G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

thank god G35s hold the road

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 09:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thank god G35s hold the road

today i was being a very imature driver, it was me in my g35 and my friend behind me in his 99 maxima se and we were racing on a very windy road cause i wanted to prove i could beat him in acceleration so we were on a very windy road going home, which is probably the most windey road in my town. so we slow down to about 20 and my friends maxima is right behind me on a one-lane road and i basically put my hand out the window and count to three and gun it and as im accelerating im aprouching a turn probably going about 60mph.

Not thinking i just keep accelerating while im going around the turn, as im doing this my back end kicks out alittle and i quickly let off the gas and the skid control guides me. Unfortunatly the 99 maximas suspension isnt as stiff as the G and he doesnt have the skid control and did a 180 and went on the other side of the road but managed to just spin off onto some grass and luckly missed the big dump truck that was heading the oposite direct. For this day on i will think much harder about what i am about to do. I washed and waxing the g when i got home to make it up to her for being so dumb.

Old 05-19-2005, 09:35 PM
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 03silverG
today i was being a very imature driver, it was me in my g35 and my friend behind me in his 99 maxima se and we were racing on a very windy road cause i wanted to prove i could beat him in acceleration so we were on a very windy road going home, which is probably the most windey road in my town. so we slow down to about 20 and my friends maxima is right behind me on a one-lane road and i basically put my hand out the window and count to three and gun it and as im accelerating im aprouching a turn probably going about 60mph.

Not thinking i just keep accelerating while im going around the turn, as im doing this my back end kicks out alittle and i quickly let off the gas and the skid control guides me. Unfortunatly the 99 maximas suspension isnt as stiff as the G and he doesnt have the skid control and did a 180 and went on the other side of the road but managed to just spin off onto some grass and luckly missed the big dump truck that was heading the oposite direct. For this day on i will think much harder about what i am about to do. I washed and waxing the g when i got home to make it up to her for being so dumb.
I don't think you should have posted this because your going to get flamed.

Old 05-19-2005, 09:41 PM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
well, at least he was able to admit that he did something stupid and it sounds like he has learned from it. i dont see any reason to flame.

Old 05-19-2005, 09:55 PM
Yea There nothing wrong with that next time take it easy

Old 05-19-2005, 10:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here you go buddy, your going to need it

Old 05-19-2005, 10:42 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Smile No damage, just dirty shorts.

We ALL have driven with our heads in a very dark stinky place at one time or another. Thank the Good Lord that you lived to tell about this and offer a bit of a lesson to others. No flames here. "There but for the grace of God, go I"

Old 05-19-2005, 10:57 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Agree. You're lucky to be able to post about it.. Sounds like you value your G - take care of her and she'll take care of you in return.

Be careful out there and as one said above, keep your head out of the nether-regions when you're behind the wheel.

Old 05-19-2005, 11:02 PM
Call the Cops
good to know you regret doing it

most people, like me, never regret something like that until it happens like 3 times

Old 05-19-2005, 11:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
VDC kicks in wayyy to early. The car has soo much body roll and a soft suspension it scares me. It does not compare to the suspension in the Z. Will a coilover suspension really make a big difference? It really bothers me...lol

Old 05-19-2005, 11:59 PM
At least your story didn't start with "So I'd been out drinking with my friends, and had a couple -- but I know I was OK to drive..." like some other stories around here lately . I've done stupid things before as well. Sounds like you learned a lesson today, hopefully one that lasts.

Old 05-20-2005, 12:03 AM
mc2
drunk driving is the worst crime on the road.

Old 05-20-2005, 12:08 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
not only is it a crime, but its plain retarted. We all say we can drive when were drunk, but we obviously know we cant. When im drunk I say i can drive all the time but its a joke, and when your drunk its pretty funny. but at that point i just hand my keys to my girl so if that stupid urge were ever to come, i dont drive. please dont drink and drive, i know one too many people whove died b/c of that

Old 05-20-2005, 12:18 AM
mc2
when my friends all went different ways when we went to college one of my best friends told me he woke up one day after being out partying late all night.. he woke up in his own apartment and looked outside the window to see his car had two flat tires and his passenger fender was smashed in.. he had no idea how it happened or how he got home.. thats how drunk he was.

i coudlnt believe that he would have "friends" like that in college that would let him drive in such conditions..

Old 05-20-2005, 01:30 AM
today i was being a very imature parent, it was me in my bathrobe and my wife behind me in her bathrobe and we were giving the baby a bath in some very hot water cause i wanted to prove i could bathe him in hot water so we were in our tiny bathroom at home, which is probably the tinyest room in my house. so we make the water about 20 celsius and my wife's in her bathrobe right behind me in that tiny bathroom and i basically put my hand out the window and count to three and gun it and as im turning up the hot water im aprouching a scalding temp probably going to be about 60 degrees celsius. (That's 140 degrees fahrenheit.)

Not thinking i just keep dumping scalding water in while im going around the tub, as im doing this my back end kicks out alittle and i quickly let out some gas and the baby jumps up and clocks me. Unfortunatly my wife isnt as stupid as me and she doesnt have the nerve so she did a 180 and went on the other side of the tub and managed to just turn off the water and luckly missed the big gas I'd let out that was heading the oposite direct. For this day on i will think much harder about what i am about to do. I didn't wash and wax the baby when i got home from the hospital to make it up to him for being so dumb.

Old 05-20-2005, 03:26 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Even I would never do anything like that and I've done some stupid **** . Good to hear both of you escaped with no injuries and no damage to the cars. I learned the hardway, you gotta away easy, just be glad you learned the easy way.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: thank god G35s hold the road