G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

05 sedan with Bose stereo problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2005 | 09:27 PM
|
Question 05 sedan with Bose stereo problem

Hi all,

This is a problem that has occurred twice since I bought the car 4 months ago. Today, while I was driving, the stereo automatically shut off (meaning I didn't accidentally hit the on/off **** or the button on the steering wheel). When I tried to turn on the stereo again via the on/off ****, it wouldn't work. I tried the power button on the steering wheel and that seem to have done the trick. But when I tried adjusting the volume or switching stations via the head unit, it would not work/respond. However, I was able to control the volume/stations via the steering wheel.

Like I said, this is the second time it has occurred. Everything is okay after I shut off the car and restart. Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, how was the problem fixed/rectified? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Old 06-18-2005 | 09:34 PM
Haven’t seen any Service Bulletins, but here's a link in case you want to monitor it: http://www.infinitihelp.com/Infiniti...s/G35/Year.htm

In the mean time, maybe you should take it to the dealer and let them take a look.

Old 06-20-2005 | 04:38 PM
|
thanks for the link and I'm fully aware of that site.

Wow, so it appears to be an isolated issue for my car then since no other members have experienced this problem.

Old 10-01-2005 | 01:26 AM
05' G35 coupe 6MT Bose problems

I had my G35 for only two weeks and experienced the same problem with bose head unit automatically turning off while I was driving. All the buttons were on the stereo were unresponsive. The steering wheel control did work but the screen on the head unit was frozen on the last screen.

Old 10-01-2005 | 11:51 AM
I had an 05 loaner a month ago , it had the stock stereo, but did the same thing. It just turned itself off. Then nothing worked until I restarted the car. Looks like its not just on the Bose. The loaner had the popping sound coming from the front driver and passenger windows as well, which was kinda funny since my car was at the dealer for them to fix the popping sound. Kinda frustrating to see how so many Gs have problems.

i love the car, but wish infiniti would fix the little details. it IS, afterall, a "luxury" sports sedan. its time to focus on the luxury part.

Old 10-02-2005 | 04:01 AM
|
I haven't had the problem occur since my last posting. Hopefully it's just an isolated incident. I just wish Infiniti fixes all their little problems/rattles/squeaks.

Old 02-26-2006 | 04:59 AM
It's Lonely At The Bottom
Angry

I am in the same boat as you guys. This happened to me last night and thought I did something wrong, but of course I didn't.

What did you folks do?

My thread here:
https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-video-electronics/87585-bose-head-unit-half-dead.html

Why Bose...WHY?!!!!

Old 02-26-2006 | 03:28 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by ymisotall
Hi all,

This is a problem that has occurred twice since I bought the car 4 months ago. Today, while I was driving, the stereo automatically shut off (meaning I didn't accidentally hit the on/off **** or the button on the steering wheel). When I tried to turn on the stereo again via the on/off ****, it wouldn't work. I tried the power button on the steering wheel and that seem to have done the trick. But when I tried adjusting the volume or switching stations via the head unit, it would not work/respond. However, I was able to control the volume/stations via the steering wheel.

Like I said, this is the second time it has occurred. Everything is okay after I shut off the car and restart. Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, how was the problem fixed/rectified? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Same issue happens to me at random times - so your definitely not alone. It's ties to the POS head unit that goes along w/the POS audio system as a whole. The dealer is replacing the head unit, and I would suggest that you ask the dealer to do the same.

Old 02-27-2006 | 03:18 AM
It's Lonely At The Bottom
Question

Originally Posted by Birdhouse
I am in the same boat as you guys. This happened to me last night and thought I did something wrong, but of course I didn't.

What did you folks do?

My thread here:
https://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87585

Why Bose...WHY?!!!!

Hey now the unit is working again! ??HUH??

Now the radio is going nuts on me.