G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Another Case of dealer not checking tire psi on a new sedan!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 10:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another Case of dealer not checking tire psi on a new sedan!

I picked up my 05 6mt twilight blue, wheat sedan with aero, premium and splash yesterday. The car runs great and I am very happy with it. On my way home I notice it is riding a little rough and the tires are making alot of noise. Sure enough they are all filled to 45psi...unbelievable. It is irresponsible and down right dangerous. I am calling the dealer Tuesday to complain.

I am coming out of an 04 coupe 6mt. Though I like the sedan, there is definitely something special about the coupe. But enough about that.

My car came with 2 key fobs, 1 standard key, 1 valet and 1 wallet key. My coupe last year came with 2 standard keys...am I missing something? Shouldn't they have given me 2? How many did you get?

Thats all for now.

Old 05-29-2005, 10:09 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I got two standard keys, one valet key, and one wallet key with my '04. I would contact the dealer.

Old 05-29-2005, 10:27 PM
Enthuasiast
Same thing for my 05 Coupe 6MT, riding rough as a bitch. I checked tire pressure. 48 PSI average on all 4 wheels. WTF?

Old 05-29-2005, 11:13 PM
Add me to the list. Got my car 3 wks ago. Thought the ride was a bit harsh, and after reading the threads here, decided to check my tire pressure. Sure enough, 41-43 psi in all four. Dropped them to 36 psi. I am just waiting on my survey to come in the mail.

Old 05-29-2005, 11:20 PM
47psi all around...idiots

Old 05-30-2005, 04:55 PM
I don't understand this either. Why is it so hard for the prep staff do to their jobs properly? It's what they do for a living!

Mine had between 48 psi and 52 psi all around IIRC. Pissed me off something fierce. What's better, Nissan? A few out-of-round tires as a result of storing them at a reasonable inflation pressure, or some poor lady who suffers a blowout and careens across the median into oncoming traffic at 70 mph in the dead of summer as she drives her new G35 home? Lawyers have wet dreams about exactly what Nissan is doing here.

Old 05-30-2005, 05:01 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by snelldogg
I picked up my 05 6mt twilight blue, wheat sedan with aero, premium and splash yesterday. The car runs great and I am very happy with it. On my way home I notice it is riding a little rough and the tires are making alot of noise. Sure enough they are all filled to 45psi...unbelievable. It is irresponsible and down right dangerous. I am calling the dealer Tuesday to complain.

I am coming out of an 04 coupe 6mt. Though I like the sedan, there is definitely something special about the coupe. But enough about that.

My car came with 2 key fobs, 1 standard key, 1 valet and 1 wallet key. My coupe last year came with 2 standard keys...am I missing something? Shouldn't they have given me 2? How many did you get?

Thats all for now.
Yes it is unacceptable. We pay a lot of money for a predilivery inspection and some things do get missed. You are right to complain.
I too have had both Coupe and Sedan and found good and bad with both. Terrific rides tho.

All my Nissans/Infinitis have come with 2 master keys, one valet key and 1 wallet key. (as well as 2 fobs). You're missing a master key.

C.

Old 05-30-2005, 05:13 PM
I took delivery with all four exactly at 42 psi. This is alot high psi than I have ever run, but I have never run 45 profile tires. I "assumed" my dealer knew what they were doing.

Does anyone know what the max tire pressure that Bridgestone recommends?

Old 05-30-2005, 05:21 PM
I took delivery with all four exactly at 42 psi. This is alot high psi than I have ever run, but I have never run 45 profile tires. I "assumed" my dealer knew what they were doing.

Does anyone know what the max tire pressure that Bridgestone recommends? Nevermind, I just checked tirerack and they say 51 psi max. so these pressures may be harsh, but not dangerous, right?

Old 05-30-2005, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by eeaton
Does anyone know what the max tire pressure that Bridgestone recommends? Nevermind, I just checked tirerack and they say 51 psi max. so these pressures may be harsh, but not dangerous, right?
Yeah, I double-checked the sidewall just now on my Turanzas. It's 51 psi max.

Forty-five psi may not be dangerous according to Bridgestone, but 52 psi on 130-degree pavement may very well be. Seems silly for a dealer to take that chance. If I were the owner, I'd ream the prep staff who non-checked my tires a new one.

Old 05-30-2005, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by JKWright
Yeah, I double-checked the sidewall just now on my Turanzas. It's 51 psi max.

Forty-five psi may not be dangerous according to Bridgestone, but 52 psi on 130-degree pavement may very well be. Seems silly for a dealer to take that chance. If I were the owner, I'd ream the prep staff who non-checked my tires a new one.
The proper inflation pressure of your tire is not the highest pressure that you can get without exceeding the tire manufacturer's maximum. What is the vehicle manufacturer's recommended pressure, front and rear, as likely found on the door or door column?

Old 05-30-2005, 06:13 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by snelldogg

Thats all for now.

My 05 Sedan 6mt, came with 2 key fobs, 2 standard keys, 1 valet and 1 wallet.

Old 05-30-2005, 06:49 PM
whats the wallet key? dont say a key for a wallet... got a pic?

Old 05-30-2005, 07:00 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by rrpnow
As you requested.....

Old 05-30-2005, 07:04 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by rrpnow
Here's a pic of my wallet key. It's plain just like the old style keys and non programmed. It's intent is to only make entry into the ride not to operate the ignition.

Attached Thumbnails Another Case of dealer not checking tire psi on a new sedan!-mini-100_0009.jpg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Another Case of dealer not checking tire psi on a new sedan!