G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

2.9% Financing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 11:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2.9% Financing - UPDATE: Bought it

I noticed that Infiniti is offering this month 2.9% on the 48 and 60 month loans. This seems like a great deal and would save me probably $50 a month vs a 6% loan.

However, does anyone know how often this good financing comes along? Is it a pretty common thing? I know the incentives are month-to-month.

They have a '05 Sedan in Lakeshore Slate, 5AT, Sport suspension that I really like. This financing deal may be the tipping point to convince me to buy. Thanks!

Last edited by theop; 04-30-2005 at 12:42 PM.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:57 PM
I could swear that a month or two ago Infiniti was offering 1.9%. March maybe. But don't quote me on that.
I think the make better offers near the end of the quarters (March, June, Sept. Dec.) to improve the company's numbers.
And remember, you probably need a killer credit score to get it.
Good Luck.

Old 04-29-2005, 01:39 PM
Its a fairly common offering, and yes,you need Tier 1 credit and its 1.9% for loans less than 3 years, 2.9% if longer than 3 years. A very good deal as far as auto financing is concerned.

Old 04-29-2005, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by theop
I noticed that Infiniti is offering this month 2.9% on the 48 and 60 month loans. This seems like a great deal and would save me probably $50 a month vs a 6% loan.

However, does anyone know how often this good financing comes along? Is it a pretty common thing? I know the incentives are month-to-month.

They have a '05 Sedan in Lakeshore Slate, 5AT, Sport suspension that I really like. This financing deal may be the tipping point to convince me to buy. Thanks!
Just picked up my car yesterday and got the 2.9% for 60 mos. This deal started in Feb, extended to March and then to April. the extension to May is a guess. But my dealer said you can take possesion of the car up to 14 days after the end of the mo. the deal ends as the dealer has 14 days after month's end to get the paper work into Infiniti.

So if the deal ends April 30, you have til May14 to get the car.

Old 04-29-2005, 02:07 PM
Thanks for the replies. After posting I realized I could search for "2.9%" and noticed that is has been offered for the past couple of months as well. The 1.9 is apparently for the 24 and 36 mo loans.

Still seems like a great deal given the trend of higher interest rates. I know I do qualify because I filled out a credit application at the dealer yesterday. Now I just need to convince the wife...

I hope by this time tomorrow I'll be in my G35.

Old 04-29-2005, 05:21 PM
You can expect to find low APR deals as long as gas prices increase and the slumping auto industry continues to struggle.

Old 04-29-2005, 07:05 PM
Apr

I have a excellent credit rating, so when I purchased my G sedan last June I received the 1.9% rate for 60 months. I paid a little over 50% down and the total interest for my loan is $797. Pretty lucky I guess.

Old 04-29-2005, 11:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I actually did my financing paperwork today to lock in the 2.9... I think IFS has had this rate for 4 months now, and the dealer did mention that they usually don't have these financing deals for more then 3 months at a time...

Take it for what it's worth.

Old 04-30-2005, 09:46 AM
Originally Posted by shook2323
I actually did my financing paperwork today to lock in the 2.9... I think IFS has had this rate for 4 months now, and the dealer did mention that they usually don't have these financing deals for more then 3 months at a time...

Take it for what it's worth.
According to my salesguy who has been with the same dealership for 20 yrs you can't lock in the rate until the car is signed over to the dealer's inventory which is shortly after the car arrives at the port. So if there is a storm at sea and the boat is delayed til May 15th you may be out of luck if Infiniti does not renew the rates for May since they have til the 14th of the following month to get the previous month's paper work into Infiniti. That is my salesman's take on the situation as we dealt with various scenarios before the Mar deal was extended into April and my car was due sometime in April. You might want to double check with your salesguy my salesguy's take.

Old 04-30-2005, 10:09 AM

I've followed these boards regarding the low interest rate promotion since I bought my G35 in March of 2004. They offered 2.9% then and I believe they've offered it every month since. It's always on a month to month basis. One reason is probably the one you mentioned, "This financing deal may be the tipping point..."

Old 04-30-2005, 12:35 PM
Well... They got me with the 2.9%. Bought it yesterday. Loving it so far!

'05 Sedan 5AT Lakeshore Slate / Wheat with Premium, Sports Suspension, Aero, Splash Gaurds, Trunk Mat, Moonroof Wind Deflector, Clear Bra. $34,500.

Last edited by theop; 04-30-2005 at 12:42 PM.
Old 04-30-2005, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by calejohnson
One reason [for IFS's extension of the 2.9 percent financing] is probably the one you mentioned, "This financing deal may be the tipping point..."
Was for me. Had Infiniti not offered 2.9 percent on the car, I would've passed over it for a Legacy 2.5 GT Limited Wagon. I've bought a bunch of new cars over the last 15 years or so but I always timed my purchases poorly or bought cars that sold well without financing incentives. Never once had I purchased a car with a non-bank financing incentive because of this. I was bound and determined to do it this time around, what with the Fed jacking up rates.

I remember buying my Sentra SE-R in '91 with Tier 1 credit approval. The best Nissan could offer at the time was 8.95 percent for 48-month financing, which at the time was actually a decent rate. I fear we may be on our way back to those days. I hope I'm wrong. If I'm not, at least I've got five years of buffer on the G35 loan.

Old 04-30-2005, 05:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Corgidog
According to my salesguy who has been with the same dealership for 20 yrs you can't lock in the rate until the car is signed over to the dealer's inventory which is shortly after the car arrives at the port. So if there is a storm at sea and the boat is delayed til May 15th you may be out of luck if Infiniti does not renew the rates for May since they have til the 14th of the following month to get the previous month's paper work into Infiniti. That is my salesman's take on the situation as we dealt with various scenarios before the Mar deal was extended into April and my car was due sometime in April. You might want to double check with your salesguy my salesguy's take.
Yea I worked with the manager on this one, he said he's done it a few times, but doesn't like to because you could feasibly be paying for a car you don't have... Either way, not much I can do now. I did sign all the paperwork though...