G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Interior Creak - Do you have this sound?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 07:07 PM
Misanthropic nut-cracker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I previously worked for Infiniti for about three years and saw/heard all of these noises. Sorry to say that most, if not all, were only cured for short periods of time and most came back. It is as G35MECH. stated.....a matter of the type of materials used and their contact noises.

Old 05-06-2005, 08:18 PM
To be fair to Infiniti, my previous cars (Audi and BMW) had a lot of creaks and squeaks too. The Infiniti is no worse or better.

Like my other cars, I'm always determining which noises I can live with and which bug me too much.

The creaking center console is pretty bad. I would say it is unusual for a car to have that kind of a creak eventhough a certain amount of sounds is normal.

Maybe some others have a different sound, but I think that aluminum trim is a big cause of the creaking sounds. I think it simply transmits scraping noises more readily than the plastic trim used in past model years.

I wonder if the creak is due to aluminum to aluminum contact where the two trim pieces meet. It seems to make sense, to me anyway, that when braking the two pieces would flex differently causing contact at that point.

When my mechanic took off the lower trim piece and re-assembled it the creak disappeared temporarily. My guess is some well placed silicon grease or felt tape would fix it. Not the easiest point to fix since there is very little room to cushion the two pieces. I would do it myself but I don't want to break something while prying up the trim piece.

Has anyone else figured anything out?

I'm still looking for ideas to fix the driver side window clicking noise.
If I leave the window VERY slightly open then the noise goes away.

Old 05-07-2005, 02:34 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GUMAN
At least I know that I'm not the only one with this problem and not just hearing things.
Mine keeps getting worse and worse. I really regret not getting a Lexus now . This car is really starting to sound like a Nissan Inside.

Old 05-07-2005, 08:30 AM
i get some creaking coming from my rear view mirror... i found it by accident because you cant really tell where its coming from. if its not coming from your console, try grabbing you rear view mirror next time you hear it creaking.

Old 05-07-2005, 09:44 AM
Originally Posted by Nickk6
Mine keeps getting worse and worse. I really regret not getting a Lexus now . This car is really starting to sound like a Nissan Inside.
Squeaks, rattles, and operating anomolies and the like are very annoying ... regardless of the make or model. And this is especially true for someone like me who is extremely **** about these things.

But I also try to keep things in perspective as well. Lexus too has their fair share of complaints. Check out the various Lexus boards and you'll read about annoying dash rattles on the RX, acceleration hestiation issues with the ES and RX ... engine problems with the LS ... etc. Heck even "Lexus Loving" Consumer Report listed the '03 GX as a used vehicle to avoid.

While I don't condone manufacturing mis-steps ... but as several others have said, with all of the various materials used in modern cars and trucks, plus all of the components ... it sometimes is a real crap-shoot in building each and every piece properly, and the fitting all of them together so that they're tight as a drum and church-quiet.

ummmmmmmmm ... now where was the slight vibration coming from that I heard, but no one else did, on my drive this morning? Back to the car and the search continues.

Old 05-16-2005, 01:06 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
window creak

LD500 - I had that issue with my rear drivers side door. Dealer claimed they fixed it...but they never did. It too would only make the noise w/ the window up (and they knew this)....so it was obviously where the window meets the seal. So I asked; why not try replace the seal? At first, they said it can't be replaced. But whaddya know....after my last visit (see my previous thread above), they decided to replace the seal where the window goes into, and it is gone!

Old 05-25-2005, 06:29 PM
Jimmyc13,

Hope your situation is the same as mine. If I open the window a tiny bit, maybe 1/10th an inch, the sound goes away.

There are only two annoying noises in my car, the driver's side clicking noise and the center console creaking when braking.

Next time I'm at the dealership I'll ask them to replace the seal that the window goes up into.

Thanks

Old 05-25-2005, 07:49 PM
I have a few also

Mine are located on the pillar on the drivers side and the center console. The center is the most annoying, it's where I rest my elbow.

Will be the first thing I have looked at at the dealer.

Old 05-25-2005, 07:52 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Repeat after me: "Whenever I have a problem I'll check this web site."

http://www.infinitihelp.com/Infiniti.../Bulletins.htm

Old 05-27-2005, 01:02 AM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
As stated before, there are several creeks, squeaks, etc... My experience has been intermittent - I'll hear something for a few weeks then it will go away and another sound appears somewhere else. The only two I have taken my G to the dealer for are plastic head unit (stereo cover) and both read door panels (which were actually window seals as previous posts mentioned).

If your "center console" noise doesn’t go away try having dealer replace head unit cover... The rear door seal issue is apparently common because (according to Tustin Infiniti Service Dept) Infiniti started using a different seal - apparently my car has the new seal, but still made creaking sound... The fix was small foam/sponge tape in the window seal where the window edge meets. You can't see it at all and the sound is gone.

Hope this helps... noises drive me crazy too!

Old 05-27-2005, 10:01 AM
I heard some noise some time back and I thought it was coming from the moon roof. Well the sound has gone away or I simply am thinking so ....

A lot of people said it is from the center console....dunno

Just my 2 cents

Old 05-27-2005, 02:23 PM
The creak is the silver plastic around the AT shifter and the pastic that covers the rest of the driveline. My 95 Maxima had two separate plastic on plastic noises that were identical to this. I do not think that Nissan/Infinity has done a very good job of noise reduction trouble shooting. My moonroof also has a bit of flex to it after I close it that creates a binding noise as well. How do I get rid of it, turn up a CD, roll down the windows and drive fast!

Old 05-28-2005, 02:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this is gonna sound weird, but my rear view mirror makes noises all the time, especially when cold though. I usually just give it a squeeze and then it's all good.

Old 05-28-2005, 10:28 PM
I also own an '05 sedan and I have a "clicking, ticking, or whatever" sound coming from the top of the drivers window. I haven't taken it to the dealer yet--I was hoping to find a fix here.

Old 05-29-2005, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by SEGA G
I also own an '05 sedan and I have a "clicking, ticking, or whatever" sound coming from the top of the drivers window. I haven't taken it to the dealer yet--I was hoping to find a fix here.
I had this sound on my 04 sedan. The dealer did not manage to replicate it so it was never fixed while I owned the car. They did manage to fix the b pillar noise. They said my car should not have had the b pillar nopise as it was produced after the issue was known. So much for that. The infiniti G35 is allot of car for the money but not up to lexus quality.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Interior Creak - Do you have this sound?