G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

You have got to be ****ting me (broken windshield)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 11:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The exact same thing happened to me last week driving from Phoenix to LA, just a small rock from the back of a truck and before I knew it a 12 inch crack. I too have full coverage, but I wonder if the extent of the damage has something to do with poor quality.

Old 04-01-2005, 01:25 AM
I had a chance to talk to the Safelite guy in some detail, and he told me he has done 14 Infinities besides mine...kinda weird, no?

Old 04-01-2005, 10:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I heard somewhere that "Le Cost Cutter" Carlos Ghosn made Nissan go with a thinner glass.

Old 04-02-2005, 09:16 PM
My experience with a Safelite windshield replacement reads more like a horror story. After living with the cracked windshields in both G35 and Subaru cars for months, I finally broke down and scheduled Safelite to replace both windshields.

The installer came to the house and did the job and only after he left did I notice that things weren't right. The Subaru windshield looked crooked and the molding didn't fit properly (it was loose, bunching in places, wavy, and had high and low spots). The Infiniti molding wasn't even attached just loosely pushed on and could be lifted up with no effort. The plastic trim that fits the lower windshield to the engine compartment was lifted up and clearly not reinstalled properly.

I called to make a complaint and they sent out a technician that declared both jobs a foul up and scheduled the Subaru for a at home replacement windshield and the Infiniti for a replacement at their shop.

The Subaru replacement went well with the new windshield fitting properly and the installer informing me that the previous windshield was not properly sealed and would have leaked.

The Infiniti replacement has been nothing short of a nightmare. When I delivered the car to the Safelite shop the manager said he would have to reschedule me because they hadn't been sent a new windshield. At the follow-up appointment the manager said that the windshield didn't need to be replaced but he fixed the molding. The plastic trim that didn't fit properly was in fact broken by the first installer and would have to be replaced. They would call me when the part was found to schedule yet another "warranty" replacement. A week later the trim was successfully installed.

Several days later, after driving on the highway in rain, I found water coming in through the headliner. I now have my sixth appointment scheduled to have the leak repaired.

I don't think I'll be calling Safelite again. Their windshield replacement price was about $100 less than the shop my insurance company recommended. I wish I'd paid the difference.

The problem with Safelite is that, in my experience, some of the installers are very experienced and some are clueless. Get an install by a clueless installer and you're in for a long rough ride.

Cale

Old 04-03-2005, 12:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K guys, imagine a jagged edge rock the size of a tennis ball bouncing right infront of you like a basketball then hittin your windshield (thank god it cleared the hood on its way up). But it scratched the windshield and its been a month and no crack....you guys think it'll be ok? I mean despite the large size...it looks like it just left a tiny scratch about the size of half a dime (as if someone took a razor and made some surface scratches on the glass).