G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

G35 the new "drug dealers car?"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 11:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SixFive
Let's not forget that racial profiling has it's place as well. In this society we are going to lose some freedom thanks to those that have hijakced a religion. Don't blame cops trying to protect you, blame the f-ing hijackers who kill innocent people, because the people in the society that affords them the very freedoms they live under, have casual sex or drink alchohol. Frisking my lily white gradmother is a waste of time at a bus terminal; there should be a targeted profile or cops are wasting thier time for the sake of appearances. The irony of democracy is sometimes too much for most to comphrehend.
Gee, ever heard of Timothy McVeigh? How about Eric Rudolph? And speaking of your grandmother, ever heard of Ma Barker?

Old 07-18-2005, 11:56 AM
Like I tell my fraternity brothers who are cops..."you all suck until I need you again!"

The cops are your best friend when your a** is on the line and I think people forget that sometimes or have never been in a situation where police are appreciated.

Just like any other profession there are bad apples, unfortunately there may be people who are racist and took the profession to further their agenda, who knows!

My cousin who happened to be a non smoking, non drinking, US Navy, who went to church every Sunday was shot in the back and killed by a white officer 5 times. They did not let people testify regarding what really happened. The officer was given 2yrs Manslaughter and thats it!

I do dislike him greatly for his acts, but it would be wrong for me to hate all officers for his acts.

I have been pulled over once where I know it was blatant racial profiling!

I have been excused from obvious traffic offenses by white/black/hispanic officers.

With all of that being said, I think you got off pretty easy with all of the dialogue between you guys!

Last edited by RaleighNC; 07-18-2005 at 03:51 PM.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:59 AM
At the risk of starting a big flame war:

Smarting off to the cops was not a good idea, we've established that. But I think accusing them of profiling was probably the worst of it. Cops hear this all the time, and it's often a knee-jerk reply from someone hoping to deflect blame.

"You're just hassling me because I'm [minority]!"
"No, I stopped you because you were speeding in this stolen car."
"You're a racist [person who practices incest]!"

Now, maybe the cops DID profile you. But do you REALLY want to say the same things to them that they've heard so many criminal lowlifes say just before the situation got violent?

The more I think of it, the more I think Machine Head is lucky not to have become Baton Head. Here in Chicago he would definitely have earned at least a ride to the station house and a couple of bumps, and the car would likely be at the impound yard.

Old 07-18-2005, 12:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Corgidog
Just curious-you said your boy called you- did you mean your son or just a friend as your story indicated that you were too young to have a son who drives?
Just curious myself, how come he never answered this?

Old 07-18-2005, 12:41 PM
It was already answered on page 2 (its his friend-younger people sometimes say my "boy" as in my "Friend")....

Old 07-18-2005, 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by G35Alex
It was already answered on page 2 (its his friend-younger people sometimes say my "boy" as in my "Friend")....
Oh, I saw that answer from another member, just not from him is all.

Old 07-18-2005, 01:55 PM
I've heard of thousands of white's murdering all kinds of people - ever heard of the KKK. Pinpointing SOME of the troublemakers only makes sense. There are obvious patterns and there are always exceptions. When the cop to people ratio is x thousand to 1 - resources need to be managed effectively. Don't tell me there is not a pattern to the trend in violence across the globe..you really can't.

The large majority (god this is off track - my apologies to the thread starter) of deaths to innocent bystanders are coming from one particular racial profile. Whether we agree it's right or not - it is happening even if your local authorites or the feds won't admit it. It's a plain and simple shame that it has to happen.

Anyone read that Colo. Rep. Tom Tancredo would have the most holiest mosques in the middle east bombed if there was a multiple nulclear explosion in US cities due to terrorist nuking us?

There are real impositions to freedom when freedom itself is used against a democracy. The war we are in now may be the most protraced, expensive and deadly of any we've seen..it's a shame but it's not our choice and neither is the limitation of fundamental rights to a point where it serves the society's overall wellbeing. IT SUCKS but it's happeing now...

Old 07-18-2005, 03:30 PM
the cops did everything fine, if what you are your friend were doing looked like a possible drug transaction, then they were fine to pull you over. Dont pull race into it. And he was probably running your plates like you said, they always do that before pulling you over nowadays. Then by you acting like an A$$, they just gave you more of a hard time b/c of that. Be polite next time, it will get you farther than you think.

