G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

G35x vs Legacy GT ltd

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 06:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Therefore, an M35/45 is in fact a glorified version of the G35. Dose it make the M any less car then it is, NO.
No it makes it what it is..awesome and desired by people who have 55k to spend. Stay focused. THe subbie point is not about platform sharing it's about platform evolution and the fact the new one is just a reiteration of the same old flawed principles. Like I said it's a great car in it's class. Stop telling me to grow up it'll never happen and you'll never convince many people to care much for a camry/accord fighter. Sorry but reality is what it is.

Old 03-16-2005, 07:04 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by SixFive
No it makes it what it is..awesome and desired by people who have 55k to spend. Stay focused. THe subbie point is not about platform sharing it's about platform evolution and the fact the new one is just a reiteration of the same old flawed principles. Like I said it's a great car in it's class. Stop telling me to grow up it'll never happen and you'll never convince many people to care much for a camry/accord fighter. Sorry but reality is what it is.
Do you care to inform me what cars are in the same class of the subie GT LTD?

Old 03-16-2005, 08:15 PM
The FM-platform has been around for a while slick. It sounds to me like you cannot come up with a compatible argument in regards to this thread. In his world, the G35 rules all & the sad part is he does not realize that in the world of cars (among other things technological) there will always be something better. Not to say the Legacy is better per se, but it does shed some light on what is to come as far as Infiniti, BMW, & Lexus are concerned. Subaru has some catching up to do in the refinement department, & to be honest so does Infiniti, but they are defiantly in the right direction. By no means do I think Infiniti is second rate, but it did take Nissan a while to get the interior more refined. Nonetheless, the 05’s are a marked improvement. The G35 is a great overall package & so is the Legacy GT Ltd., & to compare it to a Camry & or Accord is just childish. As you & many others have said, “You can’t compare the Legacy to the G35. Different drive trains, different classes, Etc….” The same can be said about your comparison. In the BMW world, many of those people laugh at the consistent comparisons of the G35 & their 3 series. To them you are the Legacy GT Ltd.

Last edited by Ippo; 03-16-2005 at 08:25 PM.
Old 03-17-2005, 08:38 AM
Do you care to inform me what cars are in the same class of the subie GT LTD?
No look it up

Old 03-17-2005, 11:43 AM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No look it up
LOL I didn't think so.

Old 03-17-2005, 12:42 PM
raises all-in
Mazda 6, Toyota Camry, Honda Accord, Volvo S40

Old 03-17-2005, 02:15 PM
Was anyone around the edmunds site on the entry lux boards a year or so ago when there were a couple guys that thought the 06 subbie legacy should be part of the group and after the site editor said, "This car does not belong in the entry lux class", they tried for months to get the car moved over but to no avail. All new cars are great and better than the best car just 10 years ago; still doesn't mean you can turn water into wine!

Old 03-17-2005, 02:34 PM
Went with a LGT over a G35 and CTS. Wanted a manual transmission, RWD or AWD, decent performance, and a sedan/hatchback or wagon for under 30K.

Liked the lighter feel, cheaper price, and future mod potential the turbo provided. All are great cars for the price though.

And Infiniti is a master of trying to turn water into wine! I still see G20s around from time to time.

-B

Old 03-17-2005, 06:51 PM
Lip
Beanboy- Nice choice- The GT is a pretty darn good value, no question about it.
I went with the G, but then again, I also am deeper in debt
Hey not sure about you , but the CTS really impressed me. The killer was the resale value and it was priced pretty darn high at the end of the day, even with incentives.
But that car handled damn decent and it was quick. Styling is love or leave it, but I thought it was a nice effort-

Old 03-17-2005, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by dirrtybear
Mazda 6, Toyota Camry, Honda Accord, Volvo S40
No even close son, try again. In fact, reread the links. The legacy is also a tad faster then the G35. Not to mention the mod potential. http://cobbtuning.com/legacy/. Check out the staged power packages.

Old 03-17-2005, 07:08 PM
And the Legacy GT Ltd. Is relatively new. What like 2003 as a 2004 model to now?

Old 03-17-2005, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by Ippo
No even close son, try again. In fact, reread the links. The legacy is also a tad faster then the G35. Not to mention the mod potential. http://cobbtuning.com/legacy/. Check out the staged power packages.
What class are you dreaming it's in? 911, vette, viper and M5? Right...

As soon as I actually worry about whether a subbie (or a c6 for that matter, someone is always faster) can outrun me at the track, I'll remember that I'm not at the track. And the chance the driver would even launch the car in order to get G beating times are remote if even possible from a given driver. What's in that eternally optimistic water you been drinking man?

Old 03-17-2005, 09:10 PM
What class are you dreaming it's in? 911, vette, viper and M5? Right...

As soon as I actually worry about whether a subbie (or a c6 for that matter, someone is always faster) can outrun me at the track, I'll remember that I'm not at the track. And the chance the driver would even launch the car in order to get G beating times are remote if even possible from a given driver. What's in that eternally optimistic water you been drinking man?
You are a sad sad little man. You just were knocked off your high horse & are scrambling to get back on. You remind me of a fly buzzing around my head. “Help me I can’t put together a cognitive thought. Help me, buzz, buzz, buzz”. The fact remands, the Legacy is an excellent candidate to compete against the G35, & mod per dollar owns it. All the money you spent on mod’s for your G35 you could have used to get a stage 1 or 2, maybe even better if you had the Legacy & still get better times then what you got in your G35. Let us be real here the 03’s interior pale’s in comparison to the 05’s & even the Legacy. So do not even start that argument.

Old 03-17-2005, 11:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ippo, aside from berating various list members, have you thought about becoming a subaru salesman? You make some compleeing arguments

When the subie came out I went to test drive it to see what all the hoopla was about. It's a very good car. I agree with others about fit and finish which I feel don't match Infiniti's standards

My main beef was the engine. If you clutch dump and flogg it all the way to redline, it's very impressive. But for around town normal driving, it feels gutless in the lower RPM range and then all the power comes on in a big rush. Not a very linear accelerator.

Finally, there is just no way that 4cyl turbo engine is going to hold up to spritited driving over the long haul. Start modding it and sure you get some fat HP gains but your also on the fast track to engine grenading.

The G35 is a more refined car and the extra cost supports that assumption

Old 03-17-2005, 11:54 PM
Lip, the CTS was nice. The 3.6L slipped in as the base engine for what, a year? A used 6sp manual would be a nice find (and cheap).

shodog, the turbo 4 in the LGT should last a while, very similar engine is under higher psi and with a bigger turbo in the STi, along with an additional 50HP. Should bode well for the long haul, but won't know for sure for a few years.

Interesting how you thought the LGT motor is peaky. Coming from the motorcycle world and high-RPM world of 4-cylinder autos, the LGT feels like a diesel in comparision, hehe. Some standard first mods (uppipe, remap) are supposed to really wake-up the low end. Will be taking the plunge at the end of the summer after everybody with remaps experiences the high temps of summer without any problems.

Friend of mine just got the TL, tried to convince him to go LGT or G35, but he wouldn't listen. Now complaining about torque steer. At the end of the day, at least G35/LGT owners can say their cars don't have wrong-wheel drive with 250HP+ on tap.

-B

Last edited by Beanboy; 03-17-2005 at 11:56 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35x vs Legacy GT ltd