G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Calling all 05 Owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 10:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Julie, I have the goodyear now on my car. I already swapped tire and wheels from a brand new G and same problem, in fact worse. I drove a brand new G with the bridgestones and it was even a worse ride then with the goodyears.

Argetni, personally first time I experience this crap. I also own a Saab 9-3 and it is solid as a rock. Previous to the G was an Acura TL Type S and even though I took ****ty care of it, no vibration previous to that the Boxster and also no vibration. A car of this price range should not be giving us a vibration esp. to the passenger seat person who is receiving a free massage. LOL Guess I was wrong...

Old 06-12-2005, 01:15 PM
My horns hold up my halo
We haven't had our '05 that long but we had to drive it about 90 miles home and have put about 200-250 miles on it already total. I rode the whole trip home in the passenger seat and never noticed a bit of vibration. We have the sports suspension with the 18's. Honestly, I admit that I am not 100% sure which tires they are. There is another post where the hubby addressed that in a tire discussion.

Good luck finding out what is going on. I agree 1000% that you should NOT pay that much for a car and have problems with it. We know of 2 people who bought Eclipses of 2 different body styles and have had major problems with various things. Dealer wouldn't do s*** and one is still fighting and the other ended up suing. Hope you don't get anywhere near to that kind of hassle!

Old 06-12-2005, 01:40 PM
Guess I'm lucky

I'm extremely **** about vibrations, noises, rattles, etc. They drive me crazy. I've got about 1600 miles on my car and do not have the problems you describe here. At highway speeds the chassis is quiet and solid as a rock, with no steering wheel shimmy or other nonsense. (I've had a few interior noises pop up that I'm in the process of tracking down and quelling. Very minor though, and that says a lot from someone as noise-conscious as I am.)

FYI, my G has the 18-inch Bridgestones.

Old 06-13-2005, 10:27 PM
TRUE JKWright.. I too noticed the same issues few days ago. I hear noises just above my left ear, but I am not able to pinpoint the exact location.

Old 07-25-2005, 08:27 AM
Finally the dealer has installed at no charge the Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 all season tires. Yes I must admit the ride is quieter but this car does not grip as it used it better quieter ride though. A simple U turn sets off the slip control. A quick turn sets it off where with the Good Years that baby would grip with no problems and not even set off the slip control. In fact I drove it a couple of times with the slip control on off and did some risky turns and the car did not fish tail or anything. Now I went to michellin site and did a comparision between these tires and the Pilot SPort A/S and the MXM4 has better thread life, better handling etc... Now I am not sure what to do? Do I request for the GoodYears to be put back on, request to have the Pilot's put on or live with the MXM4 or just start the lemon law process? Any help appreciated... Thanks

Old 07-25-2005, 11:34 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by hgiljr
Finally the dealer has installed at no charge the Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 all season tires. Yes I must admit the ride is quieter but this car does not grip as it used it better quieter ride though. A simple U turn sets off the slip control. A quick turn sets it off where with the Good Years that baby would grip with no problems and not even set off the slip control. In fact I drove it a couple of times with the slip control on off and did some risky turns and the car did not fish tail or anything. Now I went to michellin site and did a comparision between these tires and the Pilot SPort A/S and the MXM4 has better thread life, better handling etc... Now I am not sure what to do? Do I request for the GoodYears to be put back on, request to have the Pilot's put on or live with the MXM4 or just start the lemon law process? Any help appreciated... Thanks
I refuse to believe that all the cars you've driven have never had any vibrations or road noise of some sort. I also refuse to believe that an entire fleet of G35 in your area came with the same problem from Japan.

I offered my thoughts earlier in this thread that any EXCESSIVE vibrations are due to a bent wheel, poor balancing, too much road force, over inflated tires, and maybe...not likely but possible...problem with the driveshaft.

If the dealer has ruled out all of these possiblities, then maybe the problem is you. From the sound of your postings, you've made seem like the car has a serious flaw. But obviously it is ok because you're driving it and the dealer must have been satisfied the car was ok to release it back to you.

Whatever happens, I hope it works out for you and get full satisfaction. Good luck.

Old 07-25-2005, 12:02 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ex_MGB
It is an absolute requirement of car ownership to own a good torque wrench and personally torque your wheels after anyone has touched it. I think the dealer is jerking you around hoping to pull some bogus warranty repair claim.

Always, always check the obvious, easy to rectify stuff first yourself! I speak from long, painful experience.
that's my opinion make sure those lugs are torqued properly

Old 07-25-2005, 12:04 PM
I just went from OEM 17"s to OEM 18"s on my coupe, and have terrible vibrations just as you initially described. It was smooth as glass before the switch.

I suspect the problem would be that I had used 3 Front wheels and 1 Rear wheel, car set up like this:

[F]--[F]
.__|__.
[R]--[F]

But however I was under the impression that the F and R marked wheels are the same, which I still believe they are (both 18x8).. and the problem is obviously from the front wheels, which are both "fronts" so that can't be the problem. I'll head down to my Infiniti dealer for some inspection on this. Hopefully they can get it straightened out. Should I maybe try to save some cash and only do a front wheel allignment or does it not work like that or not worth it to do that, and just get all 4 done? Car is approaching 9,000 miles.

Like I said, steering wheel had absolutely NO vibration before this and was smooth as glass up to 140MPH. I was also told to drive it as little as possible, as the shimmy of the front tires can be leading to premature treadwear.

Last edited by heeb; 07-25-2005 at 12:06 PM.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:20 PM
I have an 05 G35 automatic Sedan with the sport, premium, and aero packages. It also has the 18 “ Goodyear tires. I have absolutely no problems with vibrations in this car. I had a 330i before and I got rid of it because of vibrations so I know what to look for. Do you just feel the vibrations or are they audible or even worse visible. If they are audible or visible then take a video of it. That might help if you ever have to take this case to court. It might help us understand what the problem is also. Anyway, did this issue ever get cleared up?

Old 07-25-2005, 01:31 PM
For those of you with the vibration problem on the '05, I experienced the same thing with my '05 Sedan with sport package recently. After three trips to the dealer and a visit to a tire shop, the issue is resolved. As everyone else has said, just be persistent.
On the first visit, the dealer replaced both front tires due to excessive road force. Unfortunately, this didn't fix the vibration. I took the car to a tire shop and had the tires road-force balanced for $60. It definitely helped, but they also found another bad tire on the rear. The second visit to the dealer netted me two new rear tires, but the car still drove horribly. In the end, the dealer had to rebalance all four tires and realign the car to get it to drive properly. After all of this, the car drives better than when I drove it off the lot.

Old 07-25-2005, 02:07 PM
I can guarantee that it is not me, the service manager has also felt it. They have ruled everything out. They have done road force tests, air pressure, balancing, alignment and still vibration is there. It is not audio, just visual. Mostly noticable in the passenger side seat. As I said, I test drove a brand new one and same thing. Dealer of course is trying, they would not keep my care there for no reason and they know I was not satisfied since they continue trying. Latest attempt is worse with the Michellin. Going back to get the good year back on. 3k miles and not yet impressed with Nissan, power yes but all else not impressed...