G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Saving dollars, getting more?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 12:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Options idea...Saving dollars, getting more?

What do you think?

If you got the sunroof option for $1,000 and opted out of the premium pack you'd save $2,150 right?

Here's what you get w/ the pack.

Sunroof.
222-watt Bose® premium audio system with 7 speakers and Nd™ woofer.
Driver's seat memory.
Steering wheel memory.
Power tilt and telescoping steering wheel.
Reclining rear seatbacks with adjustable outboard head restraints.
Dual-zone climate control with microfiltration.
Auto on/off headlights.
Electrochromic auto-dimming inside mirror.
One-touch open/close rear windows.
HomeLink® Universal Transceiver.

Remove the sunroof.

Ok, so you don't get the rear seatbacks (which is a cool feature), an dyou don't get the other stuff. But for $2,100 you could get a much better stereo, right.

So now i'm thinking 6MT w/ Sunroof, aero pack, splashguards, and I'll put in my own kick a$$ stereo and still save a grand.

Feedback, would I regret it?

Last edited by Downtown; 03-24-2005 at 12:29 AM.
Old 03-24-2005, 01:37 AM
It's Lonely At The Bottom
Lightbulb

Get everything besides the navigation system. You will not regret it. Unless you opt for the Navi system...

Old 03-24-2005, 08:48 AM
Originally Posted by Downtown
What do you think?

If you got the sunroof option for $1,000 and opted out of the premium pack you'd save $2,150 right?

Here's what you get w/ the pack.

Sunroof.
222-watt Bose® premium audio system with 7 speakers and Nd™ woofer.
Driver's seat memory.
Steering wheel memory.
Power tilt and telescoping steering wheel.
Reclining rear seatbacks with adjustable outboard head restraints.
Dual-zone climate control with microfiltration.
Auto on/off headlights.
Electrochromic auto-dimming inside mirror.
One-touch open/close rear windows.
HomeLink® Universal Transceiver.

Remove the sunroof.

Ok, so you don't get the rear seatbacks (which is a cool feature), an dyou don't get the other stuff. But for $2,100 you could get a much better stereo, right.

So now i'm thinking 6MT w/ Sunroof, aero pack, splashguards, and I'll put in my own kick a$$ stereo and still save a grand.

Feedback, would I regret it?
The Sedan premium package also includes:

Smart Key (key less entry, lock up, ignition, and can program the memory seat to two different drivers/keys)

Also the drivers seat and steering column automatically retract when you exit the car- when you enter they return to your programed location.

Old 03-24-2005, 09:31 AM
Right, if you get the auto. But what if I buy the stick?

Old 03-24-2005, 02:53 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
If you buy the stick you'll be complaining that the tranny makes weird vibe noises and that the clutch goes 'whoo-whoo' over 5000 RPMs...

(okay - it was a bad joke.. made me laugh though..)

Your idea sounds great. I have the premium C and don't regret getting it one bit. The thing I didn't think I'd want is the sunroof. I was wrong. I use it all the time. The last car I ahd didn't have one so I didn't see the need - I'm glad I got it.

Almost bought a 6MT but went with the auto. Don't regret that either.

Good luck with your choice and your purchase.

Old 03-24-2005, 03:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Intelligent key doesn't come with the premium package on the 6MT.

I'm with you downtown, I saw no value in the premium package for the 6MT. Yea the Bose system sounds like a good add on, but I haven't read a good review about it. I don't have a garage, so homelink doesn't help. I have manually turned on my headlights for the 7 years I have been driving. The only thing I would like to add a la carte is the auto-dimming rear view, it just think it's a cool feature.

I will warn you, if you want an 2005, act fast. I say this because not many dealers will ask Infiniti for Gs without premium. (this was my experience). So I knew that since I didn't want premium, I was going to have to order and wait 3 months (almost down to 1 now!). I had read/heard some where (sorry don't remember where) that Infiniti will be stopping production of the 2005s soon, so you best get that order in and put down the deposit!

Not sure where you are located, but if you are around Mass/Boston area let me know, I ordered my 6MT without premium for about $200 over invoice back in early Feb. (See my sig).

Old 03-24-2005, 03:17 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
6mt is going to cost more the auto. At first I didnt anything but the 6 speed, but I dont regret getting the premium package. All the features are great. What kind of price are you looking at?

Old 03-24-2005, 03:24 PM
Are you saying that the manual will be more then the auto because the manuals are a bit more rare? The 6MT's are $250 cheaper then the AT on the sticker...

Old 03-24-2005, 04:50 PM
Thanks guys

I'm still in the decision making mode.

Just came back from a Loooooooooooooooonnnngggg excellent 6mt test drive. The stereo is so, so (at this price range, great for anything less), but I might take your idea of ordering MT w/o the Premium.

I can get these things through vpp, so I'm not to worried after I make my choice.

You guys were helpful, thanks a bunch.

Old 03-24-2005, 06:57 PM
Oh, you're in Houston, go to Grubbs, I haven't read a bad thing about them, especially if you are doing VPP

Old 03-25-2005, 01:28 PM
Great question DT. I'm definitely not hating on the Premium package, but I went 6MT with just the sunroof and haven't regretted it one bit. The base stereo is basically the same as the bose "upgrade" (just missing the sub in the rear deck, which you can add-on for cheap) and all the other features are nice to haves, not must haves. If money wasn't an issue, I'd probably have sprung for the premium just because, but I get a huge satisfaction from getting this much car for under $30K.

To be honest, manual headlights are strangely cheap on this car, since my '87 Saab and 75% of new cars today have auto lights. If I bought the auto, I would have leaned towards Premium because of the intelli-key, the seat assist/memory, and the rear vents .... but the manual premium doesn't have these features.

You'll still have a sunroof, leather, HIDS, six-disc changer, and the absolute best feature: heated seats with the base + sunroof