G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

G35x vs Legacy GT ltd

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 05:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bsgoren
Looks like someone has backed himself into a corner and has no way out. Ippo - you really don't have a digital camera (with a memory card) and a USB port? Are you sure these aren't just excuses to cover up some untruths you've told? You seem to evade questions rather well; most others on this Forum would already have several pics of their car already uploaded onto their pc and/or and within a matter of minutes, go take a few more pics and post up a cool pic or two of their G35. If you can't do this, then ppl will think you're just another Subbie who covertly makes shiit up in order to gain leverage and credibiity.
Here you go. I signed it in BLOOD (J/K).

Attached Thumbnails G35x vs Legacy GT ltd-ippo-1.jpg   G35x vs Legacy GT ltd-ippo-2.jpg   G35x vs Legacy GT ltd-ippo-3.jpg  

Last edited by Ippo; 03-18-2005 at 05:56 PM.
Old 03-18-2005, 06:34 PM
I know what I am talking about, I own a G35 & I have driven the Legacy. You can nit-pick my posts for a reason to justify yourselves but I know where I stand. This is a car enthusiast forum & he asked for some viewpoints on the two & I gave him some. You came looking to defend something for which I did not attack and that is your choice. If you do not like my viewpoint fine but to accuse me of hating on the G is on you. I made no such statement. As I have told you, I like both & they have their ups & downs. As for being gung-ho for boxing I merely responded to SixFive’s thuggish attitude in kind. I had no intention & could care less of INTIMIDATING anyone I have no need. I did not start the negativity I gave a different side to this in the form of educated info. You & a few others did not like it, so be it. Do not ever put words in my mouth or assume anything about which you know nothing about. For calejohnson, I did not setout to insult him nor do I think I have (by the way none taken). I do hope instead of all the drama some come away from this thread with a newfound knowledge of the Legacy GT Ltd. They are both great cars as I have said MANY times, so choose & have fun.

Old 03-18-2005, 07:36 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Ippo
You can learn a lot from a dummy. Paid for by GeeWilikers & brought to you by the letter R.
This one also made me laugh to the point of tears. Now I'm sitting here next to a box of Kleenex.

Those pictures (hmm, how to put this? ponder, ponder...) look a little suspect. Whoever cropped them for you needs a little more practice. The placement of your name placard seems to move around a bit from shot to shot as well.

No matter to me. All this banter tired me out. I need a nap.

Old 03-18-2005, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by GeeWillikers
This one also made me laugh to the point of tears. Now I'm sitting here next to a box of Kleenex.

Those pictures (hmm, how to put this? ponder, ponder...) look a little suspect. Whoever cropped them for you needs a little more practice. The placement of your name placard seems to move around a bit from shot to shot as well.

No matter to me. All this banter tired me out. I need a nap.
Believe what you like I can care less. I cropped (poorly I might add) the pictures because my neighbors were outside & did not take to kindly to me taking pictures with them in it. Your right that was funny though, but all bullshiiting aside they are both great cars. To be honest though I wish they would release the Legacy Sti. That would be cool. Not to mention the GT-R which if I had the money would be mine no questions asked (if the wife does not find out first) shhhh!

Last edited by Ippo; 03-18-2005 at 07:50 PM.
Old 03-18-2005, 08:03 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Legacy STi? That would be something to see. It would need more juice than the WRX STi though IMO.

Agree both are great cars, and you do know your $hit. Never said otherwise.

Truce on the silly $hit, I was mostly dorking around - too much time on my hands today. Probably took it too far.. I get slap-happy on Friday afternoons.

Brought to you by the letter R. That $hit was funny. LOL..

Old 03-18-2005, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by GeeWillikers
Legacy STi? That would be something to see. It would need more juice than the WRX STi though IMO.

Agree both are great cars, and you do know your $hit. Never said otherwise.

Truce on the silly $hit, I was mostly dorking around - too much time on my hands today. Probably took it too far.. I get slap-happy on Friday afternoons.

Brought to you by the letter R. That $hit was funny. LOL..
I guess we both should “start having a great life”, you know living with inspiration. The older ones were powerful but stock for stock the WRX STI is in a different category. http://www.subaru-sti.co.jp/. There is a lot of cool info. In there. They are the older Legacy STI, & Blitzen versions, but they are still awesome.

