G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Door scratches...what a crappy way to start 7/4 weekend.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 07:11 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Door scratches...what a crappy way to start 7/4 weekend.

I am so pissed now. Left work early for the July 4th weekend. On my way home (my car is parked outside), I saw some white spots on the rear passenger door behind the driver side. I was thinking maybe it's just some dust from the rain. Walked close to it, 5 small door scratches. I know it wasn't there yesterday. What the ????. I didn't take a picture of it. I was just so pissed, immediately washed the car and applied the touch up paint. Obviously it still looks crappy and you noticed the scratches right away.

Someone is going to be getting their a** kicked soon. There was a caravan van and some isuzu red suv parked next to me the last couple of days. I saw some red mark so its the isuzu (that mark was left right on the side protector molding). The other 4 door marks were left above it so it's gotta be that crappy caravan. As a matter of fact I saw that guy walking by when I was touching up the car. The one that drives the isuzu. Obviously I had no prove it was him but I felt like smacking the candy a** out of him. Sorry to say it but their cars will be getting some punishment in return pretty soon. I wonder if 4 popped tires are enough, still debating.

Are people so ignorant? Can't they watch when they swing open their doors?

Last edited by mikeee2; 07-01-2005 at 07:18 PM.
Old 07-01-2005, 08:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Scratches on your g > flat tires on a caravan.

Old 07-01-2005, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by G35_coupe_6MT
Scratches on your g > flat tires on a caravan.
Hey G35_coupe_6mt, I am sure you'll flip if that every happens to you. You are the one that woke up 5am in the morning to apply 50 layers of zaino (sorry a bit exaggerating) to your new car right?

I think my only solution is to get a car cover with side padding to avoid the dents and scratches. Nothing more I can do.

Old 07-01-2005, 08:39 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
Originally Posted by mikeee2
Hey G35_coupe_6mt, I am sure you'll flip if that every happens to you. You are the one that woke up 5am in the morning to apply 50 layers of zaino (sorry a bit exaggerating) to your new car right?

I think my only solution is to get a car cover with side padding to avoid the dents and scratches. Nothing more I can do.

Any chance on moving to a place with a garage--buy/rent small home or apartment with garage options?

Old 07-01-2005, 09:03 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I always look for a divider in a parking lot and park as close as I can to it. At least that way only once car can park beside me (Don't know if you have that option). At work and home I have the garage option so I'm safe. I dread the day I see my first dent, chip or god forbid a key dragged down the side. Sorry to hear about your situation.

Old 07-01-2005, 09:12 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Sorry for your bad luck Mikeee2. A car cover will help protect your ride.
C.

Old 07-01-2005, 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by Texan1
Any chance on moving to a place with a garage--buy/rent small home or apartment with garage options?
Yes, but I am still on waiting list for a garage. It's been almost 2 years on the waiting list.

Old 07-01-2005, 10:51 PM
Originally Posted by harley01
I always look for a divider in a parking lot and park as close as I can to it. At least that way only once car can park beside me (Don't know if you have that option). At work and home I have the garage option so I'm safe. I dread the day I see my first dent, chip or god forbid a key dragged down the side. Sorry to hear about your situation.
Believe me, everywhere I go I always look for a parking spot all the way at the end away from everyone else. However, back at my building we have spots at the back for tenants only. The spots are not small at all. It's pull in spots. However, there are always the ***holes whom never pay attention and just swings their door open whether intentionally or unintentionally. I, myself even when I drive my 13 year old accord I still watch when I open the door because I know how much it hurts to dent someone's door. Unfortunately not everyone thinks the same way. I think they should make every car's door a LAMBO door or some sort of sliding door like a mini-van.

Old 07-01-2005, 10:53 PM
Originally Posted by Gsedanman
Sorry for your bad luck Mikeee2. A car cover will help protect your ride.
C.
Yes, seriously considering one this time. I remembered you said the same thing last time when I had a cat jumped on top of my car and left a couple of light scratches on the hood. We'll see...

Old 07-02-2005, 12:33 AM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mikeee2
Sorry to say it but their cars will be getting some punishment in return pretty soon. I wonder if 4 popped tires are enough, still debating.
Are you seriously considering vandalizing someone else's personal property?

Old 07-02-2005, 12:37 AM
Originally Posted by trey.hutcheson
Are you seriously considering vandalizing someone else's personal property?
Did you see what state I am from?

Old 07-02-2005, 12:52 AM
Popping his 4 tires might be a bit too much. I just said that to release my anger. It's New York. I am not saying it's a tough town but getting even is pretty much a norm here. I didn't mess with his van/suv so neither should he mess with my car. But he did...

Old 07-02-2005, 01:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear it. You should see the $500 + dent some fu@ker left on the right rear fender last weekend. There is only so much you can do because people suck! Ours is garaged and NEVER parked in a small stall. I consider door dings as robbery because $500 or more will magically disappear from my wallet now.

Old 07-02-2005, 01:36 AM
Originally Posted by Mosi
Sorry to hear it. You should see the $500 + dent some fu@ker left on the right rear fender last weekend. There is only so much you can do because people suck! Ours is garaged and NEVER parked in a small stall. I consider door dings as robbery because $500 or more will magically disappear from my wallet now.
I mean it left some small dings. It's now touched up already. I doubt I'll spend anywhere in the ball park of $500 to fix it. Maybe when I get the garage one day I'll get it detail. In a way, the dents are unavoidable, touch wood but I know later there will be more coming. This might be a reason why I know some people only buy used cars.

You know when some people park, they just get on my nerves when they parked over the lines (lines are meant to separate spots). When they park their cars and it's overlapping the line on the left of their car, this is what I do when I am driving my accord. I mean my accord is still in good condition but what the heck if I get another dent then it's another dent. When it's a nice car (bimmer, audi, etc) I'll do this. I would park my accord so close to their driver door that he/she would need to crawl in from the passenger side to start their engine. This might teach them a lesson to watch the lines next time.

Old 07-02-2005, 10:09 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Are people so ignorant?
From the looks of your response, the same could be said about you..

Disturbs me a bit to read that you're considering damaging someone elses car over what happened to yours...

Did you speak to the offender about it? My guess is you didn't because you probably aren't 100 percent sure that you know who it is.

If you are sure, and I don't know how you can be if you didn't witness it, but if you are, you should give the person the chance to make it good. If they don't, take them to court. Anything else puts you on the same level as the other POS that key cars etc..

Are you saying they INTENTIONALLY damaged your car? If so, how do you know? Have you had altercations with the people that would cause them to want to screw with your car?

Pretty pi$$-poor attitude IMO.

Last edited by GeeWillikers; 07-02-2005 at 10:12 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Door scratches...what a crappy way to start 7/4 weekend.