G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Infiniti Dealers are all ripoffs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 12:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you are a cheap skate. i am sure if you quit your job and go work for them for nothing they will charge you less for oil changes...

Old 05-07-2005, 02:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rupdog326
The free brake job was under warranty. It was not free because they only corrected their faulty original brakes that wore too fast. You would pay to change your brake pads and not take the warranty service that you originally paid for? If you think warranty services are free for anything you buy then dont take advantage of any because you think it is free. The 15k service is a much different service than the 22k service - read your maintenance schedule. Like I said before, this was the first time I USED THE DEALER FOR SERVICE. I have always bought the items I needed and replaced them myself.

There is nothing out of the ordinary with our brakes. People can argue about them until they are blue in the face but the fact of the matter remains is that most people have needed the brake warranty because they drive the $hit out their car and stomp on the brakes then complain about premature wear. Bottom line is if you drive your car hard, your brakes will wear out. My brakes at 25K are fine. I checked them myself and they still have plenty of pad left.

Most other manufactuers will tell you to take a hike when it comes to brake warranties. I applaud Infiniti for bumpin up their customer service a notch by providing a warranty to the few who won't take responsibility for the driving actions and try to place blame elsewhere.

As for 15K service, yes $329 appears expensive. Consider that most anywhere shop time costs $80-$100 and hour. I would venture to say that even you would have a tough time completeing the inspections along with the wheel balancing, tire rotation, oil and filter change and Cabin air filter change.

whining about $5.00 for the loaner gas charge is being the ultimate chiseler. you would spend more for gas drivnign your own car for the same period. I know I always get my $5 worth of use out of those loaners

Old 05-07-2005, 03:13 PM
You must have gottne the premium oil change... I also get charged 35 for normal and 82 for premium.

Old 05-07-2005, 03:28 PM
Out of many - one people
Originally Posted by WildWildWest
you are a cheap skate. i am sure if you quit your job and go work for them for nothing they will charge you less for oil changes...
This thread has nothing to do with being a cheapskate, it has to do with principle. If you had a choice between the same oil change at $30 or $80, which would you take? If the same G was for $30,000 or $50,000, which would you buy? You don't know me, if you did you would agree that I am far from being a cheapskate. Go spend $80 on an oil change and call yourself a big spender. I was just making a statement about my experience at Infiniti.

Old 05-07-2005, 03:52 PM
Out of many - one people
Originally Posted by shodog
There is nothing out of the ordinary with our brakes. People can argue about them until they are blue in the face but the fact of the matter remains is that most people have needed the brake warranty because they drive the $hit out their car and stomp on the brakes then complain about premature wear. Bottom line is if you drive your car hard, your brakes will wear out. My brakes at 25K are fine. I checked them myself and they still have plenty of pad left.

Correction, there is nothing out of the ordinary with your brakes. Infiniti saw that their brakes where defective and extended their warranty on it. You are suggesting that we should pay for Infiniti's mistakes.

Most other manufactuers will tell you to take a hike when it comes to brake warranties. I applaud Infiniti for bumpin up their customer service a notch by providing a warranty to the few who won't take responsibility for the driving actions and try to place blame elsewhere.

If you A/C conked out at 2k miles, would you pay for it becaused you thought you used it too much and overworked it, or would you pitch a bitch because you should not be responsible for a possible defect caused by poor workmanship or quality.

As for 15K service, yes $329 appears expensive. Consider that most anywhere shop time costs $80-$100 and hour. I would venture to say that even you would have a tough time completeing the inspections along with the wheel balancing, tire rotation, oil and filter change and Cabin air filter change.

My only point with this is, if you wanted to save money you could do most of the work yourself. Changing in-cabin air filter and engine air filter are relatively easy things to do. Again, only if you want to save some money.

whining about $5.00 for the loaner gas charge is being the ultimate chiseler. you would spend more for gas drivnign your own car for the same period. I know I always get my $5 worth of use out of those loaners
I bought the car in for them to repair defects that were not caused by me. They inconvenienced me to come in to do repairs. Remember, the car was in for warranty repairs.

Old 05-07-2005, 03:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My 15K service would have been $295, though since I had just changed the oil within a 1000 miles I skipped it and got my service done for $245 or so.

They didn't even charge for gas on my loaner, which I probably burned 8 gallons.

Old 05-07-2005, 08:12 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by shodog

I beg to differ with you on this, I have always gotten at least 40k out of my front brakes, lot's of city driving, and even on my last car, '00 Mustang GT, I still had the same pads when I traded it with around 36-38k, and my driving style hasn't changed, I drive the same as I always have, you most likely have mostly highway mileage on yours IMO! Infiniti has admitted the brakes wear quickly by warrantying them, I bet the '05 brakes wear far longer, since there is no brake warranty on the new models! I will agree with you on the remainder of your post however Shodog!

Last edited by ABQ_G35; 05-07-2005 at 09:22 PM.
Old 05-07-2005, 10:32 PM
Originally Posted by Poker_G
Let's implement some logic here...
Jiffy lube or equivalent:
-low overhead, specialize in very basic service.(oil changes) Business model is to get customers in and out quickly. Corporate owned or franchised, thus standardized prices. Likely pay their employees minimum wage or a close hourly rate. They are the fast food stands equivalent.
Dealership:
-high overhead, can and would like to and do all types of service. Independantly owned, prices may vary. Business model is to sell you as much service for your car as they can and charge as much as they can. Employees are either paid a flat rate per job or on commission(employee gets a % of what they charge you).
They are the finer dining establishments equivalent.
I hope this provides some clarity and insight.

You think a dealer has a their top mechanics doing oil changes? They do the same as anyone else - find someone without much experience and pay them cheap. Any decent mechanic would walk if they had to do oil changes.

I'm suprised at how many of you are so willing to hand over your money just because it is a dealership. If the local cheap lube place charged you $80 for an oil change even if they topped all your fluids, washed your car, and so on you would be pissed. I think it is the same as food places charging you for plastic cups, ice, water, and so on.

Old 05-08-2005, 12:19 AM
I'm suprised at how many of you are so willing to hand over your money just because it is a dealership
I have never paid anybody to change the oil in any vehicle I have ever owned. Changing the oil is just something I have always done myself, call it therapeutic bonding. I know I could take it and get it done, but we all do what we do.

Old 05-08-2005, 10:45 PM
my engine check light went on 2 days ago. then i bring my car in to for them to check out. BUT they wont' give me no loaner CAR-.-....(they said i am under 21)
but when i first bogutht the car from them, they said they will give me the loaner car if i bring my car in for service.
suukie Dealer-.-....damn

Old 04-13-2012, 02:43 PM
Has anyone tried Nissan dealerships for service? We just got a 2004 and the local dealership is HIGH, so that's why we're on here trying to figure things out for ourselves, first!

Old 04-13-2012, 02:44 PM
PS-how do you fit the jack in the trunk with a full sized spare? It doesn't go where we thought it would.

Old 04-13-2012, 02:57 PM
Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
Wtf? A 7 year old thread has been brought back to life... Damn noobs!

Old 04-13-2012, 02:57 PM
Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
Nissan can do a lot of the service cheaper....

Old 04-13-2012, 03:06 PM
Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
Lol you get burned to the ground if you start a new thread and you get burned to the ground for bumping an old thread. Poor peeps.

The following users liked this post:
seymore4 (04-14-2012)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Infiniti Dealers are all ripoffs