Old 03-18-2005, 08:29 PM
I would think if they were to release it, they would probably use the same engine in there now for the US market & tune it to or close to the current USDM STI. At least I hope they would. Here is the 2003 Blitzen site http://www.subaru-sti.co.jp/blitzen2003/index.html.

Last edited by Ippo; 03-18-2005 at 08:36 PM.
Old 03-19-2005, 05:55 AM
I personally prefer naturally aspirated engine more than supercharged or turbocharged ones. Plus, 05 G35 has at least 30 more horsepower than a 2.5GT Legacy. I would say forget about the premium package on the G, get one with navi and sport package only.

Old 03-19-2005, 06:38 AM
Misanthropic nut-cracker
Originally Posted by jmcumming
What this forum needs is a lot more e-thuggin. Thug it up peoples.
Yeah....wigger thugg'n in North Carolina . Morrisville's most wanted huh ? Yeesch! LOL

Old 03-19-2005, 02:09 PM
Lip
This is addressed at this thread:
Most people I come across couldn't give a damn about my passion for cars. As I'm not in the car business, I tend to hang out on sites like this so I can yack about cars all day....
My last car was a Passat. I've had plenty of experience with Infinitis, Subes, Bimmers, Mercs, Porsches, Lexus, and BMWs, owned some, sibling own others. I actually chose the Infiniti over the 330xi because I don't like the baggage that comes along with owning that car. Funny? (my old man thinks so) Maybe- I thought I could sneak into work without raising questions about my comp plan, yet I'd have the power, dealer support, and luxury that the Passat couldn't really offer, even in W8 form.

While the Passat was slow, I actually really liked my Passat.

My new G is no doubt a different animal ! However, the car cost just a few thousand more than a fully loaded Passat that has been discounted ! Yet, I have been blow away by this fact- everybody who sees this car is says, "whoa nice car"
I get a lot of "Good Call" s and " Nice choice " and "you finally went Japanese, smart".

And then my car buddies immediatly started to dis my old Passat for it being a VW.
I guess the badge is very important to most people. Of course the badges are coming off of my car soon, so I can't wait to hear what people say then .. ..
I thought the Sube was a nice car, the best they had ever produced for the American market. And you can modify them easily.
You can mod the G just as easily.

I'm a car guy, I like hanging out with other car lovers. I always get a kick out of those who think there **** is better than the next guys, and that makes them more of an expert, or more of a car guy. The VW folks on VWVortex are like that. It's a joke. Why go to war with those who are most similar to yourself?
Look we are all out here because we have a passion. Just enjoy it. Sure it's fun to figure out which car is fastest, but props to the winner. Doesn't mean you have to hate. Enjoy the fact that you can have the argument with somebody who even cares.

Last edited by Lip; 03-19-2005 at 02:13 PM.
Old 03-19-2005, 04:44 PM
I could not make up my mind either, so I have my G35 sedan 6spd and a new 5spd Legact GT wagon. I love the performance of both. You can easily make a Camaro look bad on a wet road with the Legacy. However, I don't like the idea that I can't even get XM radio or navigation for the Legacy.

Old 03-21-2005, 12:21 AM
Hay guys. So i recently gave up my impreza wrx STi, as fun as it was, it did not have daily driving qualities i could live with. So in the past couple of weeks i've been tossed up on the Legacy GT, Acura TL, and the G35 sedan. The Acura is clearly out, front wheel drive sucks, can't go that way. The tug of war in my head is between the Legacy and G35. As much as i wanted to get the legacy because of the love for the STi and the regular wrx i had before that, after test driving them both again this weekend, i can't go back to a subie. The best part about that car is only after the turbo kicks in from the lag, by the time that happens i'm on someones *** in southern cali traffic, before that it's plain slow. The quality is no where near that of a G. The G put a way bigger smile on my and the little ladies face. I'm not going back to a subie and i can't wait to get the G! It's alot more car for your dollar. Period.

Old 03-21-2005, 12:21 PM
genrec, how was the lag down low in comparision to the STi? And is it automatic or manual?

How much are people getting off sticker for G35s?

-B
LGT