G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Unbelievable - How much will this cost me?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2005 | 02:44 PM
|
Yeah I am interested in my insurance companies paying for this BUT:

My wife had an accident 5 weeks ago that was not her fault but the guy has no insurance. Car was totalled and she has medical costs that we will essentially sue our own insurance co for under the no-fault rules with our coverage for under/uninsured motorists. Allstate charges so little for insurance that if we file another claim I am worried they will jack our rates. After all they haven't even run our driving record in years or they would see some tickets that we'd prefer they not see (one each in 3 years).

So, if the cost was going to be $1000 bucks, with a 500 deduct it seems to make sense to just pay for the cost of repair and then avoid what could amount to a several hundred dollar increase in rates just because they say - WTF run the poeples driving record after claiming 2 accidents in 5 weeks - even if not our fault.

When the costs gets higher, I am more compelled to use our insurance co. Once I figure the real cost, I will weigh that against the present value of the expected insurance increases and make the decision. I really want this to just go away in light of a much bigger issue that my wife's accident presents and am willing to pay something to just get it fixed. Hell, I just spent 625 bucks to install cats. What's another 1000 id my wife collects 30k from allstate for her claim and they don't raise our rates any? It's a tough call - thanks for the help.

Happy ID!

Old 07-01-2005 | 02:45 PM
If you report this as vandalisim (because it's a hit and run) you will only be responsible for the deductible, and your rate will not go up. It's not your fault!

Trust me, the cost is going to be higher than what you think...when you are faced with a $2500+ bill, you are going to like the looks of the $500 deductible

Old 07-01-2005 | 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by SixFive
Yeah I am interested in my insurance companies paying for this BUT:

My wife had an accident 5 weeks ago that was not her fault but the guy has no insurance. Car was totalled and she has medical costs that we will essentially sue our own insurance co for under the no-fault rules with our coverage for under/uninsured motorists. Allstate charges so little for insurance that if we file another claim I am worried they will jack our rates. After all they haven't even run our driving record in years or they would see some tickets that we'd prefer they not see (one each in 3 years).

So, if the cost was going to be $1000 bucks, with a 500 deduct it seems to make sense to just pay for the cost of repair and then avoid what could amount to a several hundred dollar increase in rates just because they say - WTF run the poeples driving record after claiming 2 accidents in 5 weeks - even if not our fault.

When the costs gets higher, I am more compelled to use our insurance co. Once I figure the real cost, I will weigh that against the present value of the expected insurance increases and make the decision. I really want this to just go away in light of a much bigger issue that my wife's accident presents and am willing to pay something to just get it fixed. Hell, I just spent 625 bucks to install cats. What's another 1000 id my wife collects 30k from allstate for her claim and they don't raise our rates any? It's a tough call - thanks for the help.

Happy ID!
In your situation, IF the cost of the repair was $1000 with a $500 deduct, I would pay it out of your pocket. However, I highly doubt the repair will be $1000. I'm still thinking $1600-$1800. and probably closer to the $1800 end. In that case, that's ALOT of money to fork out of the pocket.

Not sure if this is a State law or insurance company thing, but my sister was involved in a hit and run a few years ago, and she did not have to pay her deductible. The insurance paid for it all. If I were you I would research hit and run laws in your state and check with some insurance ppl (not your company) and see what they say. I'm pretty sure that insurance law here in GA says that a hit and run doesn't require paying a deductible. Check it out, it's worth the time.

Good Luck. Keep us posted.

Old 07-02-2005 | 01:45 PM
|
Ok well maybe if there is no bad implications to my rates I'll do it. I'd just hate to have them change our rates unfavorably and then have to switch companies to get a better rate and then have to contend with the 2 accidents and 2 tickets in the pricing offered by a new carrier.

Old 07-02-2005 | 03:32 PM
it seems like everyone is getting into these little accident's including myself...take a look at this 5K dammage....

Attached Thumbnails Unbelievable - How much will this cost me?-cimg0494.jpg   Unbelievable - How much will this cost me?-cimg0500.jpg   Unbelievable - How much will this cost me?-cimg0497.jpg  
Old 07-02-2005 | 07:38 PM
|
Dam - sorry to see that. That's 5K? I guess the headlight assembly, new bumper and the hood replacement make the bill run up pretty quick. What happened?

Old 07-02-2005 | 08:07 PM
Yep... plus the fender and who knows what else.. The most expensive thing was the dam headlight $775 omg cant believe that.... it all happend at 5am. A bread truck decides to pull over to the left on the other side of the street so i go around him on the right side and then he decides to cut back to the right and bang.... 50 50 fault sooo the bill will be split

Old 07-12-2005 | 02:25 PM
|
OK thanks guys for helping me feel better on this. Insurance will be picking up the tab as a no fault. Allstate rocks. They were like, "people file claims all the time without a police report. No worries now and it's going into the shop Thurday. I'll go ahead and avoid most of the bondo now and get the bumper painted to match. Has anyone had bodywork done on a desert platinum car? It should be easier to match than a Twi Blue I hope.

Getting the texture down is the true test. My Dark blue passat was a nightmare when that was dented as the same panel was cut and replaced and the texture was like a orange peel so I made them wet sand it and then I got it back with swirl marks galore. I had it back in the shop 4 times until I lemmoned it. They hated me.

Oh and no insurance surcharges for both the no-faults we've endured last month. NICE. I love allstate.

Old 07-12-2005 | 02:52 PM
Banned
accident wont be on car fax if u dont go through insurance, car would be worth more in long run, if carfax is clean,

Old 07-12-2005 | 03:39 PM
|
I plan on keeping it for years and years. The 1500 I save will more than offset the value decrease at year 10 in the vehilces life or whenever sold. And this is no frame bending accident so I'd find a dumb buyer or negotiate a small discount with them for that. No biggie.

Old 07-12-2005 | 07:46 PM
Registered
Premier Member
dam yo..those picture hurts...