Old 07-18-2005, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by stl_ls1gto
the cops did everything fine, if what you are your friend were doing looked like a possible drug transaction, then they were fine to pull you over. Dont pull race into it. And he was probably running your plates like you said, they always do that before pulling you over nowadays. Then by you acting like an A$$, they just gave you more of a hard time b/c of that. Be polite next time, it will get you farther than you think.
. . . Or next time . . . The word, TASER, might be used in a long written report . . . j/k . . .

Old 07-18-2005, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by Gdream
Let me guess--you're 57, lily-white, and live in rural Utah because Salt Lake is just too wild and crazy.
Just busing your ***** "My boy" is slang for "friend."
2 out of 3 ain't bad, I gotta get with the times, my boy.

Old 07-18-2005, 05:18 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by RaleighNC
Like I tell my fraternity brothers who are cops..."you all suck until I need you again!"

The cops are your best friend when your a** is on the line and I think people forget that sometimes or have never been in a situation where police are appreciated.

Just like any other profession there are bad apples, unfortunately there may be people who are racist and took the profession to further their agenda, who knows!

My cousin who happened to be a non smoking, non drinking, US Navy, who went to church every Sunday was shot in the back and killed by a white officer 5 times. They did not let people testify regarding what really happened. The officer was given 2yrs Manslaughter and thats it!

I do dislike him greatly for his acts, but it would be wrong for me to hate all officers for his acts.

I have been pulled over once where I know it was blatant racial profiling!

I have been excused from obvious traffic offenses by white/black/hispanic officers.

With all of that being said, I think you got off pretty easy with all of the dialogue between you guys!
I am really sorry to hear about your cousin. That has to be one of the most horrible stories I have heard. Something similar happend where I live to a Iranian guy that was 20 years old. He was breaking up a fight and some redneck off-duty officer came out and shot the poor kid and killed him because the guys fighting were making too much noise.

Things like this make me angered and I've lost all respect for cops. I am glad you have the strenth and forgiveness to not judge all cops the same. However, I feel they are all the same bags of sh*t and I would never help a cop out, I rather watch him squirm if the situation permitted. (I have a cousin who is a cop and I still feel like this)

I've been pulled over about 15 times in my short time of driving. The times I have been let off the cops were not rednecks and usually not "white". The times I've been given tickets it was some racist redneck pig who was too jealous seeing me drive a nicer car than him.

Old 07-18-2005, 05:50 PM
I would have tazed your *** the minute you mentioned my wife. You sound like a smartass to me, man.

In that EXACT same situation I would have been nothing if not completely composed and courteous. Then I'd have told them my frustration, or filed a report long after it was over if I continued to have a problem.

That's all I have to say.

As for the racial profiling thing... I understand. EVERY TIME I've driven around in a pair of sweatpants in a nice-*** car late at night at apartment complexes, interacting through the window with drunk people like a drug dealer might, and then get pulled over by the police, I just KNOW it's because I'm a white dude with a British accent. I mean, somewhere a crime was being committed and here's me acting in a way that is completely normal and some jackass cop pulls me over just because I'm a white immigrant... wtf!?!

Old 07-18-2005, 06:10 PM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by Nickk6
However, I feel they are all the same bags of sh*t and I would never help a cop out, I rather watch him squirm if the situation permitted. (I have a cousin who is a cop and I still feel like this)

I've been pulled over about 15 times in my short time of driving. The times I have been let off the cops were not rednecks and usually not "white". The times I've been given tickets it was some racist redneck pig who was too jealous seeing me drive a nicer car than him.
We were having a civil conversation here until you loused it up. Thanks for taking this thread right into the toilet...and don't forget to flush!

Old 07-18-2005, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
We were having a civil conversation here until you loused it up. Thanks for taking this thread right into the toilet...and don't forget to flush!
I totally agree cru. That's uncalled for, I hope he never needs the assistance of a police officer!

Old 07-18-2005, 06:51 PM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by ABQ_G35
I totally agree cru. That's uncalled for, I hope he never needs the assistance of a police officer!
I hope he does! Then maybe when they save his worthless @ss he'll change his tone. That's a whole lot of hope though.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 the new "drug dealers car?"