G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Plannin on a g35x. car now is a subaru impreza

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 03:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what the new design on the audis are hot, but my brother had bought a audi brand new turned to be a lemon, and they didnt accept it back, plus this dealership called the police on my nefew because he broke a shift *** on a TT show model, something i would of gladly paid for, keep in mind he was 8, but besides that audis are nice if u goto the right dealership.

Old 04-30-2005, 03:27 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DingoNY
I didn't check out the Audi's today - because they don't have MP3 support without buying navigation.

And it's too late for the advice

I did it - Black with Stone, Premium C.

Local car washes (touchless) will be doing well in coming months and years.

Congrats, get some pictures up, enjoy it

Old 04-30-2005, 05:00 PM
Congratulations! The G35 is going to be a lot more reliable than Audi. There are a lot of former Audi owners on this site (me included) with sad tales of reliability.

Did you pick it up yet or is it on order?

Great choice and good luck.

Old 04-30-2005, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by LetsRunIt
what the new design on the audis are hot, but my brother had bought a audi brand new turned to be a lemon, and they didnt accept it back, plus this dealership called the police on my nefew because he broke a shift *** on a TT show model, something i would of gladly paid for, keep in mind he was 8, but besides that audis are nice if u goto the right dealership.
OMG - there must be more to that story (nephew).

If someone was with him - I'm just a little well - not understanding how anyone in their right mind would automatically call the police.

Old 04-30-2005, 05:33 PM
[QUOTE=Andy77]Congratulations! The G35 is going to be a lot more reliable than Audi. There are a lot of former Audi owners on this site (me included) with sad tales of reliability.

Did you pick it up yet or is it on order?
/QUOTE]

Took the only one the dealer had in stock with that color combo / option combo.

Dealer preps on Monday - I pickup Monday afternoon. Did a 39 month 15k mile lease. As part of VPP I got a pretty good deal - and while I paid more than some people do (getting it at or below invoice)... Because I don't have any other close infiniti dealers - well that is the way it is.

And that is ok - because they were nice, "good people". I felt comfortable dealing with them, and believe they will be there for me. I think of it as the start of a good relationship. And that is uncommon I think with car dealers - certainly was better than my first new car purchase experience.

My dealer is Lia Infiniti of Latham, NY. I recommend them.

Old 05-01-2005, 12:23 AM
Originally Posted by RichK
In the dry, it is 100% RWD until it encounters slip, then it will do what it needs to (up to 50% split) to get traction.
Here's what Automobile Magazine (May 2005 issue) says about the AWD system in the Four Seasons year-long test wrap-up article of their 2004 G35x.

"... When accelerating from rest, torque split is 25/75 front/rear, in cruising mode, it is 100 percent rear-wheel drive. Should a wheel loose traction, the split instantly shifts 50/50. A button on the console can provide full-time 50/50 torque split for heavy going in snow. ... Our Infiniti's AWD system was transparent in daily service - it simply made the car work better on bad roads without imposing itself on the driving experience."

I still can't get this silly grin off of my face!

Old 05-01-2005, 08:21 AM
DingoNY, I knew you would choose black!!

anyhow, I am also an owner of 03 A4 1.8T, and I WILL NEVER RECOMMAND ANOTHER AUDI TO ANYONE, unless to someone I hate

(o well, the Audi Lemens V10 supercar is exceptional tho)

Old 05-01-2005, 09:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good choice. You won't be disappointed.

Old 05-01-2005, 10:07 AM
Don't drink and Mag Race
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome to the grin club!

Old 05-01-2005, 02:52 PM
"As part of VPP I got a pretty good deal - and while I paid more than some people do (getting it at or below invoice)... Because I don't have any other close infiniti dealers - well that is the way it is.

And that is ok - because they were nice, "good people". I felt comfortable dealing with them, and believe they will be there for me. I think of it as the start of a good relationship. And that is uncommon I think with car dealers - certainly was better than my first new car purchase experience."

That feeling is very important and I'm glad you like your dealer. I like mine (Douglas-Summit, NJ).

I never ask what people paid because a) it's personal (I think) b) too many things affect the purchase c) sometimes you pay more to have fewer hassles in the purchase and fewer worries for the future. If you "nickel and dime" the dealer (what we all think they are doing to us!) they may not feel as helpful in going out of their way for you in the future. Goodwill works both ways. If you are decent to the dealer, I suspect you get better treatment, at least I think I have. In a perfect world it wouldn't make any difference, but in a perfect world we would all treat each other nicely anyway!

The purchase price can depend on the supply at the dealer, the demand, whether the car is on the lot or has to be ordered, how long it is on the lot, the cycle of salespeoples' selling (end of the month, year, etc.), options ordered (ie, I'd bet if you order optional dealer add-on paint trim you'll get more off the sticker since they can make it up in the paint job), etc etc etc. Then there is the trade in. I think I got more off the sticker because they could get some back with my trade-in. And on and on.

Enjoy the car!