G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Interior Creak - Do you have this sound?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 11:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G35sedanman
The infiniti G35 is allot of car for the money but not up to lexus quality.
I used to think that Lexus had bullet-proof quality and reliability. But then after following several Lexus forums ... and reading about all of the problems with the GX (Lexus ended up buying back many of them from dis-satisfied customers) ... and it is listed in the current Consumer Report as one of the used vehilces to avoid category (the '03 model).

Plus there are countless threads about the acceleration issues with the ES ... and folks are reporting that Lexus says that it's "normal". And this appears to be a problem with the RX too. And there are also lots of compalints about rattling in the RX, etc.

Anyway ... imho ... it seems that every line of cars has some issues. How the dealer and the company handle them is one factor in helping to define your perception.

Old 05-29-2005, 08:29 PM
So for some of you that hare experiencing this plastic-on-plastic squeak from the console, have you tried pushing on the dash below the clock? Does that reproduce the noise? In my car, I get this intermittent plastic-on-plastic or foam-on-foam squeak that emanates from the area below the dash. It makes this sound randomly... sometimes in the morning, sometimes in the late afternoon / evening (figure THAT one out).

I have a 2005 by the way.

Is this the noise you folks are describing, or is mine different? The tech docs linked earlier (thanks by the way) don't describe this particular noise (as near as I can tell).

~ Mike

Old 06-02-2005, 12:55 PM
I have almost 500 miles on my car now and so far I have only heard the creaking noise coming from the center console when breaking hard. This really doesn't botter me much since it is much quieter than my jeep was. It may get to the point a year down the road where I take it in an have them look at it.
Hopefully someone will post a DIY with Pics. I haven't seen anything up on the infiniti service bulletins yet.

Old 06-02-2005, 04:43 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
With 7,500 miles, I took the car in because I could no longer handle it.

1. passenger rear window seal replaced - fixed
2. ordered new center console
3. ordered new passenger rear shock assembly

Old 06-17-2005, 07:15 PM
'05 Interior Noise

I have an '05 G35. The "clicking, ticking or tapping" noise over the various doors, whether passenger or driver's side is related to the "run rubber" where the glass meets the rubber. Infiniti just replaced mine and it went away for 2 days completely!! Then it came back just as before. I can't explain "why." Extremely irritating. I don't expect perfection either, but no car should make this annoying sound. As for Lexus, give it up folks, Lexus blows Infiniti away hands down. They are more expensive, but much better materials and their service people are significantly more knowledgeable and have better hmmmm..."manners" when it comes to treating customers well. If anyone finds a cure for this window rubber trim issue, please post so we can all see. As for mechanics posting replies telling us to "live with it," nice try gents, but I have had plenty of cars that didn't rattle like an Infiniti. Thanks.

Old 07-18-2005, 07:10 PM
Update:
I brought my car in to fix the two ongoing noises on my 2005 G35X.
They applied some sound dampening material to the underside of my metal trim around my auto-shifter to stop the creak when braking. It has largely fixed it. It still creaks now and then but it's much less and a duller sound.

For the clicking sound from the driver's side window they put some felt under the rubber window guide moulding. I saw it on a 2004 service bulletin too.
I would have thought the 2005 would have the fixes already factory installed.
The result: No change. The car still clicks away. Sometimes there is no noise and other times it clicks like crazy. If anything, I think it clicks more when the car is in hotter weather.

Now I'm debating whether or not I should ask them to fix it again or should I just live with it. When it's clicking, it's really annoying since it's right around my left ear. If I'm not mistaken, I thought I heard a similar sound coming from the passenger side too but that's quite far away from me and my wife has never complained.

Has anyone found a permanent fix?

Old 07-18-2005, 07:23 PM
Hey I Got my G35x about 4 months ago and i had to take it in for repairs with diffrent creeking sounds 3 times now , i had one coming from the center , one coming from above the driver side window and one coming from the back pass window, after 3 times of fixing this problem i think that they have got it, but i got all the paper work on what they did just to make sure that if it happens again i could put up a fuss about the car at the dealership.