G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Nosey questions from the new kid

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 12:50 PM
My horns hold up my halo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nosey questions from the new kid

First, I finally just got my own log in to save confusion.

I want to know a couple things...

1. are there any other women on this forum?

2. where are they if so and why not if not?

3. those of you who are married - do your wives dig the car as much as you or do they think your nuts?

Not sure how much I will post but I'll read often i'm sure. Cars just aren't generally my "thing" but I love a good thread to read no matter the topic.

I saw a post from an Auburn fan - where are you from and ROLL TIDE!!!

Old 06-11-2005, 01:47 PM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
1. Yes there are other women (im not one of them )
2. They're here, you just have to look real, real close
3. I guess my wife lyes somewhere inbetween diggin it like me and thinking im nuts. She doesnt care that I mod the car (would like it the same if I didnt) but she loves to drive it. She's really not to much into cars.

Glad to see you have become a member.
Have fun turnin the pages on the forum. Theres alot of good reading. Even some pretty funny ones

Old 06-11-2005, 02:20 PM
My wife doesn't think I'm nuts, but she does not appreciate it as a car. For her it is just a way to get somewhere and is happy in our Subaru wagon (moderately peppy, as it is the H-6 Bean version). She does not like it much when I drive in a "spirited" fashion.

Enjoy the car!

Old 06-11-2005, 02:29 PM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Andy77
My wife doesn't think I'm nuts, but she does not appreciate it as a car. For her it is just a way to get somewhere and is happy in our Subaru wagon (moderately peppy, as it is the H-6 Bean version). She does not like it much when I drive in a "spirited" fashion.

Enjoy the car!
I may not be a "car person" but I definately appreciate a car for what it is. I grew up on the drag strip and one of my fondest childhood memories was meeting some of the now legends of NHRA at about my son's age (8). I love the G's but my passion lies with a big, loud V8 that sounds like it is about to take off without you.

Old 06-11-2005, 02:38 PM
My wife is registered on this site but doesn't post much. She just reads the threads and gathers all the info she can about modding. Yes, she loves to mod the car but it's always a clean mod. As far as I know, she loves her X and she especially loves how I'm the only one that cleans it.

Old 06-11-2005, 03:23 PM
My wife loves the G35 -- she takes it twice a week to work -- but doesn't do the Internet forum thing. Since I rarely mod our cars past the occasional free-flow intake or air cleaner, the only thing she thinks I'm a little kooky about is detailing them so often.

She's a little nutty herself, though. She likes manual transmissions more than I do. She flat will not consider buying a vehicle that can't be had with a manual. I love that about her.

Old 06-11-2005, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by trey's wife

2. where are they
Redg35chic, koreangrl, Booooz, tsolin01, realgone, Finiti35... they're usually in the Coupe section.

my girlfriend thinks i'm a nut `cause i'm always washing/waxing the G... but she accepts my quirks

Old 06-11-2005, 05:11 PM
My horns hold up my halo
OK. Not sure what's up. I posted earlier and it came up under the hubby's log in. Damn I gotta figure out what's up with that! LOL!! It doesn't solve much if the post still shows up under his log in.

C

Old 06-11-2005, 05:21 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
My wife is not a big car person, but she loves the G. When I test drove an 03.5 last fall she wanted to buy the car on the spot. She drove our 05 for the first time last week, but I couldn't get her to give it some gas. She usually drives like a speed demon but our 6 week old was in the back so it was understandable. I tried to teach her how to drive a manual but she was too frustrated to stick with it. That's one of the reasons my G is an automatic, though I admit I was ready for a lazy car. I've introduced her to several of my addictions over the past seven years, including motorcycles (took me three years to get her on the Harley), understanding NFL football, Poker and Thai food.

Old 06-11-2005, 05:28 PM
My horns hold up my halo
Originally Posted by harley01
My wife is not a big car person, but she loves the G. When I test drove an 03.5 last fall she wanted to buy the car on the spot. She drove our 05 for the first time last week, but I couldn't get her to give it some gas. She usually drives like a speed demon but our 6 week old was in the back so it was understandable. I tried to teach her how to drive a manual but she was too frustrated to stick with it. That's one of the reasons my G is an automatic, though I admit I was ready for a lazy car. I've introduced her to several of my addictions over the past seven years, including motorcycles (took me three years to get her on the Harley), understanding NFL football, Poker and Thai food.
Man, where are you located! Harley's, football, poker and cars - we could all be good friends. I think I was about 4 the first time I rode a Harley. I'm the only one of my friends who would prefer to sit with the guys and watch the game than sit in the kitchen with the girls and gossip.

Old 06-11-2005, 07:38 PM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
A lot of women posted in this thread (towards the end anyway).
https://g35driver.com/forums/lounge-off-topic/44439-pics-owners-their-cars.html

Old 06-11-2005, 07:42 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
First, I finally just got my own log in to save confusion.

I want to know a couple things...

2. where are they if so and why not if not?

3. those of you who are married - do your wives dig the car as much as you or do they think your nuts?

Not sure how much I will post but I'll read often i'm sure. Cars just aren't generally my "thing" but I love a good thread to read no matter the topic.

I saw a post from an Auburn fan - where are you from and ROLL TIDE!!!
1. I know there are couple of more ladies
2. don't know where they are
3. my wife loves my G and proud to drive it. But when it comes to planning mods, she gets a bit confused and frustrated when I ask her for opinions because of all the options. But when it's done...she's happy.

Old 06-12-2005, 11:54 AM
Yes, there are other women on this site. Me. I don't post too much, but I read this site regularly. This site rocks! I love cars generally and my G in particular.

Old 06-12-2005, 10:30 PM
The wife is not a car nut. Gets pretty bored whenever I talk cars, so I don't. She likes the G much better than the Mustang I've had since before I met her (the "blue bomb" she calls it), but prefers to drive automatics. At least we can take my car now instead of always driving her MDX (24K miles in first year). As for nuts....well...that's subjective . She thinks I'm nuts for participating on this forum. But I thinks she's nuts too. If I take the G over 5000RPM, and she hears the overrun when I shift, she asks "is it supposed to do that?" Like I said, not a car nut.

Old 06-13-2005, 10:20 AM
The wife tolerates my hobby, as long as i get 'sponsors'.

She's not a car nut, but enjoys learning new things. And although she'll complain, I know she likes going fast. She really does get a kick out of folks coming over to check out the car and ask questions. All women like attention.

-T

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Nosey questions from the new kid