repair for much less than the dealership. Just make sure it's a REPUTABLE shop that specializes in car audio.

sas555 (12-24-2017)
Old 12-03-2017, 01:57 PM
Hey,

sorry for the late reply. I took off the lower kickplate and looked for the wires connection and found no loose wires or anything that looked like an aftermarket connection. So since the following dont work { heated seats, temp display next to clock, defrosters, and the whole display doesn't light up} I assume the whole system isnt getting power. Do you know by chance where I can get any wiring diagrams for the system, 06 year, so that I can trace the wires back and maybe find the connection or make my own. I haven't messed with the center console yet but I will probably take that out soon. I want to try to avoid taking it to a shop since im a college student and already have to pay to fix the airbag($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$STEALERSHIP$$$$). So unless i can fix it it wont get fixed so anything will help. THANKS

Old 12-03-2017, 04:23 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Fortunately the ENTIRE factory service manual is available online here.

http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/inf...e-manuals.html

PG is the section you probably want, Power and Grounding.

With that many systems not functioning you might also check the Fusible link and the IPDM (engine fuse box) located in the battery compartment, remove the ***-snaps for the plastic cover and the whole thing pops off for easier access. Battery needs to be removed to fully access the IPDM and make sure to get the cover snapped back on properly.

The '06 FSM also has a file called IDX that's useful as a keyword index.

EDIT: Normally the FSM starts with the file FWD

sas555 (12-24-2017)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.